[VIDEO]: Mercedes CLK DTM AMG at ********** 10/29 | FerrariChat

[VIDEO]: Mercedes CLK DTM AMG at ********** 10/29

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by ELIM, Oct 29, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ELIM

ELIM Formula 3

Apr 29, 2005
    OC, CA
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    For those interested, here's some footage of the CLK DTM at today's gathering.

VIDEO

Enjoy! :cool:

2. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    He finally left?

3. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    nice vid - that'll be my boy Bob the fighter pilot with the 300SL...

gotta get up to La Canada again and see that thing - I've been hearing about it from him for a while.

Cheers
    Kev

4. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Nicest car designed in the 1930s.

:(

12 cylinders or walk

5. JamE55

JamE55 Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Saw him this past saturday and the car is just unreal! The exhaust note once it gets started feels like an aftershock! lol

6. HRCVF750

HRCVF750 Karting

Jul 13, 2006
    La Canada, Ca.
    Full Name:
    M. Lyle
    I saw it Sat morning in La Canada.... beautiful car. If any of you get to meet Bob the owner I think you'll find him a very humble but also very interesting enthusiast.

PS: He's got the cabriolet version of this same car on order so he'll have a complimentary pair when it arrives.

Mel

7. ELIM

ELIM Formula 3

Apr 29, 2005
    OC, CA
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    It was a treat because I've never seen one in-person. It was great that Bob was so humble and enjoyed sharing his pictures and stories. He mentioned that after he picked it up in July from Germany he went to Hockenheim. On a particular straight section he was able to hit 213mph!

LOL...yes, right after you drove out! Actually, he stayed the whole show and was one of the last to leave.

8. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    So....does that make 2 CLK-DTMs in the States? If my memory seems to recall correctly, isn't there one for sales at Lotus of Scottsdale?

Edit: So....there is one for sale there...http://lotus-scottsdale.ebizautos.com/detail.aspx?iid=1141847&anchor=/2005/Mercedes-Benz/CLK-DTM-AMG/// .....and by further research, I found this quote from a reliable source ;) ...from this thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124733&highlight=CLK+DTM

Thus, I've answered my own question. My apologies, folks.

9. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    According to my knowledge, there are presently 4 here in the states. 1 which belongs to a cool guy who brought it up to CC, this one that was at Euro Sunday, the one in Az, and they had one up in monteray, but I think it might have been sent back. There will soon be a 5th one here as the owner of the DTM that was at Euro sunday is taking delivery of his 2nd one...a black cabriolet.

10. kahmed

kahmed Karting

Dec 15, 2005
    Canepa Design used to have one, did that get sold? Also, there was one in Miami.