Video games to movies | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Video games to movies

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bounty, Oct 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Jerry Seinfeld as Leisure Suit Larry....Tawni? Any big boobed hollywood whore...

2. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #27 Night life, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
    Resident Evil movie 1 & 2 were represented well on screen they actually stayed a similar plot line as the game, even the mutants looked similar as the game, and that is the key to a successful movie I believe. Most game to movie remakes fall way short of the potential the game offers, they change so much of it that the people that bought the games and made it popular in the first place feel cheated when they see it on the big screen.

If anyone has any influence in what game could potentially be made next I have the answer. This game is one of the most exciting well written story's in the gaming industry, full of plots deceit romance murder axis/allies betrail list goes on and on. There are recurring characters and intertwining story lines it has been around since 1987 and each time the game comes out it is a smash hit, the game is called

Metal Gear

With a main character named Solid Snake you know he can kick a$$

The last story and unfortunately the final game came out on June 12 "Metal Gear 4 Sons of the Patriot"
    If you have not played this game you are missing out, and Hollywood is missing on a blockbuster.

3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Theyve been trying to get a MGS movie off the ground for a while. The producer of that game is very much a control freak (probably why the games are so good) and butts heads with the Hollywood guys.

4. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  5. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    This is another good "machinima" based on Fallout 3 called The DC Chronicles. The videos are more interesting and engaging if you've actually played the game.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/10/07/rather-good-fallout-3-machinima/#more-19200

I've been really impressed by some of the work people have done. My friend showed me one based on World of Warcraft where they did it as an episode of Cribs. They also did some as a Survivor series, but I couldn't make it through the first episode...it was bad.