[Video] ChompsIL's bro in 996 GT3 rollover... | FerrariChat

[Video] ChompsIL's bro in 996 GT3 rollover...

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rob lay, Apr 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    A few of you heard the discussion Saturday night at Exotic Car Nights. ChompsIL's brother instructs quite often at the track and he was right seat in a 996 GT3 that went end over end at MSR. This video is another Porsche on other side of track that saw it. Everyone was OK minus a few bruises and cuts.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2709850543693662346

2. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    SUCK! Was that MSR-C? What part of the track? I have not driven the new (well, I guess not all that new anymore) part of the track.

That totally bites! Was everyone ok?

James
    Austin, TX

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, MSRC. Ricochet, which is fast, downhill, and off camber. At least one person has died on that corner. My favorite corner!

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    :eek:
    That really looked painful & scary.

5. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    YEOW! Really! I was not aware of that... Oh, wait, I was. It was an open car, really low and there is a slight rise and he was on the other side of it and got hit as I recall... TOTAL SUCKAGE! I have only driven that track for a few events. Back in the old days when it was ONLY short. Not a real 928 track. A bit to tight to enjoy in the big bruiser of a car. I think it is a GREAT Boxster/Cayman track though. Probably Miata too.

James
    Austin, TX