[VIDEO]: Alonso Hunts down Schumie in the Wet, Hungary GP 2006 | FerrariChat

[VIDEO]: Alonso Hunts down Schumie in the Wet, Hungary GP 2006

Discussion in 'F1' started by freshmeat, Jul 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Enjoy:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ZMQpdX9HQ[/ame]

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Now that's F1 :eek:

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Top comment - "Charlie where is the safety car?" has 56 likes

LOL

Edit: Wow, just read the comments. Many complaining about how they don't race in the wet anymore, lamenting the loss of great sounding cars, etc. Says it all.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I remember this race...The bridgestones where so horrendously ****, most where 5-8 seconds a LAP of the pace compared to Michelins. Schumacher did well considering...he was 3-4 seconds of the pace IIRC.

5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I remember that after Alonso's wheel fell off MS was going to gain a huge haul of points on him but Ferrari, as always, screwed up his strategy and left him out way too long on inters at the end and he was a sitting duck

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The now infamous race losing Italian strategy...lol;)

:(

The thing I remember most of that season is Schumacher and Alonso, on equal points, Schumi had just announced his retirement a few weeks prior. Schumacher was leading in the Japanese GP...and in the latter stage of the race his engine went after the degners.

It was my birthday.

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Wrong, it was Michael decision to remain on track..i was screaming at home so he would enter and change..but he didn't listen :)..he kept fighting De la Rosa in the Mclaren untill he broke the damn car!!!

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    This was also a race were Alonso "the cheater" saw a yellow flag during qualy and having Michael right behind him, brake very hard, making forcing Michael to overtake him in order to avoid crashing, thus making him get a penalty for overtaking under yellows!! What a sack of ****...

9. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Kinda like when MS did this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWwNU79-tZA

What a sack of ****

10. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
  11. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
  12. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    The greatest of all time passed away in 94, sorry. I feel bad for his current situation but he wasn't always the cleanest driver.

13. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I saw that too, I totally lol'd.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lol, no Senna he was the cleanest driver of all.

Thanks for the laughs!

15. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I don't remember Senna ever being excluded from the entire season like MS was in 1997.

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Though he torpedoed (and told the world beforehand that he would do it!) Prost to get the title.

17. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    And Prost didn't do it to him the year before? An eye for a eye. MS did it because it was his nature.

18. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #18 TifosiUSA, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Lol, neither was Senna, who MS beat in his first season in F1. But we can argue about who is better between the two until the cows come home. By the time Senna died it was obvious there was a new sheriff in town, though. He was incredibly worried about MS.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Wrong, it was Senna who did it..2 years in a row!!!...i guess it was his nature...

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  21. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    #21 racerx3317, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Ummm no

1993 Formula 1 standings - GPUpdate.net

You mean when Benetton was cheating? I have little doubt had Imola not occurred Senna would have been champ in 94. Heck, Hill should have won after MS freaked out and hit the wall at Adelaide.

You're right, there's no point in having this discussion, in the end it's only our opinions. Senna might not have always been clean, especially against Prost, but he always seemed to have a justification, even if it didn't make sense. MS just seemed to cheat in order to win, to me. That's why I didn't really like him.

22. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

When engines sounded like engines and not farts.

And that move on the outside in the wet . . . priceless.

23. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
  24. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Uhhhh yes. Good try but his first season was 1992, and Senna took that L.

Senna started all the the TC BS after schumacher owned him at his home GP forcing him into a mistake that ended his race. The only reason the WDC was close with hill that year was the FIA banning schumacher for multiple races for ignoring a black flag lmao. Never been any ruling like it before or since

Schumacher was just better, he didnt have to "cheat to win," thats just typical sour grapes from senna fans that saw a better driver come in and rewrite every record.

Senna is one of the dirtiest drivers of all time so i have no idea where youre coming from anyway

25. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Ah right, 92. Sorry. 7 DNFs for Senna with a crap box.

Senna started that? Explain how the FIA actually found the program then. He noticed it as did others. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benetton_B194

I agree, he didn't have to. But he did which is why his legacy will always be tainted. 1997 was a disgrace so was Monaco qualy in 06. Schu was good, great but I will never see him as better. We'll never know for sure who was better so it remains your opinion. A lot of folks don't agree with you on that.

Really? Other than Suzuka which was Prost's fault. and 1990 which was his, give me some examples. There's many examples of MS's dirty driving. I'd be happy to share them with you.