Veyron Supersports top speed: 267 mph - How long will it stay? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Veyron Supersports top speed: 267 mph - How long will it stay?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by DriveAfterDark, Jul 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    See if you can get your hands on a copy of the National Geographic special on the original Veyron. Usually these docus suck when they're about cars, but this one is really incredible. Lots of technical info.

Truthfully I don't think it would be very easy, I think the 1000hp is the easy part. With enough $$$ and effort you can fairly easily get a 1000hp car, but getting one that is stable is another thing entirely. I've been in a Super Sport at between 140 and 160 and it feels just as solid as it does at 60. I can tell you the brakes are more impressive than the overall power of the car. My favorite stat is 0-60-0 in under 5 seconds, just incredible. It does seem like an overly complex car, but that's one of the reasons for it, it's a very drivable car. You need not be a race driver to drive it and you could easily (if you don't mind the maintenance costs) daily drive it.

2. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not to go on and on about this, but I think making the car any simpler would be compromising and that is certainly something that isn't worth doing with this car.