Veyron on Top Gear | FerrariChat

Veyron on Top Gear

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by beckerto, Dec 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exoticalex

exoticalex Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Full Name:
    Alex L
    What a close race! I was starting to get VERY worried for Jeremy in the last few moments, but he prevailed!

The Veyron is so impressive. The technology behind it is truely one of a kind, and Clarkson is correct in stating that we may never see such a thing in the future. 5million quid to produce a single car!!!

The torrent can be found here: http://www.mininova.org/tor/175022

2. HossB

HossB Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2005
    DC
    Full Name:
    Ben
    thanks for the links!

3. Cris Bertschi

Cris Bertschi Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Full Name:
    Cristián Bertschi
    What a show!

I´ve seen a couple of Veyrons in the flesh and it is out of this world...

regards.
    Cris.-

4. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    I was pretty disapointed with the episode. I was hoping Clarkson would give more specific details on the car and its development instead of just saying "this car is amazing" over and over again. They should of took the Veyron and done some crazy driving on their closed course, or maybe even see how fast it would go in a straight line before they run out of road (like when they tested the Koenigsegg).

5. Pagani16

Pagani16 Formula 3

Apr 25, 2005
    SoCal(San Diego)
    Full Name:
    Jason T.
    I agree.
    I can't wait to see one in the U.S.

6. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    everyone is talking about VEYRON's top speed 407 kph (252 mph) but that figure is not as impressive as it's acceleration figures !

but I'm yet and eager to see a table comparision of it's awesome ACCELERATION when compared to others so called supercars . then it really out stands in a class of it's own far beyond any other car.

it's so quick in the 0 - 200 mph it makes Mc Laren (let alone Enzo) look like slow family sedans.

7. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    That video seriously sucked! I wanted to see this car in its glory kicking ass, and all I got was about 4,000 drive-bys! And some of the fly-bys were inverted shots of old shots! Come Fuggin on, fire the camera crew!
    ahhhhhh "Hollow" show! That didn't make me happy to see such a car, it angered me......

8. Nicke

Nicke Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2005
    Hellsinki
    Full Name:
    Nicke Forsell
    Well, it made me to fall in love with the Bugatti, what a piece of engineering ! One of those cars that wont get a rival in a long time I think.

But as you have mentioned something was missing, I am hoping they'll do the fast lap in the next episode, they seemed to tun out of time all the time in this episode.

Add to Christmas wish list:

1 Bugatti Veyron

9. tufbo

tufbo Rookie

Oct 19, 2005
    Trondheim, Norway
    Full Name:
    Bo Tuflåt
    I think they will most definetely do a serious review of it later, they usually do feature exciting cars several times, like the 430 and Zonda for instance, in races and reviews.
    I suppose getting a Veyron for reviewing at the time they got it was not too easy so they probably felt a long journey would test the car on more courses before they later on will do a speed and handling review around the track. That way the car will be more properly tested.

As for Clarkson talking little about specs and so even assures me more of a second review later, and I think it's going to be a big one.

10. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Is bit torrent usable on my mac?

Is Bugatti considered a French, Italian, or German car? Ettore was born in Italy and opened in France correct? The EB110's were made in Italy. Now the Veryon again in France but VW owns them?

Cant wait to see that video.

11. 355BOY

355BOY Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    the North
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What amazes me is that if you line the Maclaren F1 and the Veyron up together on a runway and let the Maclaren off the leash.

Then, wait until the Maclaren hits 120 mph before you let the veyron go.

THE VEYRON BEATS THE MACLAREN TO 200MPH!!!!!

AMMMMMMAZZZZZING

12. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California

Sounds like BS to me (not directed towards you). Clarkson does talk out of his ass sometimes. I could be wrong though, anyone have any acceleration figures besides 0-60 and top speed for the Veyron?

13. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
  14. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
  15. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Official Bugatti press release (from April):

The Bugatti Veyron tops 400 Km/h !

Molsheim, 29th April 2005. – Over the last few days the Bugatti Veyron has achieved a top speed of over 400 Km/h (248.5 miles/h). This result was realised on the high speed section of the Volkswagen proving grounds at Ehra – Lessien, supervised by the German Homologation Authority “TÜV – Süddeutschland” and officially chronometred by their precision measuring units. The car managed to reach this speed several times and in both directions, as required by the official measuring procedures.

The Bugatti super-sports-car has thus attained yet another major goal in it ambitious development process.

16. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    yousendit.com please?

17. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I have the file, show me how I do it and I will put it up.

18. GiB_@!

GiB_@! Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2005
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Alex

I find it hard to believe the Veryon does the standing 1/4 in 10.8 considering the Enzo can achieve an 11.1... Surely the Veryon is faster ?

19. quattro

quattro Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Daniel Kelly
    the veyron WILL run 9's it has been clocked to 60 mph at less than 2.6 seconds and as far as that analogy of the mclaren f1 it is absolutely true and jeremy clarkson is not making it up. I have read an article where they did the comparison on the press drive although slightly differantly. they had them both lined up together and the mclaren launches and the bugatti waits for 10 seconds and then takes off and still beats the mclaren to 200mph
    i will try and dig the article up again

20. Ulmis

Ulmis Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2005
    It`s a french-italian-british-german car

The chassis is italian made , the gearbox british , the engine german , and they are all put together in Molsheim , France

21. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Another thing Clarkson said is it costs VW over 5 Million pounds to make 1 Bugatti Veyron. Is that correct? I knew they were losing money but that seems ridiculous.

22. AMDBMan

AMDBMan Karting

Jun 21, 2005
    Hartford
    Full Name:
    Will
    Could he have possibly been quoting the entire production costs (machinery, facilities, manpower, etc.) in with that figure?

23. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Yeah that would be the only way it would make sense. Has Bugatti said how many Veyron's they are going to build? Because without that Clarkson is really talking out of his arse (which i guess isn't much of a suprise). Great show though. It is entertaining and Clarkson is funny at times. I really hope they get The Stig to test Bugatti on their test track. It will be interesting to see how fast the Veyron goes on a track.

24. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #25 RP, Dec 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Veyron is incredibly facinating. I have read every test I could get my hands on, and every magazine, European or American, comes to the same conclusion.

The Veyron is without a doubt the most incredible road car of all time. It is not a race car in street clothing like the Enzo, it is a real road car with amazing engineering.

VW is going to build 60-90 of these cars over the next three years, everyone at a financial loss. The reason is they plan to market the Bugatti name and the Veyron is the eye opening tool, not to mention an engineering study. Next will be either a four door to compete with the new Bentley (part of the VW family), and a "small" sports car in the Gallardo (VW family) and F430 category. These two will be for profit, using the lessons learned from the Veyron as a basis.

If I had that $1.25 million, I would buy a Veyron without any doubt.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login