veyron meets its goals! | FerrariChat

veyron meets its goals!

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by alan, Aug 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
  2. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    What are the goals. Not overheating after 5 minutes? Being able to get moving without atomising the tires? Costing a lot of money?

3. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    look if it works it works, theres no point in living in denial just because you like ferrari or the mclaren f1 more, as i said before a great car is a great car no mater what the marque.why put a downer on it, i know styling is objective but that at the end of the day is personal opinion ,if you dont like it fine thats up to you, but it doesnt stop me admiring the car.

4. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Who peed in your cereal? Geez, don't you undestand a little humour? Veyeron has had so many teething problems it became a bit of a joke. I have nothing against it. If it works, will be a cool car.

5. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    oh dont get me wrong the tone of my reply is not meant to be negative its meant to be positive, but i do get a little tired of marques that arent wearing a horsey badge being riddiculed.Personally i think if the veyron has achieved its goals then the joke is on the negative people who have been waiting for it to fail.

6. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    LOL! I thought this post was very funny, especially the last bit ;)

Lighten up Alan, I dunno how your second post was meant to be positive :p

7. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    well im a car lover and im stating the good points of the car, seems positive to me, but if jokers and cynics think they know better.And what do you mean lighten up? im in a great mood you cant 'read' emotion, your both assuming that im angry im not i just like the car so im defending it why is that negative?
    you lighten up and take the post the way its meant to be taken a celebration of the arrival of a great car!

8. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I'm tired of people bashing Bugatti just because this site is called ferrarichat

9. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    I still don't think the technology is ready. What kind of tires did they use for the top speed run? Does it still spin like a top even in the hands of experienced professionals?

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The car is real and is drivable. Seating comfort is very good as is headroom. Car at Pebble was pre production but nicely finished. Real potential US buyers can test one in Jan. Car looks better in real life than in photos. 300k euro deposit against 1,300,000 euro price delivery next year.

There will be US cars and one was sold at Pebble to a US buyer. Production is hoped to be 300. If any of you are serious pm me and I'll point you in the right direction.

Best

11. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I heard that in order to reduce the time to production, initially they're only going to be available in 1 colour...Elephantine White? ;)

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Being Fuglier than even the Schmenzo ? LOL

13. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    Well, I have to admit that I always thought it was a outstanding design. I like the car a lot. And to accomplish putting down that power (on Michelin tires) is a pretty darn good deal. Interior is a little uninspiring but the car looks great to me. That one in the pics can't be production ready? Or do you sign a waiver saying that it will never see rain? All that open deck engine area look won't like water.

14. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    certainly is ugly in pictures...cant wait for the first official road test to see what its like to drive...i wish it wasnt so heavy

15. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Unless I failed my Algebra class, I calculated this thing, from top speed, has an average deceleration of a little over 1.15 g. Is this good or bad considering how heavy this baby is?

16. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Napolis do you know if the blue/white one at pebble with the side indicators is the U.S. spec version as opposed to the one in the link above with no side indicators being the euro version? Or is that just tinkering till they get the final production version?

17. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Hi
    They told me this one was still pre production but it was pretty finished. They also said US Version was absolutely happening. The car was driving all over. Very professional presentation. As my friend at pf pointed out the wheelbase is very short for all that HP.
    Best

18. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    Averaging 1.15 g over those 10 seconds, that is more of a function of brake durability than sheer power.
    At a speed of 250 MPH, the 1950 kg veyron has about 25 million joules of kinetic energy. Brakes work by turning that energy into heat through friction. If my math is correct that's enough heat to boil 20 gallons of room-temp water ... in 10 seconds.

19. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    an owner of a 512M complaining about other cars being ugly. That's interesting

20. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #20 WILLIAM H, Aug 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I seriously love the car. Is that serious enough to know if there will be one, say ... in NY at some random showroom for a while? I'm pretty sure it's never gonna make it to Canada, so NY isn't too far away ...

22. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I think it's likely one will be at an auto show or two maybe CIAS.

23. LexusEnthusiast

LexusEnthusiast Karting

Aug 14, 2005
    Long Island, NY
  24. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i know styling of cars is a matter of taste, but if you think the veryon is better looking than williams 512m, then i would recommend a neurosensory medical evalution!!!! just kidding, but the 512m spider is beautiful to my taste...the bugatti, is ...well, i don t know what it is ..it is different,thats for sure...i will take a test drive though..that would be wild!!!!

25. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean