VEYRON DIES IN 2014 | FerrariChat

VEYRON DIES IN 2014

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by NaeemT, Jan 5, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

"VW is also said to be calling on Bugatti to pull its weight."

Um...what else does Bugatti sell??

RMX

2. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Maybe they will put out a car that competes with the Aston Martin Cygnet.

I keed, I keed.

3. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.
    So in other words, VW greenlights the Veyron as a purely technical exercise, knowing full well they'll lose a truckload of money on each car and then says "Bugatti, you must pull your weight".

RMX is right...they only make ONE car (with several different iterations mind you). I can't see the logic in making this statement. Either you acknowledge that your hyper-exotic brand will be a financial drain on the company, while you continue to manufacture dream machines...or you go down the road of manufacturing a Bugatti sedan, coupe, convertible, SUV, etc.

I know which choice I'd prefer.

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    there's a thread elsewhere on Fchat about their new, $1.5mm sedan that looks remarkably like a Panamera.

I think "pulling their weight" probably should mean cars in the Bentley Mulsanne/Brooklands range or slightly higher; $500-750k. they've already discovered how difficult selling million dollar cars is (the Veyron will have been out nearly a decade when the model run ends, and only sold 300).

5. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    They need to shift more tee shirts and hats.

6. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    ugh.....the galibier (sp?) isn't much to look at for sure.....just another VW/Porsche/Audi enterprise mobile IMO .....not unlike the maybach looking like a kitted-up MB sedan

look at the new rolls royce has presence and stance, a "stately" appearance......any bugatti sedan, given it's royale ancestory, should do this same at least

if bugatti wants to make money, build a rolls royce 'better' sedan, and a GT, along the lines of the bentley GT coupe, but a "notch" up.....in a few years then another uber-veyron IMO

the guys who can afford any bugatti would want it to top each of these marques, in style and competence

7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I disagree. The Bugatti driver also has Bentley's. The marque is about being the best at a price... the price of being ludicrously priced.

8. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    that's the point, any bugatti would be "ludicrously priced" upmarket of example a bently, and so in turn should be "that much" better in not just performances but styling as well

my post is in reply with others who also consider the sedan concept pics looking like basically a fancied porsche sedan

9. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    They just need more special editions...
    :D

10. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    LOL .....and clarkson thought subaru was bad with STi "editions" :)

11. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I suspect they'll build cheaper 2+2's and a flagship every 10 years.
    The $1.2M MSRP on the Galibier won't last very long either IMO.

12. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    #13 velocetwo, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Driftracer3

Driftracer3 Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    218 concept 4 door.

14. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Well IMO it looks bettter than a My- BeK, Bentley or RR. That Bugatti name, badge and grill drip with class and good looks, I hope VW respects that and takes good care of the brand.

15. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The Galibier looks so profoundly German, there isn't a line or detail on the car that can't be accredited to another German-owned manufacturer. I hate to sound arrogant about it, but any unique design efforts seem to be at a minimum. The dash is quite nice though. :)

16. kevin956

kevin956 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    #17 kevin956, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Soon there will be a 24 cylinder 6 turbo supercar making over 2000hp from the factory with a 5 million dollar asking price :)

18. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    So long as Herr Piech still runs the show, Bugattists will have nothing to fear.