Vettel to Aston Martin F1 2021 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Vettel to Aston Martin F1 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

But Vettel has not collected any and will not be in a title challenger either lol. His skill is on the decline not on the way up. That would be Max and Charles. Sorry lol :)

2. DF1

Sure but not F1 drivers in general.

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Was NOT ask of professional race car drivers, was ask of anyone !

Actually a lot of professions have people get better all the way until they are retired.

tifosi12 and william like this.
  4. DF1

Sorry the mis-understanding.......i will ask the Mods to ban me..........

:)

ingegnere likes this.
  5. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    me me me - I'm a lawyer and have learned something and improved virtually every day since my school years. And I'm fast approaching my 90th birthday.

Jakuzzi, classic308, SimCity3 and 5 others like this.
  6. DF1

Yes. I will retain you and increase your 'retainer' lol. I know functional learning is an improvement for any age. The F1 driver in general will not be in such a position as indicated by slower, yes slightly slower reaction times etc with age. Given how error prone Vettel is, he is fighting bad habits and not age in his case. The new talent is pushing him.

7. DF1

Charles 57 pts

Vettel 17pts

8. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    SV is going to leave after Lance beats him on points next year. Sad to know that Ferrari can put anyone in that seat right now, and it would be an instant upgrade over Vettel.

ingegnere, DF1 and tifosi12 like this.
  9. DF1

With every new team - mate, Vettel folds like a beach-lounger at the end of the summer in Mallorca!

10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Never thought I’d start to believe he is actively sabotaging the team but: never in the points, the crash right in front of Leclerc’s Q2 fast lap and the dark shadow of the Strolls hanging over him...

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    LOL

12. DF1

:)

13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Not to mention the wreck that toastified several other drivers Q2 chances.

14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    100% consider this Poster’s previous comments. Always conspiracy theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william likes this.
  15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Cute line. Did you wait for the right moment to throw that in?

PS: They have a great track there. I spent a day driving a F3 for practically no money. It was awesome. And hot.

17. DF1

Was inspired by Korr! :) Yes the circuit is visible from the motorway!

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Indeed it is. I lacked experience driving formula cars with real aero. So a day there in a F3 with real wings gave me a better feel for it and boosted confidence. Was a fun day, nobody else there but my coach.

19. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I find it truly sad that Sebastien, who was a truly exciting young talent with his four WDC titles, is in such dramatic decline before the eyes of the F1 racing public.

william likes this.
  20. DF1

21. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Rare indeed.

I should have picked this up right away. Our replies all dealt with vocations other than auto racing. Auto racing at age 32 or later? take the case of one Juan Manuel
    Fangio at age 32 and later: he was 39 when he came to Europe and started his Formula 1 career. Then all he did was win five world drivers championships for four different racing teams: 1951 Alfa Romeo, 1954 & 55 for Mercedes-Benz, 1956 for Ferrari (in a Ferrari modified Lancia D-50) and 1957 for Maserati (at age 46!)

In 51 F1 race starts Il Chueco had 29 poles, 23 fastest laps, 35 podiums and 24 wins. Not like Lewis in a world-dominant race car but in five different cars!

I will admit that this man was a freak. I actually watched him race a Ferrari 860 Monza in the 1956 12 Hours of Sebring just before I reported to Newport R I for Navy officer training.

I am also reminded that John Fitch drove a factory 300SL to a class win in the 1955 Mille Miglia when he was 38. A truly wonderful man, I could not call John a close friend but he was a close acquaintance --- attached taken at the Saratoga Automobile Museum
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NeuroBeaker, DF1 and 375+ like this.
  22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    John Fitch a true gentleman.

william and DF1 like this.
  23. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    the best

DF1 and 375+ like this.
  24. DF1

Wonderful post!! There are superb examples of excellent performances later. Many seem to “plateau” at some point in the career.

25. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/152615/vettel-regrets-ferrari-battles-not-worth-fighting

Sebastian Vettel admits he has failed by not winning a Formula 1 world championship for Ferrari and says there were "fights that maybe I shouldn't have picked" behind the scenes.

Vettel joined Ferrari in 2015 with the target of emulating his childhood hero Michael Schumacher and bring Maranello its first drivers world title since Kimi Raikkonen in 2007.

The four-time world champion finished runner-up in the championship in both 2017 and 2018 and scored 14 wins with Ferrari, but following a disappointing 18-month period Ferrari decided it would not renew Vettel's expiring contract after the 2020 season and decided to replace him with McLaren's Carlos Sainz Jr.

Vettel, who will replace Sergio Perez at Aston Martin Racing in 2021, stated he had no regrets about his five-year spell at Ferrari, but admitted his time at the Italian team was a failure.

"It is true that I have failed because I set myself the mission or the target to win the championship with Ferrari," Vettel said on the F1 podcast Beyond the Grid.

"I have failed. I didn't manage to do that."

The German didn't manage to thrive in the highly political environment at Maranello and concedes he could have done some things differently behind the scenes.

"There's things that I should have done better, things that maybe I should have seen earlier, fights that maybe I shouldn't have picked," he explained.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

"But, then again, I think everything that happened brought me to where I am now.

"If I'm fair and harsh then I have failed. Were there reasons? Probably yes, but I don't accept them as excuses. So, whatever happened also put me on the next step forward and next level.

"Maybe [the fights] weren't worth fighting, but then again part of it is probably my nature.

"And I think I had a point as well in some of these little fights and battles. But I think ultimately that's how you mature and how you learn. I'm happy to move on."

Vettel is looking forward to his fresh start at Aston Martin, the new identity of the current Racing Point outfit, working with what will be a much smaller team than Ferrari.