Vettel to Aston Martin F1 2021 | FerrariChat

Vettel to Aston Martin F1 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #1 jgonzalesm6, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020

Sebastian Vettel: “I am pleased to finally share this exciting news about my future. I’m extremely proud to say that I will become an Aston Martin driver in 2021."

"It’s a new adventure for me with a truly legendary car company. I have been impressed with the results the team has achieved this year and I believe the future looks even brighter."

"The energy and commitment of Lawrence [Stroll] to the sport is inspiring and I believe we can build something very special together."

"I still have so much love for Formula 1 and my only motivation is to race at the front of the grid. To do so with Aston Martin will be a huge privilege.”

Vettel confirmed at Aston Martin for 2021 F1 season

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/151998/vettel-confirmed-at-aston-martin-for-2021-f1-season

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Igor Ound likes this.
  2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Good that he’ll still be around

rmani and Bas like this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Let's see how he performs without the pressure of the Scuderia on his back.

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He'll get stomped by Stroll.

5. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Well, Stroll ain't no Leclerc and currently Leclerc is stomping Vettel in a crappy car.

I'm gonna reserve my predictions on Seb at Aston F1 versus Stroll.

375+ likes this.
  6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    All Lance needs to do to beat Vettel is to drive clean. Vettel will keep being Vettel and spinning out and driving with his eyes closed every race.

rob.kruiswijk, Robb and tifosi12 like this.
  7. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I love how people pontificate how bad this or that driver is. There’s not a single driver in F1 who’s not only a top notch athlete but also one of the best drivers in the world. But sure... Seb is a ****tiest driver on the grid. Cue eye roll for stupidity.

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Granted, but among that lot some are better than others, and there is nothing wrong pointing it out when it's deserved..

People who follow a sport always comment about its participants; it's separating the wheat from the chaff. ;)

9. Cyt

Cyt F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2014
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cyt- Chin
    At least he has the gut to take on the challenge of trying to make Ferrari into winning the championship. One can always stay on their comfort zone and keep getting hollow wins...

Senna1994 likes this.
  10. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    The funny thing is that if he doesn't completely dominate Stroll people will call him and old, washed up *****. If he does dominate Stroll he could be instantly washed up by Papa Stroll. Either way we have a story.

Wikdstrate likes this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Well, Perez dominated Stroll in 2019 and Papa Stroll did'nt "intervene" in the rebranded Racing Point.

Senna1994 likes this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Although i feel bad for Perez, this will be entertaining to watch. Vettel's deal is better than Sainz

13. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I think Seb is on the team for 2 reasons: name recognition, and as a coach to Lance.

14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The chessmaster $troll at work. It will be interesting to see where Toto ends up in the mix?

15. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think you’re partly right. However, If he does dominate it’ll be more like “Big deal... Stroll sucks! The tire changer could beat him.”

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    there's no possible coaching to that miserable roach..he's useless...

Nortonious likes this.
  17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I like this a lot. Will be interesting to see how Lance compares to Seb.

Seb's problem with today's finnicky cars won't go away next year, so he might continue doing his pirouettes. Meanwhile Lance is getting better and better each race.

greg328, Robb, Nuvolari and 1 other person like this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    People can say what they want but Stroll has stepped up his game this year

19. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I wonder if Papa Stroll has a Multi 21 clause written into Seb's contract.

20. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Red Bull should probably let Albon go at the end of the season & bring in Perez. This interchanging of Red Bull & AlphaTauri hasn't really done any of the 4 drivers favors; Max doesn't have a wing man to help & Albon, Gasly, and Kyvat just get put under major pressure to finish alongside Max or get kicked back down.

With Perez being an outsider, he's not going to care about any of Red Bull's in-house program. Gasly needs to stay with AT until he can move elsewhere & Kyvat isn't going to be any better than Albon.

21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    His podium at Monza was a gift.

John_K_348 and Bas like this.
  22. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Autosport description under its topline article lol - Build a team around Seb???

After heavy speculation linked Sebastian Vettel with a move to Aston Martin for 2021, the four-time champion has now signed a deal with the team. With a tantalising project ahead, Vettel has the perfect arena to build a team around him

23. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Well, when it comes to "engineering" and technicallity on an F1 car, Seb the man over Lance Stroll in that regards.

Igor Ound, Bas and Nortonious like this.
  24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Peapa Stroll has been tampering with Perez car so it would seem like the diference between him and Lancelot was not the size of the moon, to try and not cause a scandal when he fired Checo and kep the uselss brat. The Pink Merc is a very good car, and if Checo's car wasn't messed up, he would show just how good it is. At Monza a half decent driver would have easily won it in lancelot's car...not in Checo's of course.

25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Seb is a smart guy, a huge talent and plenty of credentials, he doesn't need to take crap from anyone, he's got the prestige and money for the rest of his days...if he smells something fishy he will vent it out pretty quickly!"