Vettel or the prius driver... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Vettel or the prius driver...

Discussion in 'F1' started by garrobitto, Aug 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    How anyone can support the Scuderia at the moment is beyond me; who would back a general who keeps losing battles?

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    of course you can't

Picchu88, stavura and Bas like this.
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Alesi is the best example...

Bas likes this.
  4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Ah, dear Jean. Or "Jeannot", to us...blinded by the "red mist"...You know I'm never one to say that: "If only"', but in his case...
    To break a signed Williams contract, just to sign for Ferrari, precisely at the time that everything was going from bad to worse...

Rgds

Bas and william like this.
  5. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Memories of the old days, perhaps? of the "Old Man" and Luca, I suppose; or romantism, maybe; something that Mercedes is cruelly lacking of...
    But on the whole, yes: since the "new engine" era, what a waste of energy (not to speak about money...)

Rgds

william likes this.
  6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Not by his own doing..it was Franks's fault...and he probably ,lost a couple of championships because of it.

7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I don't think it was Frank's fault; unless my memory is playing tricks on me - and after all, this was almost THIRTY years ago, can you believe it?- it was Jean and his brother, who was his advisor, who took the initiative to break the Williams' deal, am I wrong?

As for what was lost, who knows...probably better results than Jean had with Ferrari; the rest is only speculation. You know the old french saying: "et si ma tante en avait, elle serait mon oncle" ("And if my Aunt got some, then she would be my Uncle")

Rgds

375+, william and jpalmito like this.
  8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes and no

9. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
    Vettel got a new chassis after Ferrari found "small fault" on the old one... I think he runs out excuses and the team too... all bet are at Barcelona.
    If Seb didn't deliver or the team crash again with tires change....

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Italian...after minute 6 -
    English..after minute 14 -

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    No need to speculate on what could have been, should have been, etc...it could have been, BUT it did not happen.
    That is, History did not want it to happen: it was not meant to be...

(By the way, I still do believe that it was Jean's brother who pushed him to deny his signature on the Williams contract..)

Oh, and without derailing the thread: how the situation regarding the Covid in Portugal, Pedro? You're allright?)

Rgds

375+ likes this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, thanks, things are relatively ok around here. In the north it's quite controled, the main problem is lisbon and surroundings. Also with vacation, imigrants and foreigners i'm afraid things might get worse.
    My main concern is that my daughter is unable to return to school in September. But the numbers are not so bad, no problems with the hospitals, but of course we are always a bit worried by it.
    Ans how is it over there? You guys had a hard time, Spain is gettin out of control again, but haven't heard anything from France, how are things going?

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  13. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Not very well, Pedro. It was "under control" between the middle of May and the middle of July, but since the middle of July the numbers are rising again, and it seems more and more probable that we will have a "second wave" in mid-october...

Rgds

14. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    But that's what being a tifosi or a fan (fanatic) in general means. Some of the biggest losing teams, and SF is not even close to being in that category, have the most rabid and loyal fans in sports. The Cleveland Browns and until relatively recently the Boston Red Sox have very loyal (not fair weather) fans that didn't abandon them because of decades long losing seasons.

paulchua and John_K_348 like this.
  15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 true fans have endured the fallow Ferrari years. I'm not going anywhere.

paulchua, stavura, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The only ones leaving are elton fans once he stops having a dominat car, because they won't be able to handle the truth of their hero being destroyed by the REAL best drivers.
    ps: i doubt they will see it, because he will run with his tail between his legs once it happens, same as mercedes.

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    If he was a real sportsman like he said many times he would have accepted the Verstappen challenge like Prost did with Senna in 1987.

Bas likes this.
  18. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Go Sox! (But don't cheat!)

19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    You mean like Schumacher on his return to F1?

tifosi12 and william like this.
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Sci-fi script

Hamilton team radio : " Bono please you have to do something !! Max is so quick ! "
    " sorry Lewis , Max is a Mercedes driver now"

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    lololo

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Sorry i keep forgeting to put you on ignore, you guys pop up everywere, it's hard to keep track!!!

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    At some point Hamilton will be over the hill and get beaten. Chances are he will be smart enough to retire before that.

And at that point he will be on top of every single F1 statistic and the GOAT. Likely forever.

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

When Hamilton will finally retire, real F1 fans will move on and appreciate the next successful racer of the new era, regardless of nationality, race, colour, hairstyle, lifestyle, residence, and tax status, whichever team he drives for.

As to Hamilton's chances of beating Schumacher's records, I hope he will.

25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    has i've told you and other several times, it doesn't matter crap how many times he wins, it's HOW he wins them, and so far i haven't seen anything exceptional from him. He's just lucky to be in an unbeatable car, that's all. He wa sbeaten by Rosberg and Button with the same machnery, and none of them are GOATS. What Eltoon is doing, could be done by many other drivers, some of them would have probably done it even better. He's titles can and will never be seen in the same way of those from famgio, Prost, Senna, Michael, Clarck, etc, etc, more, Crapilton does not have the same recognition from his peers that the real GOATS had, not even close. he is just a boring guy, with a boring driving stile, driving a much faster car than everyone else, that doesn't make him better or faster than the rest. To me he was a guy that was slower than Massa when they both were diving similar cars, when their cars were the best, they were both at the front fighting, when the cars were not the best, they kept fighting further back..one lucked into a dominat car, the other was hit by a sprung in the head...that's all.

Bas likes this.