Vettel and Hamilton 'collide' | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Vettel and Hamilton 'collide'

Discussion in 'F1' started by MalcQV, Jun 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Again, have you never watched a race restart before? You've never noticed that the race leader ALWAYS slows the pack down on the final safety car lap to create a gap to the safety car, then at some point will accelerate full throttle. EVERY TIME there is a safety car, this happens. The leader, be it Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel, Ricciardo, Verstappen, etc, will slow down on the last part of the lap.

So, what part of Hamilton slowing down consistently around Turn 15 on the last lap of a safety car period do you consider to be without reason? The reasons have been explained to you and the other Hamilton Haters, over and over, yet you don't seem to be able to understand them? Hamilton didn't actually brake excessively or hard, he was coasting out of that corner as Standard Operating Procedure to let the gap to the SC increase. STANDARD PROCEDURE for EVERY single restart, no matter who is leading, no matter which race track, Vettel included. The telemetry actually proved that, the Stewards ruled, other drivers like Ricciardo have stated that Hamilton did nothing wrong... it's ONLY the Hamilton Haters who are still ignoring reality and making totally false statements about excessive braking. Fact, there was no excessive braking.

Time for the Hamilton Haters to get over it, they're really looking silly with the complete ignoring of reality in making up their accusations. You'll probably accuse me of being a Hamilton fan, but that's never been true - I am able to respect his driving ability without being a fan. I'm pissed off that brain-fart Vettel threw away a chance for the race win by his own screwup, I want Ferrari to win the titles this year.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

One problem with that... the safety car still had it's lights on which means the race was not about to start. They were just going around in circles.

Everyone was trying to keep the brakes up to temp. I'm sure that's what Hamilton was trying to do but it appeared to be a brake check to Vettel.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Of course I don't agree.

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    #229 P.Singhof, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    You did read that we are not talking about the race anymore but about road traffic??? Cool down...and by the way I have seen a few and we know you would act different if it was not Lewis. ..So don' t try to teach others, it might come back to you sooner or later...

Bye the way I am not a Hamilton-hater but you start to make me a Hamilton-Fanboy-Hater. ..

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

5. Hold ‘er Newt, she’s headed for the barn....!!!!! :D

6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    +1

It's not unusual for the leader to send dummies to his followers either, pretending to go, but then holding his horses for them to slow down again, and then accelerate again.
    Some drivers do it several times to check their pursuers; it's common practice.
    The others are to be really aware; Vettel was caught sleeping.

The leader is the pacesetter. Period.

7. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    So, what part of that is NOT erratic ???

8. All of it. Again, it's standard procedure for a restart.

Not to do any of it would be erratic.

9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You obviously can not read a graph when you say it is consistently...
    1.) Stop calling others hater and disqualify them for their opinion
    2.) Don´t confuse reality (facts) and fiction. You think you "explained it to us" but we simply think you are wrong. You can repeat yourself 100 times this does not make it more reasonable
    Lewis did not "coast", he was braking...one might argue what is "excessively" but again if you would be able to read the graph there would be no doubt he was braking. It is not my fault that you can´t see that...
    1.) The telemetry proved that he braked (see above)
    2.) Fact is there was braking, that the stewards did not say it was "excessive" braking is not a notice of a fact but their opinion that was formed on their INTERPRETATION of facts..

If you still not see the difference I would recommend starting with looking up the word "facts" in an encyiclopedia ;)
    That is absolutely questionable who actually looks silly in this conversation....The one blindly following the stewards decision because he is obviously not able to read graphs on his own or the ones that question the decision....I might be biased on that but I do not think it is my side ;)

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    But the race was not about to restart so this is completely a MOOT POINT.

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    But it's normal procedure. All the drivers do it.

Swerving form side to side, quick bursts of acceleration followed by hard braking is what it takes to keep the tyres warm. It is by nature erratic!

On top of that, the leader must control the pack and initiate the restart when the safety car period ends.

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yeah it's normal behavior. But not in the way Hamilton did it!

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    erm ..i thought the lights were already off on the safety car ,signalling that it would be coming in on that lap ? in fact it was very close to going into the pits when all this happened.

14. I thought they were restarting too....I thought it was announced. 'Can't say I can swear to it. 'Don't matter anywho. This topic is well worn.

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  16. I certainly am. I'm doing two boring things....watchin' NASCAR and reading these wore out threads.... :)

17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #242 Ferrari 308 GTB, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    You are lucky mate i'm off to work in a couple of hours...ciao