Very Interesting Talk On Fluoridation | FerrariChat

Very Interesting Talk On Fluoridation

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Piper, Sep 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigDawg

BigDawg Rookie

Jul 18, 2012
    I've been reading up on how it builds in your pineal gland and this stuff is seriously freaking me out, like i'm assessing my mental state and how i'm thinking and imagining my mind being clogged up with fluoride, fuuuu

2. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I purchased one of those Propur gravity filters with the add'l filters that are supposed to be able to remove 95% of flouride. Very happy with it so far, even though sometimes flow rate is SLOW. One thing I've noticed is, that when I used to fill up my Nalgene in the morning with filtered water from the fridge, or a Brita, or even a Zerowater, if I didn't drink it all by 10am (hey, meetings sometimes...) I'd open it up and it would STINK. No longer happens with the Propur. Anecdotal, sure, but it makes me happy.

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Interesting. Is your Nalgene the plastic or metal?

Even though they use the "good" plastic I stopped using mine and bought the nalgene stainless steel bottle. I love it.

4. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    My home city, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, pop. about 1.1 million, added flouridation to the city water supply in the late 80s, following a referendum vote that passed in favour by about 50.1
    %. There were another two referendum votes over the next 20 years, and they ended up in favour of flouridation again by about the same margin.

Finally, 3 years ago another referendum called for the flouridation plants to be shut down and removed, and it passed by about 55% of the vote, so finally the flouridation is gone here.

Hand out free toothpaste to those who can't afford to buy it. Far cheaper than mass-medicating the entire city. Dosages are based on average water consumption - for someone who drinks 2x or 3x the deemed average, they were getting seriously overdosed!

5. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I have the BPA free plastic Nalgene, and I also have some stainless Sigg bottles. I'm thinking of moving toward glass for when I'm not hiking.