verdis ?? or is it just me | FerrariChat

verdis ?? or is it just me

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jameson, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Is it just my bad luck, or is anyone else unlucky, seems quite a few of repairs or maintenance that i had done at this garage, as gone wrong again within a couple of months, and some things that was told were done dont seem to been done at all, or been done to a poor standard, perhaps this is just my luck but would like to know if others have had this too!! as always been told on here that this place is bees knees!!!!!!!

2. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Ive found Karl,s work to be fine...and if not he seems eager to correct it.

Whats the Story?? Cos theres always 2 sides to a good 1??

3. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    yes i agree that always two sides to a story, but this is not just one thing but about 6 items that are all seperate, I just will never go back again, cos some of the issues have been dangerous too, but just wondered if others have experienced same. or as i say is it just bad luck.

4. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Umm.......Why not just call him and sort it out??? Its even more dangerous to drive if theres a fault present..

5. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    all faults now been rectified,(elsewhere) Hopefully,!! big dossier been compiled and being looked over.

6. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Karl has always been sound to me, and he has bent over backwards to keep me on the road. His mechanical knowledge is encylopaedic (I think I spelt that right) and I find his ability to identify a problem from the vaguest of information to be uncanny.

7. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

here here Stigmund

8. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    can you explain this stig it seems a bit weird

9. Jaz

Jaz Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    JAZ

What car do you own.? Can you also fill out your profile.

Jaz.

10. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    ......that does not warrant a response!

(so ignore this...erm....whatever!)

11. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    hey just noticed that to who are you mr jameson what car do you have

12. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    if you all think garage is ok, thats all i was asking, seems like some people on here want to make personal!! but thats ok if thats what you want. I did not say his knowledge was suspect, i agree its very good, but how much of the work does he do????
    after all i thought this was a forum for Ferraris but seems its a little different then that. more of a personal agenda !

13. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Eh? You lost me there.....

14. Jaz

Jaz Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    JAZ

:confused:

15. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    Nothing personal is meant, but you have to be able to back up your allegations with more details, otherwise it appears you may be bad mouthing someone for less than honourable reasons.

I suggest you post a bit more information about your issues with Verdi's and then you will get are more considered response.

Please note that I am totally unbiased as I have had no dealings with Mr Verdi whatsoever

16. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #16 360CS, Mar 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I thought you asked WHAT WE THOUGHT? Experiences etc...and you have them ... Whats wrong you appear to be irritated by peoples responses.

He hasnt paid me for the last time i said "HE WAS GOOD" ...lol

I also think that Foskers, Rosso Corsa, Kent High Performance, are good Companies as ive not seen any BAD WORK that they have carried out ...

But there again this isnt the place to air "DIRTY WASHING" as there is aways TWO SIDES of the Story as ive alreadt said.

J.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well i have ever been to the garage or know where it is have met karl once at donnington so he has not done me any good or bad but its easy for people to come on here with no name and say things about people and cause trouble or pull down there work or say they have not done this or that but it would be nice to know who you are then you can be taken seriously if not you could be another ferrari speciliast trying to pull him down

18. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Here, here, Joseph!

(Quid pro quo......) ;)

19. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

This is exactly what F-chat should be about, to take advice and debate contensious issues. However you are doing yourself no favours by not letting people know who you are. Hell, you could be Mr RL from Rosso Corsa in disguise.

Now, back to the mighty Liverpool (are you watching Izza)

20. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Mal,

What time you planning to be at the Woodman ? I may fire the car up for a run over and a SMALL pint...

21. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    ...easy, tiger!

22. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Hi Stu,

Pump fixed m8?? :)

23. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I have just returned from Verdis this evening. Really great bunch of guys, all very busy and very commited to doing the best for the customer.

I'm very pleased with their work and will continue to use them in the future.

24. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I will start be declaring Karl Verdi is a friend .
    If you have a legitimate complaint about his work, phone him up tell him the prob and ask that they be sorted out.Your profile isn't filed out & we don't know what car you have to check that Karl's even seen it .
    Have the balls to tell us who you are before rubbishing someone's reputation.

25. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Agree you need to give yourself some credibility before anybody can really take you seriously. Shouldn't any issues with the garage be sorted out with them, as it's really pointless what we think, if you have a problem, then you have a problem, what we think isn't going to resolve it :confused:

For the record I have found Verdi's work to be excellent, they are the best independent dealer I have dealt with to date.