Verde Scuro 206 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Verde Scuro 206

Discussion in '206/246' started by Bluebottle, Nov 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The wood steering wheel would look attractive but is a larger diameter so driving style would have to be modified to factor in the extra effort. Corbani and myself went to the Momo Prototipo found on later Dino GT4s for the slightly smaller diameter and thicker grip as a much better steering wheel for driving.

2. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    I think I saw this car last Friday. As it is currently in Holland. The one I saw had, amongst other jobs done, a recent respray. Was in a workshop awaiting engine detail work. It looks stunning!

3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Here you go:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173694340242?ul_noapp=true

4. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    John, thirty years ago with my friend Lyle Tanner, I was driving my 1967 365GTC speciale down to Bill DeCarr's shop south of Los Angeles for a complete cosmetic restoration. It was still in its original factory argento/nero although there was some orange-peeling of the paint . Lyle asked me what color I had in mind and I answered, I've always thought that the GTC would look gorgeous in a rich deep British Racing Green. Lyle said you're probably right and if you want to keep the car forever, go ahead and paint it green. But if you think you may sell it, the market treats green Ferraris like the plague. My alternative was a rich deep bordeaux. After discussion with Bill he said he'd mix up three alternatives, paint them on aluminum palettes and send them to me to choose. Before/afterresult below
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Do you still have it? I think BRG is absolutely stunning on a Ferrari.

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Maybe you should have painted it green, Seth - then you might still have it!;)

635CSI likes this.
  7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Please , enough with the re-sale red. I think the tables have turned and it puts of some buyers off classic Ferrari.
    Me, for example ;)

JG333SP likes this.
  8. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    I agree, no doubt

635CSI likes this.
  9. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    ROFLMAO! Sold in David Gooding's Pebble Auction almost a decade ago. My buyer sold it four years later at Bonham's Scottsdale Auction. The hammer price of my sale was at the highest price ever paid for a GTC, $345K (prior thereto he highest GTC price was around $275K). Bonham's estimates were $400k-$500K. Judith and I listened to the Bonham's bidding on line. When the bidding passed $400K I said to her, if it gets through $500K there is no telling where it may go, as it will mean that there are at least two bidders, perhaps more, who absolutely positively have to have the car. The ultimate buyer paid $885,000.! Here's the Bonhams auction text (forgive the length but I thought it might interest):

BONHAMS' 2013 SCOTTSDALE AUCTION

1967 Ferrari 365 GTC Speciale
    Chassis no. 10581
    Engine no. 10581

• 4,390cc, DOHC, 320hp V12
    • Five-speed manual transmission
    • Unique specification Ferrari
    • Ordered new by Leopoldo Pirelli, President of Pirelli SPA
    • First GT Ferrari to have 5-spoke, 15" mag-alloy wheels

Bonhams is very proud to offer this unique and special Ferrari from the Oldenburg Family Collection. The car was a personal order from Enzo Ferrari by Leopoldo Pirelli, the President of the legendary tire company, who took delivery in November 1967. With the distinct advantage of knowing 'Il Commendatore', and wishing to have a high performance automobile on which to test Cinturato tires, he was able to request that Enzo build him a 330 GTC to be fitted with the next iteration of powerplant and drivetrain soon to arrive in its successor, the 365GTC. To compensate for the additional power and to facilitate his testing, the car was to receive custom handmade 15 inch Campagnolo magnesium alloy wheels, being the first GT so delivered.

This specification is certainly unique and is fully documented on its factory build sheets, copies of which exist on file. Badged on its tail as a 330, but stated by its chassis plate as a 365, the car could be considered as prototype for this model, however it seems fairer for it to be described as a Speciale, being in keeping with the terminology the factory used for its one off hand built derivatives. More than the technical details though the reality it is the best of both worlds having the bigger engine, but retaining the purer lines of the original GTC.

10581 remained in Europe for the first ten years of its life before being sold to Chinetti in the late 1970s and then into the long term ownership of Seth Rosner of New York City in June 1978. On taking delivery, Mr Rosner recalled legendary Grand Prix driver Rene Dreyfus handing him the keys with the comment 'Monsieur, you have acquired a very special automobile.' He would keep the car for the next three decades. Over the course of Mr. Rosner's tenure, he elected to have it rebuilt mechanically by Nereo Iori a former NART racing mechanic in 1982 and six years later commissioned new paint by renowned painter Bill deCarr, changing its scheme to the current deep Red. In the same period Lyle Tanner Enterprises refurbished the interior upholstery in biscuit hide and renewed the carpets.

Exercised and shown regularly by Mr. Rosner the Speciale was exhibited at the Petersen Automotive Museum in 1997 for its 'Ferrari at 50' show, and at the Saratoga Automobile Museum