Vehicle Transport - DFW to Detroit | FerrariChat

Vehicle Transport - DFW to Detroit

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by 338Lapua, Feb 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Good evening -

I did some searching on the forums and found some recommendations for enclosed transportation for vehicles. The ones that seem to be the most recommended are:

- Passport
    - Plycar
    - Horseless Carriage

So my question is, has anyone recently shipped a car with any of these carriers? If so what was your experience?

Also, if there are other recommendations, please feel free to let me know who they might be.

BTW - Looking to purchase a 2008 F430 in the DFW area and ship it (enclosed) to Detroit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tony

2. Paul@slc

Paul@slc Karting

Mar 20, 2014
    we may be able to help- pm me,

3. BAK

BAK Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    Novi, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Reliable in Canton MI

4. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I wholeheartedly support Reliable as well.
    They are the company that transport all the show vehicles for GM, and I believe Chrysler & Ford as well.
    These guys are entrusted with one-off multimillion $$ cars, prototypes, etc.
    They always did an excellent job for us when it came time to get a vehicle across town or across there country. You see their orange trucks everywhere cars need to be transported.
    My $.02 at least.

5. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thanks to everyone for their replies. I talked to Reliable and the quote was competitive. I worked for a "company" that used Reliable extensively and for some reason I never thought of using them. Mental block I guess!!!

Thanks again.

6. DoubleG

DoubleG Rookie

Nov 14, 2010
    Motor City
    #6 DoubleG, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017