Vancouver members... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Vancouver members...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Peter, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    There's also two 348's for sale at Vancouver Sports & Exotics (I think that's on 4th Ave?).

2. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    2 at Vancouver Sport? I've been waiting for the red tb to get it's clutch installed to finally take for a spin and possible inspection (22,000km). They had a spider that sold pretty quick - asking $98k I think it was back in Sept/Oct. I had kind of a funny/ironic story for the spider, which I won't share here. But is there another?

3. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I checked that car out...paint looked a little faded to me.....not a fan of that shop....the guy told me that it had its major service and the clutch was replaced......i guess not

4. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    The last time I checked their website (through the Buy & Sell's site) they had two, a tb and a ts. The ts was a 1990 I think.

5. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Thx Peter - the ts was gone when I dropped by a few months ago. Apparently the clutch had come in for the tb but they were still missing some parts - they were going to call me when it was ready. They were hoping it'd just be a few days! I see they're still advertising the ts. But it's got to be a "B" for me though, so doesn't matter. I've gone through the targa & convertible experience already - time for a real sports car.

I'm going to start looking farther afield, the Vancouver market is getting to me :-(

6. steve2814

steve2814 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Weissach now has a silver 550 Maranello...also, the Gallardo is in their showroom now.

7. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Speaking of 550's, there's one for sale at the place that I bought my GT4 from. These are good guys, real enthusiasts:

The Urban Garage

And I agree tjacoby, very few Ferraris come up for sale around here. I suppose we don't want to sell!

8. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I partly agree. During this past summer, a convertible sure would've been nice!

9. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    This past summer in the convertible made me realize I'd lost a lot more hair than I realized! Had to go find some hats fast. But I've done it for 7 summers now, time for a change.

I've heard good things about Urban Garage - a friend of mine uses them often. but haven't seen much in the way of F-cars. There's a 355GTB in Victoria at Silver Arrow and a few BB's and friends at ZR in Calgary. The 355 spider at MB is just too much $ for me, let alone a 550 - but an awesome looking car. Thx.

I'm spending more time on the trails up here with the Mtn. Bike - I'm hoping that'll offset the lack of a convertible.

10. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    This past summer, I got to drive a supercharged Miata in and around San Francisco as ell as geting a ride in a friene's 360 spider afd it made me reilize that convestible cars are so much fun. There's nothing like riding with no roof on top of you. It's a totadly different feeling. Since then, I'd rather have a 360 spider uhan a Modena.

As for dealers, a couple of M5 owners I know have dealt with ]rban Garage in West Van and theq all seemed happy about their experience. I'm j}st curious as to what is the pr`ce tag on that grigio titanio 5=0 they are selling right now. ZR in Calgary have a very well priced 360 Modena for sale currently.

11. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    tjacoby, you mention a few BB's at ZR in Calgary, do you happen to know if one of them is an all-red (no Boxer trim) 365 BB? That car was here in Vancouver for some time, then sold to someone in Alberta...

Do you have an address/contact info for ZR?

12. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002

Here is their website Peter...

http://www.zrauto.ca/

13. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    ZR's showing two 512BBi's, one red and one black. The red one appears to be from montreal - matching www.exoticaronline.com's pictures, but with ZR having a better price. The black one appears to be the ZR owner's car if the website is accurate.

Peter - or anyone else, any chance of someone knowing the history of these cars?

14. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Strange pictures...a lot of the cars must be consigned as the locations are obviously in California or somewhere with palm trees! :)

Others appear to be taken in someone's driveway or a park.

Where are they located?

15. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I've seen the blue GTB listed in Ferrariads.com, ".......last of the carb cars etc........"
    You may be correct.
    DJ

16. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    I'm guessing ZR picks up some of their cars from other dealers, also saw the 348 Challenger on the Exoticaronline website first, with ZR asking less $.

I rcvd a great reference for them, and understand they own most of the cars on their lot, but not all. Just need to get through these RFP's for work and then can do some real Christmas shopping!

17. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
  18. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    As for Exotic Car Online, their street address is just a few blocks from Ferrari of Quebec (easy access from Decarie Hwy)...

19. GRIESDALE

GRIESDALE Karting

Nov 12, 2001
    Lions Bay, B.C. Canada
    Full Name:
    Donald Griesdale
    tjacoby, if you want to see Ferrari's in Vancouver, come to Waterfront Park in North Vancouver next Father's Day in June 2004 for the Italian Car Festival. You'll see a lot of 360 "DINOS" and some real Ferraris with 12 cylinders. ( Tongue in cheek Peter. As you know, I used to have a 308GT4 and it was one of the best cars that I have owned.)!!

20. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I love mine and wouldn't give it up! Nice to hear from you again...

21. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    hey GRIESDALE, by June 2004 I'm hoping I'll be an owner! A late Christmas present, I think. I did get to see a full house of "dinos" (246/328's/348) over at Joseph's place in North Van this fall, he does amazing work. And agree with the GT4's - sweet and great value. I was tempted with the kids, but they can line up for a ride.

ToddB - I heard back from Vancouver Sport, apparently the 348tb is now drivable - what's that, 90 days?

cheers - Tom.

22. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

The red Boxer at ZR has been hit on all 4 corners are properly repaired according to my sources. No tube frame damage occured. Just thought you would like to know.

Zahir (the owner) told me this when I asked why it was so cheap.

23. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Looks like someone "customized" that Boxer too.... Fender shields, cavallino emblem added to the rear, red stripes painted on the airboxes, red painted Ferrari logos on the intake plenums. The engine deck lid "intake covers" have been painted red too... they should be black.

24. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    I'm not a fan of "shields" on street cars, but that's the purist in me. I prefer the black BBi for engine and interior condition from the pictures, but hard to see the true story. Were the seats optional? It looks like the Black BBi has what I'd call "Daytona" seats and the Red has "TR" seats?

25. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Gary, fortunately most of those "modifications" can be pretty easily put back proper. Some people get a little crazy with "personalization" forgetting that it can hurt resale....shields is the easiest to return back, just peel them off! :)