Values of Mondial t cabs? | FerrariChat

Values of Mondial t cabs?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by roofguy, Sep 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roofguy

roofguy Karting

Dec 10, 2003
    Alamo, CA
    I was thinking of selling my 89t and maybe up grading to a 355 or maybe even a 360, but it's difficult to tell what Mondials are selling for.

I have looked on Trader-Online and E-Bay but it's so hard to tell how my car would compare.

So I'm looking for a little help, here is what I have:

1989t cab
    28,000+ miles
    30K service done in 05 by Brian Crall ($7,500+)
    Everything works no mechanical issues at all
    Has 360 wheels (also have stock rims)
    Tool kit
    Books

It's condition is what I would say is a good condition driver. The paint has been touched up in several areas by previous owners and there are some small rock chips in the front and other little chips here and there.

The top could use a new back window and a little cleaning on the inside.

Interior is complete and again everything works, but there is some wear on the driver's seat and a little sun fading in the carpet and one arm rest. (I normally only take the car out when I can keep the top down.)

The front lower air dam has a few nicks in it from low driveways.

I only have limited records for the car from previous owners, but have a complete list since I have owned it, almost 5 years.

Car Fax is clean, but like I said there has been some touch up painting done. Does not look like it has ever been hit hard, where there needed to be some body work done. All the touch up painting looked like it was done to address various dings and scratches.

It's not going to be a show winner, but it is a great car for everyday driving, something you could drive without any worries and leave parked at the mall or public parking garage. That's how I would describe this car.

Thanks for the help.

2. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    $39k is what you'll probably get for it. You can list for $42k, but expect to sell in the high $30s range.

3. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004

4. roofguy

roofguy Karting

Dec 10, 2003
    Alamo, CA
    Thanks guy for the insite.

5. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    best of luck...be sure and get it detailed and clean that rear window as best you can ( Plexus or Novus) a 355 or 360 would be a very nice step up. I would show the car with the top down first if you have conv. top issues.

6. roofguy

roofguy Karting

Dec 10, 2003
    Alamo, CA
    Thanks NYCFerrari, no there really are no functional issues with the top, just a back window that has a few scratches. Goes up and down fine, latchs work and even the "B" pilliar moldings are intact.

I have not heard of the products you recommended, can you get them anywhere?

7. Will

Will Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    I think you could get 40k for her...... Clean the inside of the back window first of course ;)

8. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    I had a friends 89 black on Tan with 7700 miles in perfect condition offer the car to me for 49k. I would imaging drivers with those miles at mid to high 30s max and high 20s to low 30s wholesale. JJ

9. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    they are from private airplane suppliers, should be able to find on internet...also great detailing tips here and also at autopia.com

10. roofguy

roofguy Karting

Dec 10, 2003
    Alamo, CA
    Thanks again guys.

11. jim rosenthal

jim rosenthal Karting

Sep 10, 2006
    Nice to see this thread, as I am wondering what mine is worth...FWIW, I think convertibles are worth more in the spring. I replaced my Mondial's top a few years ago, and went with a tan one instead of black. Car looks better, I think. I will try to find a photo to post.