Value on a 1993 512TR? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Value on a 1993 512TR?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by MITengineer, Sep 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    I am confused. In the first post you mention it is "an EU spec car", but in the last post you mention it is a "Japan spec car". Which is correct? I am based in Japan and know most of these cars, but have not seen or heard of this car on the market. Please make certain you know what you are getting. The dealers here are mostly very honest and very upfront, but if they are selling to someone overseas who would have no recourse, they might not be giving you the full story. I have seen many many cars sold overseas that were definitely NOT what was claimed or advertised. Please be certain you are working with a good dealer, and have the car vetted for condition. It sounds like a great project! I look forward to seeing the progress posted here as the car is restored.

Regards

2. MITengineer

MITengineer Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
    Hey Tokei-ski - its technically a Japan spec car. It was not advertised on market. I've received lots of documentation and undercarriage photos, etc so I feel quite comfortable on the project so far. I'm sure if will be more work than I estimate, but I'll be happier with the end result!

3. Clyde Romero

Clyde Romero Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero
  4. MITengineer

MITengineer Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
    I bought the car! Arrives in the UK on 11/24 and work will take 6 months to complete.

5. Clyde Romero

Clyde Romero Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero
    plan on a little more time than that my friend
    keep us informed
    good luck

Clyde