value of 365 gt4 2+2 ?? | FerrariChat

value of 365 gt4 2+2 ??

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by chevalcabre, Aug 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chevalcabre

chevalcabre Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    i am stricly posting this for the purpose of finding out what everyone thinks the car is worth on this market on the rise of older ferraris.

here is a description:

2 owners from new. both documented.
    both owners from geneva,switzerland.
    35000 kms certified .
    bought from world respected " carugati" by ourselves.he was selling it for the 2nd owner.
    every single delivery document in the owners pouch still present...down to the warranty pamphlet etc...
    tool kit,spare wheel present.
    grigio on black. new pirellis.wheels and knock off's fully refinished .
    suspension and engine bay in incredible original untouched condition.all cad plating still showing everywhere on the suspension.
    undercarriage stunning.
    some light checking on 2-3 areas...very hard to notice..but want to keep it original.
    really shows that low 35000 kms.
    interior is extremely nice.original leather..very supple.
    as muscle cars people say... true survivor.
    new correct exhaust system....

basically a very original,survivor,documented ferrari.

i was thinking the car worth north of 50k but i see conflicting reports..i am sure the cheaper ones are older cars needing much to make nice.... and there is no value to originality...but what does everyone see as real value in today's trend.
    again,please do not make this post into a commercial ad. the only purpose is to get insight on the car's value....considering the factors that make the car very rare and special due to originality and low kms.

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I realize it's confusing, but the proper place to ask that question is the 365GT4/400/412 forum.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Some have struggled to make $30k, but we all know prices 2 years ago are way out of wack compared to today's prices on anything vintage.

4. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    you are right,i am in the wrong section !

5. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    yes,i agree. but the 365 being the last v12 carb , and the fact that many were cut to use their guts on race cars and replica's of gto etc... makes the 512 cars built down to ?? maybe 400,250,300 ..i dont know.. but for sure not that many left...

i was hoping to hear in the 50's....i guess ,more people in the right section will see the post and respond...
    how do i move the whole post to the other section...?

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    They just aren't that attractive to anyone but the Bertone style fans. Which I think has gained ground recently as late models are coming out with sharper lines. The $20-30k prices over the past couple years represent their looks and that most weren't cared for that well. Older and crankier version of the 400.

7. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    made a huge error....

car was delivered to signor roberto soldati ....in 1975 though the milan,ITALY ferrari dealership called M.G CREPALDI S.A.S ..

JUST LOOKED AT THE WARRANTY CARD AND LOOKED AT THE 1ST OWNER'S NAME... THEN,LOOKED AT THE SWISS TITLE IN 2006....STILL THE SAME OWNER....! SO, IT IS A ONE OWNER CAR ! DOCUMENTED,WITH ALL PAPERWORK ....

THIS IS RARE AND NICE...I AM SO HAPPY FOR SOME REASON !

8. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    PINInFARINA DID THE CAR ! not bertone.... but it ooks like a bertone type of design..

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I never said Bertone did the design did I. Pininfariana did the 400/412 too.

Are you asking for information only or trying to sell it here?

10. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You must be thinking about buying the one on Ebay right now.
    Just say so.

11. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Steve,

The 400GT (same body style) also was V-12 carb. As far as I can tell, nice ones are bringing 30 - 35K however, considering your success with the 365 2+2, you might be on a roll and get 50K for it!

Good luck,

Art S.

12. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Ask $65k for it. The time has come for great ones to be worth real money.

Still cheaper, better looking and better handling than any mass produced muscle car.

13. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    I say if it's a good car don't be afraid to ask real money unless you need to move quickly. There are so many "not so good or average cars" for sale that they tend to water down owners expectations that own good cars. Look at the price differences between 512 BB's and BBI's.
    Rick

14. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    again, please so everything stays clear with the f chat regulations....
    the car is not being advertised for sale on fchat or ferrari ads. i own the car and am looking to know what the value of this car is.
    we acquired it in a package of cars. we had no plans of buying such a car or did we ever have any interest in this model of car. we simply had to take it with the package offered.

at this point, i am not sure what is the value of the car is. i think it is important for us to be aware of it's value so we are well aware where we stand with it.

i am not listing the car's ads location or implyin gin any way it is for sale....

a simple question only.. i described a car. please f-chat fellows, let me know what people here think it's value is....

thanks.

p.s rob, i thought reading your answer that it seemed you stated bertone had designed it...glad to know everyone knows it is a pininfarina !
    bertone does make cars of a square-ish look..... like the volvo 780 , and a few others....
    i personally dont think it is the prettiest ferrari... but like the gtc/4 or the daytona which i owned 2 in the past, they are also not great lookers....

the ferrari badge is what is pretty !

15. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    wow,i thought the 365 was the last carb v12 produced !

and 30-35 seems high for 400...... is a carb 400 worth more than a 400 i injected ?

is the market more interested in 400 carb or injected ?

in the 512 bb market which i know well, the i's bring much more money than the carbs ...just much more popular....

maybe the 5 speed in the 365/ 400/412 is what is a #1 ...? was there an automatic 365 gt4 2+2 ever made ?

16. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    A red 365GT4 2+2 was for sale down here for the longest time. Owner was asking 23, never got it and ended up selling it to a dealer for well under that price.

Obviously condition/location/color will play a part in the pricing, but if it were in the States (which it's not), I think it would be in the mid-20s to low 30s. However, it's not in the States, so I don't know what the DOT and EPA would have to say

17. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    for futur reference, e.p.a and d.o.t is exempt on ALL 25 years old cars..no matter is they are right hand drive or whatever...everything past 25 y.o is subject to duty of 2.71 % if it is an import...if usa built like a vintage vette, than, no duty !

23000$ !!! ouch.... must have been rough ...

I WAS RIGHT TO SAY THERE ARE CONFLICTING REPORTS as to value of these cars... one says 50's,60's, 30's.... it is all over the place.....

it is not like a 365 2+2 where u know that no matter what, a good car is 75-80 k ... a very nice car is 80-95 ... a superb car is 100- 136 !(now ... and maybe more )

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Not really, I believe it had the interior done and all the carbs/engine were spot on. Rodney and Marci Haas owned it, which many in the Ferrari community know. This was at least a year ago though.

Dealers only see things from one perspective when selling. :) If you were buying or taking the car on trade your tune would be much different.

19. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

No, it was a pretty nice car -- but nobody wanted that body style. The market for that car is either someone who WANTS that body (a rare person) or someone who just wants a cheap Horsie badge in the garage -- and mid to high 20s puts that car against the low-end 308, a much more attractive car.

20. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Steve,

I don't think anyone suggested that the cars are bringing $50 - $60k at the moment, however if you are willing to test the market with a listing in this area, considering current market trends, maybe the market will follow your lead.

Regarding the 365/400/412 market, I think the newer cars have a slight premium however, condition dominates.

Do you have any pictures of the car that you could post?

Regards,

Art S.

21. 1ST1MADE

1ST1MADE Karting

Apr 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Bill

This is an easy one for me. The 1st automatic Ferrari produced for the public, resides in my garage. It's a 400A, #19353. There were 355 produced from 76-79. In that same time there were only 147 GT's produced.

The real question is: What is my car worth?

22. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Earlier Quote "No, it was a pretty nice car -- but nobody wanted that body style. The market for that car is either someone who WANTS that body (a rare person) or someone who just wants a cheap Horsie badge in the garage -- and mid to high 20s puts that car against the low-end 308, a much more attractive car."

Maybe I am one of those people. What's wrong with a Ferrari less gold chain? There we go bashing again...That is one heck of a road car...drive hard all day...comfortably roomy and dependable a true Grand Touring carbureted V-12 Ferrari. And maybe I will learn the quote function in the future

23. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Who's bashing? I'm simply stating the facts -- nobody locally wanted the car, even at a bargain price. The owner was able to sell a Maserati Indy more easily than the 365.

24. chevalcabre

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    fact is that 4 years ago,i paid 25000$ for a pretty nice 365 2+2 ...last year,i paid 50000$ for another one that was also pretty nice... this year,i paid 80000$ for the last one...

i am paying more as the cars get more expensive because this is where the market is heading.... one cannot say: i paid 25000, i need to buy it for the same price now or else i will pass.....

same with the 400 or 365 gt4....i guess. as the market evolves, these cars evolve also..

the 308 market moved upwards ... older gtb,gts's, carb or injected are all bringing at least mid 20's for decent cars.. low 30's for good cars.. this about... 28000$ for a nice,serviced 308 1982 gts.... red / tan ! the avg. ferrari dreamer or newcomer will have a incredible looking car for little money with zero chances or losing any value in the next 2-3-4-5 years...

same with the 365 ...i think that every v12 motor built by ferrrai that has a carb siting on top cannot be worth 20k or 30k... just doenst make sense... the entry level ferrari for a newcomer or v12 ferrari dreamer will always be
    400 / or if he has a little more budget will head for a more expensive 400 gt 5 speed.. then if he has a little more $$ will go for a 365 gt4...

it seems this is the cheapest v12 entry level car that is still in the vintage knock off wheels,carbs, sound,power..a bit of everything... for 30-40-50 maybe for a superb car....

maybe mid 30's-high 30's can be a realistic figure... for that car..

when i say car must be rough it it was around the 20k mark....
    400's are doing mid 20's to high 20's and even low 30's if very nice.... a 365 should command more $$ since it is a more desirable year and model...

there are no super deals on the market of ferraris. nice cars sell,bring more $.
    if it is mint and at 20k, it should have sold in 24 hrs.

basically like a 330 gtc for 100000$....if i hear of one, i am there at 6 am ! same goes of a very nice 365 gt4 at 18k....seems awfully cheap ,even for last year's market...
    it is still a ferrari with a v12,knock off's, lots of car....

good thing i did not accept the 400 i auto,blue on blue ! told he seller i had enough with one of that body style ! from the response of this thread,i realise i did good.... wont get hurt with this 365...

25. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Believe what you want. IMO, the GT4 2+2 simply isn't comparable to the earlier cars. The earlier machines are curvy and chrome, true design and beauty. The GT4/400/412 is very obviously a product of the 70s. No classic, just a used car.

You're hard selling to get a nibble, but tell me this -- if a guy showed up with a GT4 2+2 to trade it in on a 550, what would you give?