Utah Spotters Thread | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Utah Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by dysko, May 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yes... it is a Pinto with about 2000 miles on it and the original delivery stickers and such still in the window.

2. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Yep it's a fully restored Pinto, the car he was first driving when he got into the business.

Wish I could've made it but I had to drive from Logan to Salt Lake that day. I saw the convoy on the other side of the freeway on my way down and back up.

3. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    great pictures! who is the owner of that collection? 288, enzo, f40, f50, continental gt, dino, pinto. (one of these things is not like the other :))

4. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Wrong Pinto... although that would make a neat story though.

No restoration was done on this car. It is all original. He bought it about 5-6 years ago and replaced the seals and such to get it running order. It had sat in a grage for years without being driven before it was purchsed bu the current owner.

From what I understand he doesn't really like to advertise the collection that much so he will remain unnamed.

5. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Sorry didn't mean to sound like it was THE Pinto he was driving when he first got into the business that he later had restored. But like Dysko said it is a Pinto he found later on with low miles. A manager who works for him told me he had it restored, but maybe he meant it was already in basically new condition. And according to this manager all the palm trees are there because he's originally from California.

Thanks for the great photos.

6. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Several days later I'm still stunned at that car collection...absolutely amazing. Who would have thought you'd find something like that in Utah. It made driving my Ferrari in the rain and snow worth it.

7. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
  8. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Red 348 Spider heading West on 94th South and 13th East this evening.

9. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    Two days ago, I saw a red 360 Spider on 300 South and West Temple. I was in a red Lancia going the other way. You gave me a "what the hell kind of car is that?" look.

This morning, a yellow 430 coupe. You pulled up behind me on 11th Avenue and I ended up next to you at a light on Main. I pointed to the Italian Motor Club of Utah logo, I was in a white Toyota with all sorts of Italian Motor Club/Alfa Romeo stuff on it.

10. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Blue 360 Spider in the Jamestown office complex in provo

11. JeffC

JeffC Karting

Apr 20, 2005
    Sandy, UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff C.
  12. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    Flower shop parking lot at 2495 Fort Union Blvd.. And yes, it was in the rain; Washington state plates. How many miles I wonder?

13. W84ME

W84ME Karting

May 10, 2006
  14. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    I've seen one with white and blue at Market Street Grill and heading east towards the canyons on Fort Union. It had a wing on the back as well but no front air dam mod I could see.

15. bonzo

bonzo Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Qld
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yes, exactly. They were both at the Sunchaser Grand Am race at MMP, one on the track, the other in the paddock. I've got pics I'll try to get up sometime.

16. Cavallinojohnny

Aug 5, 2006
    Layton, Utah
    Full Name:
    MustangJohnny
    Thursday October 12th, 10:15 am, Northbound I15 Centerville, Silver F360 Spider....ya-meeeee
    Johnny

17. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Black/Black/Black 550 Barchetta on 800 north in orem today right after I finished talking to the previous owner. It looks meaner now with the black wheels

18. W84ME

W84ME Karting

May 10, 2006
    Is that R.L.'s old car?

19. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
  20. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Saw a Lambo Diablo VT near Steve Harris today... it had Nevada plates.

I also saw a Titamium 360 at about 21st south.

21. W84ME

W84ME Karting

May 10, 2006
    Any update on Mr Losee's condition? Has he recovered? Has he found a replacement for the MM Enzo? Is it going to be rebuilt?

22. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    He is back to being busy but is still wearing a neck brace. He said that he had plenty of tests done last week but that he still gets nauseous when he looks up. As for a replacement, something is coming I will let you know as soon as it gets here. As for rebuilding the Enzo I have heard rumors but nothing from Richard.

23. bonzo

bonzo Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Qld
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #148 bonzo, Nov 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    Red 430 Spider yesterday on Foothill.

25. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Good to see some Ferraris out in the cold:
    red 430 (maybe a 360, it was far away) on main street in Logan. And last week a silver 612 parked in the Albertson's parking lot with new temp plates on it, somebody got an early Christmas present.