Utah Spotters Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Utah Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by dysko, May 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Black 430 just wizzed past my house in Bountiful.

2. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    Heading south on I-15 from I-215 to 9000 South exit, then I had to get off the road. Utah plates.

3. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just saw a Champaign colored Lambo Countach headed south at 500 North Beck Street. They turned up the hill toward the capital shortly after I passed them.

4. Cavallinojohnny

Aug 5, 2006
    Layton, Utah
    Full Name:
    MustangJohnny
    Paul,
    Was that you that had the 308 website a while ago? I sure miss that, Is it coming back? I would love to spot that again...always a good place for a 308 junkie to hang out!
    Johnny

5. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yep... Unfortunatley, it's currently in 'limbo'. With changes in my time (and server resource contraints) I took it offline. A while back I tried to give the domain to away to another 308 person, but that fell thru. I recently talked to someone about taking over the domain, but I don't know if that will go thru either. I would like to give it a good home with a 308 person who will do something to 'honor' the car.

6. Cavallinojohnny

Aug 5, 2006
    Layton, Utah
    Full Name:
    MustangJohnny
    PM me some more info and details on that...I would be interested just to know whats involved
    Johnny

7. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    Speaking of 308s, I talked to a guy at Miller Motorsports Park today with a 308. Did anybody else see it?

8. Eric308

Eric308 Rookie

Dec 26, 2005
    Provo, Utah
    This past week I saw the Utah fast pass group go by the Smiths at Saratoga Springs. There was a red viper leading followed by the red F50, and it's funny that I cant remember what it was that followed the F50. Oh well, the F50 was fun to see.

Also, a buddy of mine just got a black '04 Mercialago, it's nice too.

9. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    I saw a Quattroporte on South Temple yesterday morning.

10. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    I talked to a nice guy with a 1972 (or 1973, I can't remember) Dino 246GTS at a gas station on South Temple today.

11. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Saw a nice looking F430 Coupe traveling East on 94th South just west of Highlind Drive in Sandy this morning.

12. W84ME

W84ME Karting

May 10, 2006
    Yellow 355 with black wheels in Provo.

13. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Black 550 Barchetta with the new owner
    Red F430 in the same office complex
    Gunmetal 456
    Grigio Ingrid 456
    288 GTO
    Maroon 308
    F40 at the Utah Grand Prix

14. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Saw a red/tan 308 GTS QV headed north on I-15 on Saturday afternoon, Utah plates ending in VFV (I think). Top was off, and driver was a dark-haired dude wearing sunglasses. I kicked myself for driving the Hummer instead of my 328 GTS. Your car looks great, dude!

Does anyone around here organize local drives? I keep a Ferrari at my vacation house down here, and drove it up Provo canyon for the first time yesterday. Those canyons were MADE for Ferraris!

15. W84ME

W84ME Karting

May 10, 2006
    I think that the Ferrari club of Utah does. Did you drive the Alpine loop? Turn off Provo canyon and head to Sundance and keep going. This will eventually drop you into American Fork canyon. Pretty good drive, but stay away from holiday weekends. (Any weekend now is getting pretty crowded). You can also do the Nebo loop if you take I-15 south to Pason and follow the loop over the top to Nephi.

16. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    We (the Italian Motor Club of Utah) organise drives as well. I think I'm going to organise one more drive this September and that will be it for the year.

17. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Steve,
    The next local owners club drive will be on Aug 26 (Tabiona/Wolfcreek Pass in the Uintas). We'd love to have you come along (all local Ferrari owners are always welcome to join us regardless of club membership). The drive departs from Steve Harris imports at 10AM.

FYI - There are some photos of this route from previous years over in the club's gallery section http://www.utahfoc.com.

18. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    I talked to a guy with a 2006 Maserati Quattroporte earlier today on 1300 East.

19. 12:03

12:03 Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    South Jordan, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Steve, may I suggest Fairview Canyon. Take 15 south to hwy 6, a few miles in go south on hwy 89 to the town of Fairview. Left at the Chevron and up the canyon to the best road you've never driven. This is about 35 mins south of provo.

Here are some pics from a previous drive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Argh. I love the Byzanz Metallic or whatever it is called on the E36 M3's!! Nice choice.

Byzanz + M3 Sedan = One of the best rides ever.

21. 12:03

12:03 Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    South Jordan, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ben
    thanks andrew, I had that car for quite a while, but it is long gone in favor of newer white M3 coupe. Those pics are from october of 2004

22. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I saw an Orange Elise at the Real Salt Lake v. Real Madrid soccer match.

23. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Multiple spottings of a Yellow Murcielago roadster on University ave and Canyon road here in provo. I think it lives up by Osmond Lane.

24. Skiutah

Skiutah Karting

Jan 31, 2006
    Park City / DC
    Full Name:
    Matthew Ainsley
    Silver F430 with the Utah Fast Pass sticker still on its side in Park City.

25. psychokiller

psychokiller Rookie

Jul 26, 2004
    If anybody is up for organizing drives, PLEASE create a new thread or start a new Web site. I have been trying to get a UT sports car dealio going for a while.

I know several Corvette dudes, a few Ferrari dudes, at least one Audi TT dude and a Mercedes SL 55AMG who would be interested in a multi-marque enthusiast cruise once-a-month. In fact, we've had the Ferrari TR, my Vette and a Mercedes SL55 AMG up a couple of canyons on Saturday mornings in the past couple of months.

The first Saturday of the month might be a good date, and I'll suggest Eastwood Elementary (off 33rd and Wasatch) as the meeting point. The next date would be September 2 at 10:30AM. If there's an interest, let's meet there an head up to Stein Erickson Lodge! Spread the word among the car clubs and we'll start a monthly tradition!!!