Utah Spotters Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Utah Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by dysko, May 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DaveJ13

DaveJ13 Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    I have two questions-

1. How good is ferrari spotting in Park City/Deer Valley?

2. Why does Salt Lake lack ferrari's? The place is littered with porsches. I know there is money for the ferrari's, but there aren't as many as I would think. Or maybe there are a lot and I've never seen them.

2. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    1. I've heard Park City is pretty good but I can't speak from experience. I've been to Park City about five times in my 6 years of living in Utah. Once, I got lost and ended up in Heber. That's another story for another time though.. I plan on making several trips there in July, so I'll let you know if I see anything good.

2. They're around, you just need to know where to look. A lot of it is being at the right place at the right time too.

3. DaveJ13

DaveJ13 Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    105Alfa,

I was driving to Heber last year and saw a 575 on the freeway, next to Deer Valley. Where would you look in SLC besides Steve Harris Imports? Gateway? I am from Logan, so I am not sure where they lurk. Thanks

4. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    I haven't seen that many interesting cars at Gateway.. a Maserati Gransport and an Alfa 164. Then again, I'm not down there too much, so I don't know.

Steve Harris is really the best place to see them. That or the area around Steve Harris. I'm in that area every day (for non-car related reasons, usually) and every now and then, I'll see a Ferrari get off the freeway, heading to Steve Harris probably. Other then that, I'm not quite sure.

The thing about looking for Ferraris is that, like I said, it's about being at the right place at the right time. I saw a black 575M on State Street a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure that if I sat at that intersection and waited for it, it wouldn't drive past again. In early May, I saw a yellow 430 Coupe driving down B Street. I saw a red 308 on 12,xxx South in Draper. Once again, if I sat at those intersections and waited, I'm pretty damn sure that the cars wouldn't drive past. It's not like Fiats and Alfas where you can drive around and find abandoned ones (which happens a lot more than most people think), it's really just luck, unless you know people with them. A friend of mine north of here owns two older Ferraris, I know where to see those whenever.

I can send you some pictures I've taken of Ferraris I've seen if you want. Send me a PM. I never go out specifically to look for Ferraris, but I do drive around quite a bit so I see them every now and then. It's not a regular thing or anything.

5. Skiutah

Skiutah Karting

Jan 31, 2006
    Park City / DC
    Full Name:
    Matthew Ainsley
    A red enzo passed me on I-80 in the Canyon at around noon. Sounded beautiful. It was haulin' at around 110, so I could not keep up in my 'slow' car.

6. W84ME

W84ME Karting

May 10, 2006
    A few reasons I think.

Utah's car culture isn't the same as it is in other areas. Not as many people are into cars as there are in say, California. Lots of people with the means to buy a 3x8 car have the money/time/interest tied up in RVs/campers/boats/off road vehicles.

Crappy weather for 4 - 5 months a year. Most people don't like to driver their exotics when there is snow/salt on the road. (Although I did see the MM Enzo driving over the point of the mountain when there was a couple inches of snow on the side of the road.)

7. DaveJ13

DaveJ13 Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    An orange colored lotus elise driving down 14th North in Logan,

8. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Red 360 in Salt Lake, not sure what road I was on, but it was a few blocks east of Temple Square.

And today I saw a black 996 C4S at the Autospa in Logan. That's a pretty good place to spot cars because they tend to put the nicer cars out front.

9. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    First a Rosso Bologna Maserati Spyder top up, heading north from Wasatch Blvd. onto 6200 South then a Quattroporte in Black license CORSAGT heading south on Wasatch Blvd. at 3:30 pm, within 30 seconds of each other.

Also a Silverstone Gray 612 Scaglietti w/fender badges heading west on 10600 South at 2000 East at 5:00pm. Driver on Bluetooth headset.

Plus, a Bordeaux QP on I-215 heading west, from 6200 South to 2000 East at 10am.

I drive for a living, so I notice a lot.

Mostly you'll find such cars in the southeast end of the valley, along Wasatch Boulevard.

10. Skiutah

Skiutah Karting

Jan 31, 2006
    Park City / DC
    Full Name:
    Matthew Ainsley
    The Black Enzo, 133927, was out and about yesterday in Park City. My friend got to ride in it.

About 10 seconds after I saw it, a black superamerica passed me. :)

Lots of nice cars out yesterday.

11. evobeatssti

evobeatssti Rookie

Jun 4, 2006
    I know the guy in park city with the black enzo personally and just on saturday he gave me a ride from park city out to coalville then out to kamas. its a pretty amazing car.

12. evobeatssti

evobeatssti Rookie

Jun 4, 2006
    hey mat its riley i see you were talken about me

13. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    kind of a tan colored 360 on I-15, it took an exit somewhere around Centerville. Interesting color that I haven't seen before on a Modena

14. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Saturday at about 7pm a Rossa 430 coupe on the south end ramp from 215 to I-15. I thought they were flatbedding it... stopped to see if they needed me to call and see if someone could meet them at the dealership, but it turns out it was just AAA bringing them some gas. They had run out.

15. DaveJ13

DaveJ13 Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    I noticed Steve Harris Imports has sold a lot of cars the past week. Are these cars we will see driving around locally? Or are they going to other locale's? I still don't understand how it all works with the regionality.

16. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave

Appropriate new thread can be found here... http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135844144#post135844144

17. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I saw a blue Testarossa at Discount Tire in Sandy today.

18. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Was it yours? I know of 1 and the person who owns it is also named Paul (and he lives in Sandy).

19. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul
    :) Yep, it was mine. I am trying to do my part and get my Ferrari on the road so that it can be 'spotted'.

In addition to mine, I have seen a number of Ferraris within the last couple of weeks--silver Maranello and a red 360 Spider on Wasatch BLVD near Little Cottonwood Canyon, and a Red 355 and a black 328 GTS on 90th South near I-15.

20. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave

Ah... that is good to hear that you are back on the road.

21. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    #46 yoda, Jun 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yep, that would be mine, thanks for the pic! (just looking at the photo...we sure didn't do a good job of parking between the lines that night)

23. DaveJ13

DaveJ13 Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Pretty good Sunday afternoon in Logan-

1. Beautiful black porsche cayman S. I know it's just a porsche, but for Logan this is a big deal. It was going to down 4th North in Logan.

2. Then again, I saw an Aston Martin Vanquish S. It is owned by a prominent former doctor now businessman. Aston Martin's don't look as fancy in picture, but are absolute amazing when you see them in real life. It was in the Lundstrom park area of Logan. (Besides cliffside, this is the best area to spot cars in Cache Valley)

24. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Saturday night... Maserati Gransport at the Gateway.

25. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Red 348 TS on 94th and State.