Used FF prospect - | FerrariChat

Used FF prospect -

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by GulfRacing, Mar 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GulfRacing

GulfRacing Rookie

Feb 23, 2020
    TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Hi All -

My first post, hope to get some expertise/feedback. Have been looking at a three owner '13 FF w/ 23K mi. at $119K. Spent last couple weeks doing homework on the PTU issues via threads and other sources. Emailed the dealership asking if there were any variables in this car relative to (what seems generous) pricing - never got a reply (maybe hit a hot button).
    Thought I would share just the Carfax link. Looks like the unit has been for sale since 6/19. Who knows what lurks w/o a PPI. Car looks fab in all other respects. Any input/opinions from reviewing the Carfax are much appreciated.
    https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=AMG_0&vin=ZFF73SKA1D0189739&source=BUP

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    A Carfax is nice, but I wouldn't rely on it. You need a professional PPi done.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Don't email them, call them and ask your questions. Then, if you want to pursue the car, do not ask Gulf Coast where to get a PPI. Go to the Florida FChat section and ask for advice about the dealer, the car, and where to get a PPI done. You might get some good info from the Florida guys here.

Caeruleus11 and Fast Poke like this.
  4. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    I just bought a 2015 4 owner 23kmi FF in Nov 19. First of all I have to say it is a great car. I would 100% pay the local ferrari dealer to do an inspection and see if you can get the powertrain warranty on it. My PTU died at the end of Dec 19 so I was very glad I had that warranty.

The 2013 you listed doesn't seem to have too many options, I would call them and get the option list. Also keep in mind that if you get a car from a Ferrari dealership they basically give you 2 years of warranty for less then the cost of an inspection + 1 year of warranty. If you like the colors and don't need the pano roof (which the 13 doesn't have) maybe take a look at this? https://www.ferrarili.com/featured-vehicles/2012-ferrari-ff-c-12905/ starting at $132.5k with the warranty already. (They have 4 FF's in stock and might want to get one sold...)

Also note that Gulf Coast adds a $800 "doc" fee - make sure any negotiations with them are a final out the door price with all fees included. Make sure to check the buttons and surround of the HVAC controls - they tend to get sticky and need to be replaced/refinished.

Either way - I recommend getting the inspection/power train warranty from a Ferrari dealer.

ScottS likes this.
  5. GulfRacing

GulfRacing Rookie

Feb 23, 2020
    TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #5 GulfRacing, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    D - Am assuming to get the PTW the PPI has to be done by an AD ? Getting a PPI near the seller (no AD's in SW FL) is of no value if needing the PTW.
    Adding in flatbed trsp.to TX + getting car to/from AD for PPI/cost + PTW - might make this an untenable proposition for this unit because of it's distance from nearest AD. Will keep the wick burning. And yes I love the colors (perfect) and lesser options are fine. PT is most relevant.

6. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Yes the inspection has to be done by an Authorized dealer. There are a few AD in SW Florida... in Tampa, Orlando, Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami.

7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Carfax not worthless but close to it.

I can tell you that the only regret I had with my FF was not buying it sooner.

There are a lot out there many with more options and lower miles.
    Many were amazingly loaded and excruciatingly expensive new.

Do you have a local dealer?
    My suggestion is go in and talk to your local dealer and see who has one that might be convinced to sell as these tend to be better cars than those on the corner lot. Don’t shop price point, shop the car and the prior owner. A lot of opinions here on that on miles and Owners. Look at classifieds here. See what kind of cars went up for sale here vs cars.com

A ppi is a must IMHO but won’t identify impending PTU failure so the NPW is a good idea for the first 12-24 months.

If you’re financing, AD have Ferrari financial with some creative options although don’t tell anyone here if you are financing

ScottS

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    def some room in that asking price. plenty of spots in SWF that can look at it. love the color.