Used F12 TDF prices? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Used F12 TDF prices?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MuratC, Feb 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The F12TDF is a much better car than the current Icona car in many ways but it does not have a full CF body so would not command same MSRP. I think the Icona cars are numbered LE cars with CF bodies intended to bump MSRP and sit at a higher range.

2. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    To me the tdf is a modern interpretation of the 250 gto ( some will say 250 tour de france) so in essence an icona except at the time the tdf was launched there were no icona series. These days a car like the tdf would most likely be part of their icona and cost way more than even the current market price

3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    It will be interesting to see how the 812VS will be priced - whether it will be a turn-around in pricing policy or a continuation of the recent trend, which has been to maximise the selling price at the expense of the buyer's opportunity to make a profit (btw, I do not think it to be unfair from Ferrari): comparing the 458 Speciale with the 488 Pista has clearly shown this trend, the Speciale retaining its value (and sometimes gaining some) and the Pista depreciating does not have much to do with the Speciale being a more loved car as last NA whatsoever, but objectively much more to do with the huge initial disrepancy in selling prices (to put some perspective, the 488 was introduced with a price increase of about 5% compared to the 488 but the Pista was introduced with a price increase of about 35% compared to the Speciale). A used Pista still sells for significantly more than a used Speciale, but for a Pista owner there is typically a loss whereas there is virtually none (or a very limited one) for a Speciale owner in spite of the car being older.
    I'd guess the 812VS will be priced higher than the current market value of a TdF (which is a lot more than the introduction price), which will limit its appreciation potential.

4. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    From what i heard the 812vs will be priced near £500k for the coupe and £50k or so more for the aperts, that’s before options so well specced coupe should cost about £600k+

5. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    So we are saying more than 35% increase compared to the launch price of TDF for a car which between coupe and aperta is less rare so on a relative basis a big increase in price if you account for scarcity

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    OTOH it's less (if not much) than the current market price of the TdF, so that's a shy pricing...

7. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I suspect it should be priced in the region of the current market prices of TDF which in the UK have come down a lot from the peak ( pricing a lot more attractive now), we will know soon maybe they will price it higher but that’s what i heard. I also heard 999 coupes and 499 apertas from a few sources but someone else has indicated strongly 800 and 400 which he heard from his dealer again we will see soon

8. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I respectfully disagree with the POV that TDF is an Icona. The current product strategy was approved under Sergio Marchionne, which Ferrari has been implementing over the past 5-6 years. I don't have proof but I personally think that the Icona was already in the works as a product line when TDF was put together. If the TDF was meant to be an Icona it would have become an Icona.
    TDF is what it was released to be, VS version of the F12, in the same way that 812 VS will be the VS version of 812 and not a pseudo Icona. 812 VS will also have some design cues of cars from the past but that will not make it an Icona.

9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
  10. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    And 599 GTO at 720K all included likely shows you a bit of a floor.

Eilig, mepassione and Bundy like this.
  12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Love the look.

rossodino and Pis7a2020 like this.