Urus or G63 | FerrariChat

Urus or G63

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by JJEply458, May 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JJEply458

JJEply458 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Eply
    Hi guys, I’m debating for my daily driver between the lambo urus and the G63.

I’m on the list for a MSRP G63 allocation and by the time I can get it, it will be about the time a urus build would come through. G63 appears to hold more value than the urus. I’ve driven the urus and love it. I like the g63 too but for its iconic look as opposed to handling. The value hold of the g63 appears to be better but not sure.

In any case any and all opinions on this is welcome. Thank you very much.

2. JJEply458

JJEply458 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Eply
    By G63 I mean Mercedes G63 AMG

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I have reviewed both. I preferred the G63.

4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    verde ithaca urus... please

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    frankly the urus is a fraud.
    it is an audi rsq8, with an extra $100k price increase....
    they even use the audi engine and just relabel it lambo.

sorry to be negative, but i think that car is a joke on the people who buy it.

the G63 is at least the real thing.

6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    nah, it's not that bad... lol

kissmyaxe likes this.
  7. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This just isn’t accurate. The Urus has 50hp more than the Audi. The entire engine management system for the Urus is Lambo developed and the throttle response is quicker on the Urus by a noticeable margin. The Urus is faster to 60 by a half second, faster to 120, faster 60-150, and a full second quicker in a quarter mile. The Audi also has higher shift points than the Lambo which means it’s not as aggressive in corners. The Audi also has a softer skid pad at .08 vs 1.01 in Lambo. The Urus also sounds better side by side, and where the Audi is slab sided the Lamborghini has flared out haunches and looks more aggressive. The difference from the RSQ8 and Urus is quite similar to the difference between a 430/Scud or 488/Pista when you look at the actual performance. In the same way the Scud or Pista arent just gussied up overpriced cars, the Urus isn’t a dressed up or overpriced RSQ8 either.

In terms of the OP question, we’ve had both the new G wagons and Urus as daily drivers. Either one makes a great DD, and I’d say which one is the better fit has more to do with what other cars you have that it’s meant to compliment.

8. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Both are becoming way too common here..:at least the urus can be had in an interesting color

9. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    I’ve driven a friends G63 and just couldn’t get comfortable in it. The seat would not go back far enough for me, which with a 32 inseam I wouldn’t have thought would be a problem. It’s a shame as I really wanted to love it, they’re great looking trucks! I did love the road view from the seat, it’s a proper old off road truck!

10. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I saw an Audi RSQ8 the other day and thought I saw a Lambo. Then a Lambo flew by and I thought what a cool Audi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW.SauberF1Team and Davesvt2000 like this.
  11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thanks for that explanation.
    i learned something.
    however, what it sounds like is that the performance differences are almost completely accounted for by a different ecu and computer - which i guess in theory you could duplicate in the audi if you cared to.
    the visual differences are subjective.

Bas likes this.
  12. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Unlove g63s but if you are looking for a sporty vehicle the urus beats the g wagon hands down.

Also if you need q comfortable back seat the urus beats it hands down.

The g wagon is wonderful but honestly lacks some tech believe it or not and is fun in a striaght line and that's it.

If you want the best jeep money can buy buy a g63.

If you want a sports car buy the urus.

The urus has been holding it's value incredibly well

13. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Urus looks way better, faster, Lambo vs Mercedes.

14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    kissmyaxe, anunakki, JAM1 and 3 others like this.
  15. JJEply458

JJEply458 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Eply
    Very nice. I love the urus, but my G63 allocation fortunately came through. One day..

16. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I just saw a Urus earlier this morning and first one I've seen in all black. It really does blend in and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like the Gwagens do regardless of color.

17. JJEply458

JJEply458 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Eply
    I guess that’s the question. Do you like the fact you get to enjoy performance without it standing out or would you like it to stand out a little more at that price point. I struggle with that in the urus, in that, it almost doesn’t pop enough at times, even to me as I look at it.

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You will enjoy the G especially if you aren't doing much highway driving. I tend to drove 75 to 80mph depending on the roads and it doesn't like it too much. 60mph to 70mph and you're good.

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    My first Urus was silver and it did just blend but my new one definitely sticks out a bit. You don't see matte blue too often if at all.

20. JJEply458

JJEply458 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Eply
    Did you get a second urus so you have 2? Or did you replace the prior one? Also what are your thoughts in terms of long-term hold of a urus vs G63? Meaning can a Lamborghini withstand daily driving so much?

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I have 1 now and the G. First one was a 19' and I didn't keep it long which was a mistake. I can't comment on long term but I can tell you feels solid and no rattles whatsoever.

22. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My wife daily drives her new one and we drove the last one all the time too. Always tight and without issues. They’re absolutely solid for daily use. Excellent SUVs if you need the extra seats…

Image Unavailable, Please Login

plastique999, jc1, anunakki and 2 others like this.
  23. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Finally gave in, test driven the urus yesterday. I like it for what it is. My wife somehow feel how her FF is better and is somehow hesitant to trade it in. We were given an allocation at MSRP yesterday, by the way the used urus on the floor are mark up 50 to 100K above!

Is Urus allocation hard to come by at all? Just don't know much about the lambo world...

24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You can get an allocation but the wait could be as much as 12 months or more depending on your dealers backlog.

25. JJEply458

JJEply458 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Eply
    Alas, I too will be getting both. I was fortunate to get a 2021 MY G63 and the Urus will be arriving by Spring/Early summer.

They both have their unique purpose for me. Also, I need the space for when I travel with kids. I used to have the GTC4Lusso. But the drive feel and ride position and overall everything of the Urus is more appealing to me than the GTc4lusso personally. I know a lot here would disagree, but that’s the conclusion I’ve come to.