Upgrade Carbon led steering wheel/proxy 458/California/FF/F12 | FerrariChat

Upgrade Carbon led steering wheel/proxy 458/California/FF/F12

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by glob1971, Feb 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Hi,

I just upgraded my Ferrari with a carbon led steering wheel, at my Ferrari dealership. Was an expensive add-on but I think it is worth the cost. Based on the information given by the dealer, the also proxy was loaded to activate LED's of the new steering wheel. So far, everything works.

I however have a problem and a question if the community can help.

On other cars i have seen you can activate or deactivate LED's by going in MENU on the screen page, Car Setup and RPM on steer, and select ON or OFF.

My car doesn't have this menu, i cannot electronically disconnect LED's.

I have a California but should be same with 458, F12, FF etc... to those who upgraded their cars at their dealership from the standard to the Carbon led steering wheel, do you have the MENU to turn it ON/OFF ?

Many thanks for your answers.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

They didn’t do a good job because if u flash the proxy u should have that option.
    My independent did it on my ff and I have it. Ask ur dealer maybe it depends on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Many thanks for your answer, this is what I thought also - they obviously didn’t do it right, among many other things unfortunately.

4. Sebaf430

Sebaf430 Rookie

Apr 20, 2019
    Italy
    Hi, i m doing the same work on my 2010 California (i bought a used led steering wheel) .. can i know the price of the ferrari proxy and how many work Hours they chrged??
    Sebastiano

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Go to an independent not the dealer. They will charge u like 2k for a flash...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Sebaf430

Sebaf430 Rookie

Apr 20, 2019
    Italy
    Thanks, but what do you mean for “go to an indipendent” ... i know that i need a proxy that only ferrari can release.. it is correct ?
    Thanks !!!!