Updates on Tifosi Ron | FerrariChat

Updates on Tifosi Ron

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Senna1994, Aug 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Anybody here anything on how Ron Paul (the non presidential candidate) is doing? I am assuming he is probably in contact with Martin. Hope he is well and getting better fast, we miss him around here.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Somebody dropped out of the presidential race today. Time for Tifosi Ron to make his move for the White House.

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Maybe Ron is waiting for Massa to redeem himself after Hungary before he makes an appearance. Just Kidding Ron.

5. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I spoke to Ron on the phone about a week ago. He is improving and his spirits are high. He told me that he was surprised and touched by the outpouring of support he has received from these boards.

He sounded good and on the road to recovery.

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Who dropped out?

7. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a car guy in the White House. Especially a Ferrari guy.

Ron. Now's the time.

8. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Thanks for asking, your thoughts along with everyone else have meant much to me. I only have use of my left hand, so typing is an effort. I read many of threads and posts on FChat, but I tire quickly so I don't consider responding.

I am staying in temporary quarters (with SpeedTV) near the hospital as I go there 3 times per week for therapy. I have daily nursing care (they are all old) as I still need my dressings changed everyday, probably another two months. I am trying to get off the pain pills but as nerve endings come back its hard to ignore the discomfort. My right arm and right foot are still raw and wrapped. Left foot and left hand are 98%. My face and scalp are healed but still sensitive so I have to wear a hat. All my previous wrinkles are gone!

My concern is regaining the use of my right hand. I can't grip a pencil, so stretching tendons and the new skin during therapy is critical. Yes, that does hurt but I want to play piano and defend Massa again someday. Trying to gain back some of the 20lbs I lost. I am relatively immobile for now, after an hour, I am very tired.

I went with Martin last week to try to find some personal items in the Boxer. That was a big mistake. I had no idea how bad the car was, and I question how anyone survived. Really emotionally upsetting. I will post the photos soon.

Again I want to thank everyone for their kind words, and of course Martin and Gaby, and all the SSF members that brought me food and drink. Having my daughters there the first week was wonderful. Even my ex was constantly there.

And my special friend that called me 3-4 times everyday the three weeks I spent in the hospital, if you only knew what that meant to me.

I am so thankful to be alive.

(this response took me nearly 45 minutes, I am out for the day)

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Actually Ron's politics on the Politics Section is pretty decent, he seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy and hopefully he might bring the USGP back to America.

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Great to hear your getting better, but sad that you are in so much pain. Just take care of yourself and we look forward to reading your posts when you get back. Hopefully the F-Chat guys in Florida will keep you entertained.

Best Wishes,
    Tony

11. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht

Hope you feel better soon.

Lost 20lbs huh?

Hmmm, you like lobster? PM me your address and I will send you a fresh Maine lobster, just off the boat and still kicking :) Dropping another living thing in a pot of boiling water is sure to make you feel better about your own pain.

There's a great chocolate place down the street, if you aren't a lobster person. Chocolate will put that 20lbs back on lickety split. Just let me know where I could send.

Or, if Ron is out of action for a bit, anyone got an address where he can get a package?

12. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    It is great to see you posting, even if it took so long. May you have a speedy recovery.

13. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Get well soon!!!

14. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Good luck and get well my friend.

15. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Ron:

Thanks for the post. Was alot of work you, but hopefully will help your recovery.

Of course they gave you "old" nurses. think they could trust you with young nurses? ;)

I'll be your campaign manager when you decide to run.

Keep in touch.

Pax Vobiscum

Phil

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very nice idea. For those who don't know Ron: He is already very slim. Unlike me, he doesn't need to loose 20 lbs.

Cavallino Motors is the moniker for Ron's buddy Martin. I'm sure he could provide a postal address.

17. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Damn, have a speedy recovery man!

18. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Great too see you posting again Ron. you sound like as if every moment results in pain. get some good rest, eat well, and get back here soon. all the best to you and have a speedy recovery my friend :)

19. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

cheers ron...glad to read your post.

pcb

20. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Martin - you reading this? Can you get a package for Ron and make sure he gets it in a timely manner?

21. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

a great idea mike!!

22. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Good to hear you're on the road to recovery! Hope to see you posting more in the future and still getting better!

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    All the best.

Pete
    ps: Somebody should tell Massa his number one fan is a little low at the moment ... heck you might get a visit :).

24. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    LoL!

25. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel