Updated classified section rules - effective 1/1/2019 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Updated classified section rules - effective 1/1/2019

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by ylshih, Jan 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
    Themaven likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Totally agree this section has become rubbish and personally I found some moderating to be extremely poor to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #128 ylshih, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    So we've tried the new rules for almost 4 months. We're still getting users who can't be bothered to read the rules and think nothing of making whatever comment they want. So, after a discussion reviewing the effectiveness of moderation in the classified ad section up to today, we've decided to revise the commentary rules in accordance with option #1 above. The moderators will no longer intervene regarding either positive or negative comments about the car, the market, the seller, etc. This is intended to restore the commentary rules to that of pre-2015.

Currently:

Commentary:
    • Anyone posting on an ad must be 1) asking a legitimate and relevant question; or 2) providing accurate, first-hand information on that specific car, item, or seller. All other commentary (negative or positive comments regarding the condition or asking price, comparing asking price to current market/recent sales/other cars or items for sale, critiques or plaudits for the seller, etc.) will be deleted and repeat offenders will be subject to infraction/ban/etc at the discretion of the moderators.
    • Offers should be made in private through “conversations” (top right under username, or just go to advertiser’s profile “start a conversation”)
    To be revised as:

Commentary:
    • Anyone posting on an ad must refrain from personal attacks on or trolling of any other poster. Any such posts may be deleted and will be subject to infraction/ban/etc at the discretion of the moderators. All other commentary is allowed.
    • Users are encouraged to make offers in private through “conversations” (top right under username, or just go to advertiser’s profile “start a conversation”)
    Post #1 updated to reflect this change.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alcav5 likes this.
  5. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Awesome spec! And a fresh major! GLWS, this should go fast.

technom3 and BOKE like this.
  6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    If the rules are reverting will our for sale allowance go up? I have some small Ferrari parts and several guitars that could use new homes. But the for sale limits on here have had me using other venues. I imagine it must be a difficult balancing act for the mod team. Some of us are collectors of different things, and its fun to change up the inventory.
    Thank you.

7. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Agree

8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #133 ylshih, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    My post identified the specific clause that changed. Only the commentary rule has reverted at this time.

f355spider likes this.
  9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    At least $50K over market. Can't stand gold wheels either. And there's a reason green cars are often 1 of 1. Call me when you knock $80K off the price and then I'll think about it. GLWS, you'll need it.

technom3, BOKE and 19633500GT like this.
  10. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    :D:p:D:p:D:p:D
    I just nominated this for the post of the year in Rossa, Yin.;):D

11. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I think turning the classifieds into the wild Wild West as far as commentary on markets, values, and personal opinions is a big mistake.

It is going to discourage people from advertising cars in particular who don’t need the peanut gallery involved on a simple seller connecting with buyer. It’s going to be a stressful slug fest.

It’s only going to involve cars and their owners getting beaten up. Anonymous posters and wanna be’s trolling up the cars.

There’s Bring a trailer if you really want that.

Robb

technom3 likes this.
  12. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    It appears that there are quite a few unsubscribed (not Silver or Rossa) FChatters that only come to FerrariChat to troll the classifieds.

If it were up to me when you place a classified the seller should have the option to lock out comments or accept the goat rodeo that the majority of posts appearing under the ads have become. I would also impose a cooling off period of 30 days and 30 posts before a new member can post any classified ads.

13. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I understand reducing the mods workload. Sounds good. I’ve always been a fan of option 3 you listed.

There are “market threads” and “latest cars for sale” threads in each of the model sections where new buyers can get their feet wet, meet seasoned owners for advise they can pm... and look at cars for sale. Specific questions are asked, etc.

That’s a great place to talk about what is selling and what isn’t and why. That simply does not need to happen in a single car for sale ad. That’s generally called hijacking a thread which in the past always happened.

If sellers post a crappy for sale ad, then they may just have to answer the same question 40 times on pm’s Emails, or phone and that’s the cost of an incomplete ad. If they price a car too unrealistically then they won’t get any calls.

But if I’m selling and have taken the time to put a thorough ad together with all the info, the only call I’m going to get is from the guy (or gal) that’s ready to buy - only the number is left to negotiate. As that seller, I also wouldn’t need a gang of 40 backing up the guy that wants to buy but hammer out a much lower price. We’ve seen those disasters in the past as well.

Introduce the peanut gallery of 14 year olds that isn’t in the market to really buy and it’s just a mess likely to scare buyers back to the safe haven of buying a Porsche.... :D

You really don’t want that.

Robb

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we apologize if a mod made it sound that's what it was returning to, that's not the case.

15. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I posted an ad to sell some 599 literature. Can I also post it in the 599 section?

16. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Uh... no.

Robb

17. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    zstyle likes this.
  18. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
    sorry for perhaps a noobie question, but what do I need to do to post in classified section?

19. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
  20. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    zstyle likes this.
  21. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good evening

So I have read the updated classifieds rules and am so tired cant comprehend what this means.

I have about 50 pieces of 355 parts. How do I present them? In 50 different threads so that it does not become a storefront?

Thanks
    Steve

22. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I would just list them out in a single thread.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  23. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I believe this is what the rules say but it's been awhile since I read them.

24. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Not sure if the rules allow it but a really simple way might be to post a link to a website you create on Wordpress or Blogger (free) and list what you have there. That way, you could edit it as the parts become no longer available.

25. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #150 ylshih, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Parts may be sold individually or as lots. If you advertise a lot, then it should be sold as a lot at a lot price. Each item or lot should be in its own ad.

You are allowed 5 parts & collectibles ads per year as Silver or 20 parts & collectibles ads per year as Rossa. If you actually decide you require 50 separate ads then you can upgrade to Classified Subscribed level for the duration of your sales activity as that allows unlimited ads and then let it expire when you're done. We can provide special exceptions to this framework if you are a user in good standing and have a one-time situation that doesn't quite fit these levels.