Updated classified section rules - effective 1/1/2019 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Updated classified section rules - effective 1/1/2019

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by ylshih, Jan 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Just discovered this thread because I put a 'wanted ad' to the parts section.
    I am silver subscribed solely because of unlimited picture upload for 'give-and-take' regarding technical issues.
    And I'm here for nice conversation. For selling my stuff there's ebay. I pay a small fee and don't have to pay attention to questionable rules and reprimand. Simple.
    Subscription values declined over the years anyway. But it doesn't surprise me. Like many other successful websites, Fchat seems to aim at a license to print money too

Best from Germany
    Martin

2. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Greetings:
    For the third time in one month one of my posts in the classifieds section has been deleted citing "Classified ad rules violation. No opinions by posters. Simply "like" the original post if you like the car."

The latest one to be deleted was for a 328 for sale [https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1986-ferrari-328-gts.585698/] . There is a picture of a Dino with the Ferrari 328 and I commented on picture by writing "Nice Dino and Ferrari " or "A Dino and a Ferrari".

Yet a post #31 stating "Beautiful! I will be in Miami several times next month and would love to see it on person. I will be in touch.

Cheers
    Dave" Was/Has not been deleted, and it seems to fall withing the same crass "violation" that I committed.

I have been a Lurker here since the inception of Fchat in 2000-2001 and officially became a member in 2005, and the only time(s) that my posts have been deleted have been in the last 3 months, sometime after the change of ownership/management/overlords.

Please feel free to contact me or comment, so as to know why the selective reprimands are being handed out.

That is all. :)

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    For some reason, the For Sale section has turned into a free fire zone.

Boomhauer and Jakuzzi like this.
  4. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    @Jakuzzi Same thing happened to me / my comment was removed. I think the answer I got was any comment neededto be relative to an interest in the ad, not an observation. So if I said "wow gorgeous car , can you tell me what color is that" that would be ok as opposed to just gorgeous car. The example you sighted that they didn't remove seems iffy, but maybe the mods were being liberal with the comment.

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don’t see why we can’t post congratulating someone on a beautiful car anyway..... this is ferrari chat after all, not Renault chat or Nissan chat, where the cars are so ugly you have to have been wearing a blindfold to have bought one. I get the stupid posts that knock the seller or the car with inane ******** about whether it’s a historical dog and the like, and character or car assassination posts, they are unwarranted, but appreciating the marque is what we all signed up for isn’t it? If we can’t browse the cars and add our appreciation for them, whats the ****ing point of coming here?

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    seems like a very nice post. Strange it would be deleted. perhaps there was a misunderstanding.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  7. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    My guess is they are doing it to prevent shills from bumping the ads to the top and drumming up interest thru traffic/comments.

8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    That's the standard explanation. But nobody looks into the reality the "For Sale" section sucks. Even the FML is better.

Jakuzzi and Boomhauer like this.
  9. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The classifieds section is more of a 'safe space' than any safe space that a University has for Millennials.

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What’s the problem with that anyway? Isn’t the classified ads section supposed to be somewhere you go to try to sell your goods, and therefore, if there isn’t any traffic, nothing sells? Or have I missed something.... ?

Texas Forever and Jakuzzi like this.
  11. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I’m not saying I agree with it, I’m just posting the reason the mods gave earlier when it was brought up.

Lol, as a sponsor I’d love to have comments made on my ads as often as possible. :)

Jakuzzi and daytona355 like this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I know, I was just pointing out the daft ness of it if it were a reason to ban comments..... seems counterproductive to the point of the section

Boomhauer and Jakuzzi like this.
  13. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I feel the same way.

daytona355 and Texas Forever like this.
  14. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Aren't they re-doing the whole classified section any way?

Jakuzzi and rob lay like this.
  15. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I got a similar comment deleted for the metallic red 360 spider manual that was for sale. Seems like a weird / random rule, but whatever. I don't participate too much on this site anymore because I feel like an outsider, where I used to feel right at home.

:(
    BT

16. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I don't understand the big deal. Who cares if your comment gets deleted when all you said was "beautiful car best of luck with the sale"

Its not like you were being silenced. Its a nice comment but an unessecary one. I don't see the harm in it staying there either. I don't think it SHOULD be deleted... but I don't see why someone should get upset with the comment being deleted.

Having 30 people say nice car does get a bit irritating when you are trying to sift through the thread for information though. It ends up sounding like a broken record.... Plus there is that like button

paulchua likes this.
  17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You really know absolutely nothing about our business or FerrariChat based on your comments recently. Your only motivation is to hurl insults at us even if no founding. All you need to look at as evidence against your uniformed comment is number of views per ad, our number of sponsors, our number of subscribed users posting classifieds, and the low turnover.

Now I do hate the new classified rules, but the moderators pushed it through and I'm in the "prove it works" better phase. Just shows I'm open to ideas even if they aren't mine. We're also in process of implementing a true professional classified ad system.

18. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

In this instance, the rule went into effect January 1, 2019. Your post was the only, "GLWS, Love it" post made after that date, so it was removed. The other comments predate the policy, and were left alone.

D

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Based in these last 3 comments, I think it all makes sense now. Just standard functional testing and nothing personal.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  20. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    If you would prefer no feedback, just say so.

Good, you need it. The current system doesn't work. BAT kicks your ass.

19633500GT likes this.
  21. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    LOL...

You and I typically agree on a lot.

And we don't have to agree on everything thats for sure.... but the BAT thing is a whole different business model. In all honesty eBay kicks BATs butt....

Texas Forever likes this.
  22. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    #122 Jakuzzi, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2019
    Thanks for the clarification. :)

Sometimes one likes to make an additional positive comment about a car, besides the "like" button.

daytona355 and paulchua like this.
  23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    how do they kick our ass? we move more Ferraris and at much higher prices. BAT is an auction dump it platform, which is VERY successful for them and FUN to spectate. if you want to sell a Ferrari, auction it at BAT or list on FerrariChat?

24. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    From a user standpoint. Your format is hard to browse. This is why sellers have been bumping their ads. I find BAT easy to browse and entertaining.

25. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    BAT has gotten some pretty good numbers for Ferraris, but if I were an owner with a premium car, I would list here first, and if no sale in a month, possibly give BAT a try. I think there are better buyers here, generally speaking.

I'm not sure when things changed overall for me on this site, but it seems to be the case on many marque specific sites. S2ki.com also lost a good bit of interest around the same time. Maybe it is the natural cycle of a hobby / interest. I have met many cool people and enjoyed many fine events through Ferrarichat, and for that I will always hold a favorable opinion of the site, even if I am not a very active participant anymore. I recall feeling a bit run off by a few members here who like to throw mud as a general rule.

:)
    BT