Unusual Things You have Done ONE Time Only | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Unusual Things You have Done ONE Time Only

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, May 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    :eek:

2. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    My company worked consulting for a industry group. They submitted to government docs that were other they the ones we prepared. Long story but it was criminal cover up of pollution incidents. We severed our contract that was a significant amount of money and documented to them clear words why. 9 months later I was in my office late having a few beers and in comes 2 FBI guys and a Federal Marshall. Stuff they had recovered in a raid earlier that day indicated we were still consulting with this group. They were rude and I went off on them big time to get the F*#@K out and worse. That wasn't good. At one point one of them pulled his gun when I reached to get my smokes. They came back the next AM with a warrant. They don't put things back. Later I told them to get the rude MF that pulled the gun off my property and I would get the file. It all worked out and in the end they were apologetic. But I won't do that again.

3. laxn23

laxn23 Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Invested in Bear Stearns.

4. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Why, It's a bargin now.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    High School - Freshman year;

Superglued teacher [Mr. Watts] to bottom right of his chair during 6th Period - 3rd month of Classroom Instruction for Driving Test, as Holidays neared.

Window of opportunity was very easy, as he would write Topic-o'-th'-Day on chalkboard as myself and a few other easily distracted coma-teens picked up papers from his desk early on - some others would pick theirs up at random intervals throughout duration of class period, others wouldn't bother; gossip during duration of class was the norm, as Watts was just biding his time before retirement...

One couldn't help but notice - per routine, he'd promptly sit down after writing Chapter Title... cross left leg over right... and not shift one iota throughout duration of class, though occasionally he mumbled incoherently, not loud enough to awaken those who slumbered, but, he mumbled nonetheless...

No one noticed the sticky situation, not even he... until the next [and last class of the day [Sophs]] came in for Social Studies/Nap Time. After all, a new subject was at hand, and the blackboard beckoned., if only for a brief, shining moment.

That class was sent to library for study hall [laughing their asses off while en route, of course], with a couple of guys dispatched to office to summon Vice-Principal, who made a few trips back and forth, eventually returning with a pair of sweats from gym class.

Got to watch the whole thing unfold from 7th Period Biology, as I knocked out fruit flies with Ether, got horny with Martha [ah, mammaries!], so on and so forth.

It was a great day.

6. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    circle drifting a set a fuel pumps at a local shell station in my friends 680whp Cobra is probably the most unusual dumb thing I've done once in my life.

7. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Flew backwards in a Cessna 150. While taking flying lessons in Odessa, Texas the instructor took me up and told me he would show me that he could fly a plane backwards. We went up to 2000 ft turned into the headwind and throttled back to an idle. It is amazing how much lift the 150 has and the slow speeds it can fly and still maintain proper attitude. The headwind was a little over 50 mph and while I watched a windmill on the ground below as we approached it I noticed the approach speed begin to slow. Then our approach actually came to a stop and the windmill began to slowly appear to move back away from us. We were keeping up just enough lift to keep the plane aloft. The instructor then throttled back up and we began our forward motion again. I have not flown backward again. It was an interesting effect.

And then there was the time I was with this same instructor and when attempting my first power on stall. I know that as the stall indicator begins to signal that you should nose plane over, build speed and transition back into a slight climb. I do not know how I did it but when I attempted to nose over I inadvertantly hit the rudder and began a flat spin from 2500 feet. I could not bring it out and the instructor took over and brought it out just before it made impact with the ground. I swear there were leaves on the wheels from the trees we came close to. He wanted to take it back up and do it again. I did but withdrew from flying lessons and decided I would pay for my next flight and let someone else fly me. I never took another lesson.......

8. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Group:

Do we really believe Dr. Tommy did 32 different girls in 24 hours?

:)

9. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Five years,two months,two days later...no.

Cheers,
    RE

10. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Totaled a Ferrari.

11. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Wow! I've heard it's almost impossible to recover from a flat spin. Scary stuff.

maybe if he was at a swinger club? :p

:(

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Only if his hands have schizophrenia ...

Pete

13. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Shouldn't count! Wasnt it someone else who totalled a Ferrari?
    Hijack....
    It just occurred to me that the parking lot perp probably had minimum prop damage coverage, I wonder if your insurance company successfuly got their money out of the other driver.

14. Jimbo49

Jimbo49 Formula 3

Aug 5, 2004
    Geelong, Australia
    Full Name:
    James
    Split a shopping trolley in half.

1am. Some mates and I were bored, decided to go to the Local Supermarket in my at the time, Toyota Camry. This would have been maybe 5 - 6 years ago. We grabbed a shopping trolley and my mates on the other side of the car held it, leaning out the window whilst I drove.
    Got the car up to close to 110km/h, then let the trolley go flying into a stormwater grate/drain. Trolley broke almost immediately upon impact. Sparks went flying, very dramatic. And to a bunch of bored teenagers, this was hilarious.
    Some old man was sitting on his front porch watching the whole thing unfold, who knows what he thought.

15. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    I was seven years old and my mom would take us to the local swim & tennis club durring the summertime. Went up on the high dive, didn't space my steps right and ended up doing a 30-foot belly flopper. I still to this day remember the whole thing in slow motion, even seeing the lifeguard jumping out of her chair and headed for the water before what could be construed as the shot heard around the world when my chest encountered the water. Not something I reccomend.

16. lmunz22

lmunz22 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    85 over in a 25.

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Done it in a twin 310J with 1 engine out. You have about 10 secs. to react after a flame-out of one engine before total disaster.

18. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    A few things come to mind....

Had a rifle pointed at my head. Luckily he didn't pull the trigger.

Stapled my fingers together when I was about 5 years old. Somehow I still remember it.

Somehow hit both sides of an open electrical service box thereby allowing 220 volts to course through my body and throw me into the steel bunk beds about 3 feet behind me.

Similar to several other stories here somehow... I spun 540 degrees on an icy two lane road and ended up rolling backwards in the opposite lane. Unfortunately I did this while trying to pass a car that was driving too slow for my taste. He had a big old smile on his face as he slowly passed me. I got back in line behind him and followed along like a good boy!!

19. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Helped push a body into a crematoria.... I was 17.... body? 90

Not to be repeated.......

20. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Rented a ford focus and put 8100 miles on it in 12 days traveling around the country with no premade plans.
    T-boned a chevy citation at an unremembered speed while on a motorcycle didn't walk after that for almost a year.

21. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Survived Kidney Cancer (Wilms tumor) at 6 Months old
    Had a gun put to my head in NY (Car thieves) long story
    Survived a 80+ mph crash on my Hayabusa
    Lost my spleen (Related to above)

Looks like I got 5/9 lives left :D

22. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    I read this thread last night and just about died laughing!

Last year I choked on a hot dog, but it was a partial block. I had air, but not enough to live off of. So I 911 got called and I had to get rushed to the ER, where they made me drink all this nasty stuff. I am not doin that again, it was a freakin $3500 hot dog....

23. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I flew on the Concorde from Heathrow to Dulles and then to Miami in 1985 when I was 17. It was awesome!
    :)
    BT

24. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  25. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Not that I don't want to do this again, but I saw the green flash as the sun set on the horizon while sitting at an outdoor bar in Guam. Spent a couple months watching the sunset and only saw the flash that one time!!