Unknown European P4 replica | FerrariChat

Unknown European P4 replica

Discussion in 'Europe' started by P4Replica, Nov 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Could anybody please help by providing information about what looks to be a much modified Noble Ferrari P4 replica shown here: www.ferraristi.net/cars/ferrari-330/gallery1.html
    I have been trying to find out more details about the car to add it to my P4 replica register for some time now. The three photos shown on the Ferraristi website are credited to André Ritzinger (2000) who is a Dutch car enthusiast and photographer. I have tried emailing André through his website (http://www.ritzsite.net - [email protected]) on a few occasions, but as yet have recieved no reply.
    If anybody else could help by identifying the location and setting where these photos were taken, at least I would know in which country to start looking for the car. Or if anybody has any higher resolution photos of this car (preferably without the number plates obscured), could they please post them here or email them to me at: [email protected]. Thanks.

2. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Hi Paul
    any chance of posting the pictures. I can't access that site.
    Cheers
    Simon

3. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Would if I could, Simon, but I'm not subscribed, and my 5.0MB photo posting limit was exceeded a LONG time ago. What's the problem, anyway ? Just checked the URL, and it works. Or is it the pop-ups causing you a problem ? Drop me an email if you like, Simon and I'll forward them: [email protected]

4. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
  5. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Pauls Pictures

6. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Thanks for posting them, Simon - but not my photos - they belong to André Ritzinger.
    Does anybody recognise the location where they were taken (in 2000) please ?

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    ....another one - or the same one?
    Nürburgring 2003 Michael Schumacher Racing Day

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    ...still the same car

9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    ...and another pic from the NR P3/4

10. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Thanks for posting the photos, Wolfgang, but No .... this is another one - which I 'know' quite well.
    It belongs to Rolf Wisskirchen - a Toyota dealer from Sankt Augustine. (See licence plate in your first photo). It is powered by a 3.5L Mercedes V-8* (with downdraft Weber carbs) and transmission is Audi Quattro (but not 4wd). From memory, the car also uses some Toyota suspension components !
    It was also at the Nurburgring OGP in August this year, this time, with a 'for sale' notice on it - asking price €115,000 Euros - or exchange for historic F2 car.

11. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Besides that car discussed in the first 6 posts, there is actually another German (Mettman-registered) Noble P4 replica that I'm trying to track down. It appeared (again) at the Nurburgring at the 2002 O.G.P.. It also has one or two rather unique (and unusual) features. A couple of people have posted photos of it on the 'Net. See:
    http://www.911only.com/pics/ogp/ogp_aug02122.JPG
    http://www.911only.com/pics/ogp/ogp_aug02120.JPG
    http://www.911only.com/pics/ogp/ogp_aug02121.JPG
    and
    http://www.webrudi.de/Galerie/pages/Ferrari%20330.htm
    http://www.webrudi.de/Galerie/pages/Ferrari%20330-1.htm
    http://www.webrudi.de/Galerie/pages/Ferrari%20330-innen.htm
    'Rudi' also makes some rude comments about it, such as: "Enzo Ferrari würde sich im Grabe umdrehen." !

12. morcal

morcal Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2003
    Turin,Italy
    Full Name:
    Cal
    There is a company making P3/P4 replicas in the UK. Search F-Chat and will see interesting threads on this topic ( inluding pictures )

13. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
  14. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Thanks for all the great P4 Replica links.
    I m so much in love with this car - but nobody can ever afford such a great beast - so why not to buy a Ferrari powered Replica?

15. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    I have nothing against a Ferrari powered Replica, as long as it says it's a replica. And most of the time...it doesn't and the thing will go to events as if it's a real one.
    And what I really don't like...is a non-Ferrari Powered Replica, that still says it's a real one...that's just bullsh!t...

no. If you can't afford the real thing...then just go to events and watch the real thing...look at it and go home! ...

Just IMHO of course!

16. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Waldo,
    for sure and you are 99,99% right!!!!!
    Same thoughts here. BUT the P4 is something very, very special.
    So rare to see on an event and over 10Million$ worth it!!!!!!!
    To me, the way to own, drive and enjoy this amazing art work of design would be to buy a powered by Ferrari Replica.

17. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    okay. But if you would drive it to a carshow...would you tell to everybody; Hey everybody: this is a Ferrari P4 ...or would you say; Hey everybody; this is a Ferrari P4 Replica. Powered with a Ferrari engine, but built just last year!

:)

you know what I mean! :) ... it's just not fare to get your Mercedes engined "P4" to a Ferrari meeting and let everybody (or atleast the not-100%-into-Ferrari-people) think that it's the real thing!

18. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Waldo,
    I don`t buy or drive a car just to show everybody: hey thats me and my ...bla, bla...and I am ....bla, bla.
    I buy a car cause I love it - the curves the engine a.s.o.
    I realy dont care about! I never drive to a show/event just to show my car and how big and important I`m. NO!!! And I`m also not important!!!
    I drive for fun!
    I`m just & only in love with the style of the P4 - its amazing, breathtaking...and even if you have 10 million$$$$ there is no one for sale!!
    So, whats wrong to buy a replica with a Ferrari engine????????
    And by the way, nobody who is in the business, would serious ask you if its an original or replica -----cause there are only 4 (four!!!!!!) originals on the planet and each one incl. the owner is well known !

19. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    stepped with your wrong foot outofyah bed today? :confused:

20. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    no, no, no, everything is pretty cool....I` just soooo much in love with this car.....you remember, I fly over to New York (Jim Glickenhaus a.k.a. Napolis) just to see the ORIGINAL car for 2 days! DaMN; I REALY LOVE THE P4!

21. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    then that's cool! Take (again) loads of pics of that car Wolf! (of course if that's okay by Mr. Glickenhaus!).

22. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Sorry, my fault fly/flew!!!
    I have been there! Jim Invited me for a weekend to see his P4 in June this year.
    Here is story with the pics:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20679
    Sorry I FLEW over in June;)

23. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo

hmm yes, knew that :) ...hehe...thought you were going again :) in a few days! :D LOL

24. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    LOL, of course I wish I could.
    January is SoCal / LA
    April Dallas/TX
    ...but we will see him during the MM05 and at Les Mans, France Historic 05 with his P4!:)

25. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #25 P4Replica, Feb 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Since making that post a couple of months ago, I've made some progress in tracking down this car:
    The photos were taken at Techno-Classica, Essen in April, 2000. The car was on a stand just around the corner from the main Ferrari display.
    It was built (and then owned) by Peter Spredtke, an auto engineer (Kfz-Meister) from Essen. The registration # is E:pS 330H (interesting how a kit-car replica got a H = Historic suffix) ;)
    Despite the (8??!!) dummy injection trumpets, the car (like many Noble P4's) is powered by a Renault PRV V-6 motor, with Renault transmission.
    Not long after the show, Peter sold the car to Auto Becker in Düsseldorf, who have now closed down. Apparently it was sold on to a Chinese gentleman who lives in the Düsseldorf area. So my trail has gone cold for now. If anybody sees the car - either on the road, or at another show, I'd appreciate if they could drop me a line. Thanks.
    Repost of those photos from Techno Classica 2000.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login