***UNITY RUN*** | Page 10 | FerrariChat

***UNITY RUN***

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Greg G, Jun 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarmG993

CarmG993 Rookie

Jul 1, 2005
    Riverdale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Carmen G
    Great run guys ! Thanks for letting some additional porsches along for the ride, it was a blast !! Keep me posted on future runs....
    It's a C2S in TT clothing, but with a 3.8l....

2. Acura Nsx Pilot

Acura Nsx Pilot Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    NyC
    Full Name:
    Bailey
    #227 Acura Nsx Pilot, Jul 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    Awesome run guys! It's been a while since i've exercised the Porsche like that. Definitely lots of fun and you guys sure don't waste anytime pushing those fine machines. Literally...from the on-ramp straight to triple digits. Haha.

It was great to finally meet everyone. Hope to meet the others who couldn't make it next time around. I was definitely suprised to see as many Pcars as there were.

Greg, Zach, & Eric, thanks for setting everything up. Not too bad for just winging it, eh?!

Great pics guys...I will post pics from my camera and Ormond's soon.

4. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    fwerf. if u drive a convertible, u NEVER put up the wind screen. it's just like eatting a greasy Big Mac at McDonald's and ordering a Diet Coke to go with it.

5. udalmia

udalmia Guest

to console myself i went for a run to bear mountain at 5:30 am, absolute blast, no po-po at all, even in the jersey section which is usually a ******* speed trap, went up the mountain, the route bill took us, amazing twisties and crazy speeds on the parkway itself, i tell you guys its the best 160 miles EVER, wake your asses up !.. that battery aint dying anytime soon :)

6. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    Definitely was looking forward to seeing your car. Next time just leave the car running until overnight. :D

7. udalmia

udalmia Guest

werd dunno wtf went wrong the battery shouldnt die that fast , lesson learnt

8. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Depends on the car, Mr. Generalization. I, and everyone else who's commented on my Porsche (except Chris), think that the 996 cabs look significantly better with the windscreen up.

9. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Interesting point...especially being that neither of you drive convertibles. If you did you would know that at speeds above 90mph (and we happen to travel much faster than that) the buffetting that can occur in some convertibles can be deafening if not dangerous. The windscreen may look "******" in your opinion (I personally like ****** so I don't mind being referred to as one), but it's actually quite functional.

In the case of the 993, it's an integrated unit with the top mechanism. Designed by Porsche for the 993, I happen to like the look and enjoy its functionality. I can also speak from experience with a number of other convertibles including the 996, 997, M3, and MB's.

Bottom line...enjoy the drive.

10. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

hahhahaha funniest thing I've read in a while ..

Was out late friday, no chance I could've made the drive- looks like you guys had a blast, next time..

11. CarmG993

CarmG993 Rookie

Jul 1, 2005
    Riverdale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Carmen G
  12. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    you can not beat mine.
    i ran to montreal, left home 8am sharp, arrived for lunch at L'express in downtown montreal at 12:47. no tix no incident, only shiet load of bugs killing. just checked in hotel, gotz to shower and get some kobe beef to go wit mah afternoon tea.
    wHat wHAt?!

13. udalmia

udalmia Guest

nice ! hows the car running post service

14. Acura Nsx Pilot

Nov 10, 2003
    NyC
    Full Name:
    Bailey
    You better go have the battery load tested because one or more of the cells could be shot. If you have the lead acid type check your water level as well.

15. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    it runs excellent.
    the exhaust note is sick, dunno why, maybe the service helped, maybe i just did not have a fcar for 3+ wks and dont remember how it sounded.

16. greenboxster

greenboxster Rookie

Aug 1, 2004
    Mahwah, NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike R
    Had a great time! Thanks for all who set it up. If you liked those roads, keep in mind 3/4 of NJ is like that so a few more runs should be set up out there. I think that was the first Fchat run with more Pcars than Fcars?

Thanks Noah for letting me test out that Turbo, only sorry it was such a short ride, although at that daily rate I think I owe you about $84.73. Definitely pick up the short shift kit.

In regard to the wind deflector, in my 996 I get a fluttering sound over 100mph with it down. Kind of sounds like having the sunroof open with the windows closed.

17. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    why u think i call it porschechat? :D
    out of all users on this board, only small % have a fcar, then out of that only a % would go on a fchat run, and out of which a % will do it in jersey. do da math haha. :)

18. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    To those who endured the whistle coming out of my 308......
    endure no more! Thanks to FChat, found the problem to be
    the muffler baffling. Sticking some springy steel (read cut soup can)
    inside one of the
    muffler tips took care of it. Took it out on 287 & tested. Problem gone!
    I'm SOooooooo glad to be rid of that annoying screech.

It turns out the Ferrari shops were wrong and it wasn't
    1) The fuel distributor
    2) The air pump
    3) The air plenum

Sam, test it with your Mondi. I don't know what kind of soup I used. :p Just remember....Cambell's Mmmmm Mmmmmm Good :)

19. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Im actually gonna miss that sound Clyde... it helped me reference where you were behind me, and gave some warning when you were creeping up.

20. Acura Nsx Pilot

Nov 10, 2003
    NyC
    Full Name:
    Bailey

I did remember hearing the sound from your car that day......glad you found a fix for it. Thanks for the pics Clyde.

21. GDautosport

GDautosport Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    NJ
    sorry i couldnt make it...

22. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I couldn't agree more...I always know when Clyde is around with a ringing in my ear. Was like a safety measure in our high speed jaunts. Glad you got it fixed, but I think I'm going to miss it.

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Pics turned out fantastic. Seemed like a great run gentlemen. Look forward to catching up with you fellas on the next one.

24. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

next time George... they'll be plenty more.