UMC Track Days | FerrariChat

UMC Track Days

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by mswncity, Dec 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mswncity

mswncity Karting

Feb 10, 2012
    Hailey, ID
    Who runs track days at the Utah Motorsports Campus? How could we attract more track day companies (HOD etc.) to the area? Is rental cost at the track competitive or is a high rental cost making it impossible for independent companies to make a profit?

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

MW

2. factive

factive Karting

Oct 28, 2016
    Park City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    I'd be down to chip in if you get a decent size group to rent for a day

3. strongx

strongx Karting

Mar 20, 2009
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Rock Thompson
    Renting the track can be expensive. Back when it was Miller Motorsports I asked about renting the half track for a private group. They quoted about $9,000. But they also said I had to pay for corner workers, ambulance, tow truck and a few other things that added up to nearly another 9 grand. However, some groups were able to get special deals when the track would otherwise be unused.

Anyway, it would be interesting to see what the new owners would do. I'm willing to pay a higher price for an low density track.

4. mswncity

mswncity Karting

Feb 10, 2012
    Hailey, ID
    There is also some chance that the new owners will be organizing track days. If not, perhaps lowering the rental fees to get more people to attend track days in the area and build their reputation / brand. They seem very aggressive with their investment in the facility.