UFC and MMA Thread | Page 155 | FerrariChat

UFC and MMA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Highlow, Aug 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Wow, did Romero ever KO Rockhold cold! And I enjoyed every second of it.

So what now? He didn't get an interim belt because of missing weight - will he get the shot against Whittaker anyways? He should, as he is clearly the number one contender.......but you never know with the UFC.....

2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I enjoyed Rockhold going out AGAIN.
    Romero is a beast. He deserves another shot at Whittaker.

3. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Bare Knuckle Championship - did anyone see it yesterday ? How many PPV buys ? Was it any good ??

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Saw highlights. Kinda Street fight ish to me. As for right now, i'll stick with the MMA stuff.

5. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Big fight announced today - your boy Mousasi against my fellow Canadian Rory MacDonald on Sept. 29th. It should be an awesome fight! Man, I really wish both of these guys make their ways back to the UFC sooner than later.

6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I really feel like MacDonald is going over his head on this one. The matchup doesn't favor RM. Going up in weight and fighting a slow mythological fight (both fighters are VERY technical). That's were Mousasi benefits. We'll see... Hope it will be a fun fight to watch. On paper it doesn't seem to be.

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
  9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Me either. But even though he is past his twilight of his career, It's nice to see "names" in Bellator, I think it'll help promote the Bellator brand. Hey, just another big name to watch on a smaller stage.

10. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    In Machida's case, even though he left the UFC on a 2 win streak, I'm sure he realizes that the chances of him being UFC Champ again are slim and none. He has a much better chance in Bellator. It is a strong statement for Bellator that he left on a winning streak, may possibly attract other fighters who can choose to be in the UFC.

11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  12. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Mousasi vs MacDonald tomorrow night, who ya' got, or should I just assume you're going with Mousasi?

This is most certainly a UFC caliber fight, meaning the 2 fighters could very easily still not only be fighting in the UFC, but comfortably ranked in the top 5. Both of them are 2 of the biggest acquisitions for Bellator, if not the biggest, in my opinion. Great for Bellator, I'd love to see them be more equal competitors to the UFC.

13. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Who do you think? Gotta go with my boy. I think it'll be an "easier" fight for Mousasi than what he is use to. 15lbs is a lot for Mac.

14. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Who are you picking between Conner and Khabib? I think Khabib will maul him, just like he does with everyone else.

15. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    That is a tough one, Khabib did get hit alot in his last fight. I'm TOTALLY rooting for Khabib, but it won't be easy. CM's hands are NO JOKE!

16. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Kizdan,
    OMG, Was that the FIRST time I was 100% correct on a prediction?
    I'm NEVER right.

17. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Haha.....I don't know about never, we've been talking about mma for quite a long time now. You had to be right somewhere along the way! Let's just say it happens rarely enough where congratulations are in order.

Great fight by Mousasi. He was sharp, and had Rory on his toes for most of the time. When Mousasi shows up to fight, he's an awfully hard guy to beat. I still believe that he can be a UFC champ..........you think we'll see either of these guys back there?

18. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Dan,
    Since this seems like our own personal MMA Thread, R u excited 4 tonight?
    These 2 have completely different styles and game plans. Couldn't be any more different! Interesting match up. I keep going back and forth. My heart is with Khabib (look what Diaz did to him the second it went to the ground).
    But look what Connor did to Aldo. That wasn't AT ALL a lucky punch. Watch Connor's movement. It was a PERFECT counter! Perfectly timed punch. Also he did last 10 rounds with the Best boxer in the history of the Boxing sport!

19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Conner got smashed..hard. his big mouth got shut.

Whole fight was tainted by shiskabob going after somebody in the crowd, then one of his team cheap shoting connor in the ring. Bad end to a good fight.

20. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They are holding Khabib's payment until after the investigation. Likely a fine and most likely a suspension.

21. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Khabib should be stripped of his title and suspended. Then we wait for the rematch.

22. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    The fight went pretty much exactly the way I thought it would go. Khabib actually landed a few hard, clean shots, that you could tell caught Conner by surprise. Can you imagine if Khabib would have KO'd him? He caused some damage with those shots.

All of the crap that happened after the fight ended was just so stupid and unnecessary. WTF was Khabib thinking?!?! He obviously wasn't, at all. Whatever punishment the UFC lays down, he deserves it. That was unacceptable.

I want to see Ferguson/Khabib next..........

23. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I agree the end was a mess, but Nurmagomedov was running on adrenaline and carryover emotions for all of the side show stuff that lead up to the fight last night. I get loosing it considering the circus that was going on outside the octagon. But wow did he beat the tar out of McGregor. A few of those shots were so impactful Connor was reeling and never had a chance to get back in the fight. I'm surprised the ref didn't do anything about his interlocking his toes on the cage repeatedly... but at that point I guess he was hanging onto anything he could.

24. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No, he shouldn't.

What happened was after the match, not during, and had no effect on the outcome.

MacGregor is no better when he threw a chair at the bus that Khabib was riding in New York.

Quite frankly I was glad to see MacGregor get his ass kicked.

Yassa likes this.
  25. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
    Good fight, even better result. Did everyone forget about all the crap McG did on the side. Conor’s tweeting about a rematch, but in all fairness he should have to crawl through the rankings again to get another title shot.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Yassa likes this.