[TX] Austin F1 at COTA 2018 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

[TX] Austin F1 at COTA 2018

Discussion in 'F1' started by BigTex, Sep 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I would take you up on that if the weather was nice, but I'm not down for sitting in the rain for a couple of practices. If you have anything for race day, I'd be interested.

2. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Certainly understandable. It doesn't seem windy, so hopefully the cover of the upper level main grandstand seats will keep things dry.

No extras for race day at the moment (and hoping to be dry when I move over to my Turn 1 seats).

I've been pondering the rain element. Who benefits most? Added risk probably not desirable for Mercedes who just want to protect lead. I suppose Vettel could not possibly have a Germany repeat. And yes, yes, Max just loves the rain....see if those new kerbs reign him in (lame pun not intended).

3. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Rain just increases the risk factors for most teams and drivers, but a few like Max are very good in wet conditions. Kimi is not afraid of the rain either. He's driven many different vehicles on a wide variety of surfaces.

4. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  5. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Ferrari has surrendered and is no longer competing for the WDC. They will second...if they are lucky. Even with the rain, while other teams pushed for all they're worth, Ferrari seemed content to drive around the circuit as if Lance Stroll was behind the wheel. Watched Arevabene shaking his head on the pit wall as Kimi and Vettel placed 9 and 10 in FP2. The whole team has fallen into a funk and the season is over. Now they will just go through the motions and look for every and any excuse to explain it. Ferrari should sell themselves to Haas or Sauber and let teams who know how to fight carry on the name. Barring an accident, Hamilton should wrap up his 5th WDC on Sunday.

Had a wonderful dinner tonight with two Italian friends from Milano and Cannes. They expect FCA to spin off the car brands entirely...in parts...and move on to other businesses and investments. The Chinese will pay a lot of money for the Ferrari brand. As for Fiat, Maserati, Alfa and Lancia, they will disappears the same way DeSoto and Pontiac and Mercury and so many others did.

Ferrari F1 has become a ship without a captain or a rudder. For those who have a passion for Italian machines, we are left with rooting for Haas and Sauber. The only way out is for Ferrari to hire Toto Wolff.

6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I'm pretty sure SV is going to bag #2. All we have left this year is to hope Kimi can pip Bottas for #3.

7. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Agreed.

The poster designer should have stated COTA instead of USA.