Twin turbo Ferrari F12 - By Excell Racing & Excell Auto Group | FerrariChat

Twin turbo Ferrari F12 - By Excell Racing & Excell Auto Group

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by excellautogroup, Dec 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. excellautogroup

excellautogroup Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2013
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Oleg Kouznetsov
    Excell Racing and Excell Auto Group are proud to announce the development of the world's first twin turbo system for the Ferrari F12. This will be a developing thread as we still finalizing the build, and we will upload more videos of the vehicle running on the street and on the track. Stay tuned as we push this F12 into the 1000 hp+ range, the build contains:

• Twin Garret GTX Billet wheel ball bearing turbochargers
    • Twin Turbosmart Wastegates and blow off valves
    • All 321 stainless steel hot side piping and 6061 aluminum cold side
    • Custom air to water intercoolers and heat Exchange Tank
    • Custom dry sump oil tank and breather tank

For more information on Excell Racing, visit http://excellautosps.com/ - If interested in doing a build (We have an AWD dyno, in-house welding/fabrication, custom tunes for all luxury/domestic/exotic makes and models etc) - please contact me directly [email protected] / (561) 339-5407 - If you are looking for something custom, we will make it happen!

Photos/video links below below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq5NG2_BWXE/ - Walk around Video

Photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you have any questions, feel free to ask !

Thanks,
    Oleg

348ts92 likes this.
  2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    The twin turbo setup seems to be perfectly integrated... can't wait to see it finished. Good luck , I hope the extra torque won't be too nightmare-ish to deal with, especially concerning the trans

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I wonder how it sounds with the intrusive turbos…………..

4. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Looks awesome! Be careful with advertizing / marketing here if you are not a sponsor. Another member was banned for life because he shared his development thread on an exhaust that wasn’t even finished....

5. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    Here's some links showing how the car sounds running and under load. Sounds good to me. What's your opinion?

F12 Twin Turbo vids and Instagram posts below.

-

https://blog.dupontregistry.com/aftermarket/excell-racing-twin-turbo-ferrari-f12berlinetta/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrX3HEAB0rs/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-RpVprJUWE/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_M2szMJ942/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq37pinhxkl/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBdI8tdJUGC/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDJSlGYJXrz/

6. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I saw that little puff of smoke under the passenger door and wondered if a mod like this would void your powertrain warranty:)

7. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    Would love to see the face of a Ferrari dealership tech when this car went up on a lift LOL

8. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So they’ve taken the greatest engine ever built, the Ferrari V12, and added turbos....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napoli, FerRrari and titanio360 like this.
  9. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    If Ferrari OEM can put turbos on the greatest v8 ever made with the 488 and F8, (https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releases/ferrari-two-awards-engine-458-speciale/#:~:text=4%2Dlitre%20class.-,The%20winner%20on%20this%20occasion%20is%20the%20naturally%2Daspirated%204.5,and%20now%20again%20in%202015.) then turbocharging the greatest v12 ever made is just super necessary. And now we know what a Turbocharged Enzo/599/TDF/812 would do on 93 and 5 lbs. Would love to see pistons rods sleves and race gas... The builder in the yt video said the kit is capable of 1800 to 2000 hp if the f12 had built internals so I can only imagine...

10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    First I had to abstract myself of the aileron on that F12 which I think is an insult to a car that carries the Pininfarina badge.
    The quality of sound we normally hear on videos is different from the real thing and I'll take that into account. Using as reference the standard sound of the F12 B that my ears know very well at different revs, the sound I hear on the first video when the car accelerates is pretty similar. To be honest in the video I can't notice the presence of the turbo while the car is accelerating.

11. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    It being the only turbocharged F140 FC in existence, it's hard to find true sound comparisons, but the Ferrari 65 degree V12 is so distinct sounding that I think it overcomes much of the muffling effect that most turbo cars have. I also believe that this was done purposefully by the tuner. The wastegate sound is a different story altogether when it shifts.

Since you're so in love with the spoiler, I believe you can find it here. (https://dmc.ag/product/ferrari-f12-berlinetta-rear-wing-spoiler-carbon-fiber-copy/) I don't think the owner PJ is selling the one from his car. ;)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Looks like a steroid infomercial!

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  13. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    Did you expect someone with high estrogen levels to want a Turbocharged F12? Just playing. The owner of the car is a professional bodybuilder that owns workout supplement company called Blackstone labs. It's actually posted on his YT channel if you look, not the shops. It's https://blackstonelabs.com/ If you're interested in increasing your bench press and supporting a fellow Ferrari enthusiast's business. As far as the turbo kit, it's these guys that make it http://excellrace.com/ and service exotics as well https://www.excellautosps.com/services . The shop owner Rob in the YT video uses this Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/rob.excellracing/

14. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Listen you asked for opinions in your post so I gave you mine. Not a fan of adding turbos the the iconic V12 engine.

So what’s your relationship to Philip Braun and can it get any more obvious you’ve turned this into a Blackstone Labs and excel advertising thread? And how’s his federal case going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    Not sure about all that. I only know him via the car community because his turbocharged F12 was getting built by the shop that works on my car so like any red blooded Ferrari obsessed gearhead, I was interested... By the way, check the thread starter from back in 2018... Yup, it was posted by a board sponsor called Excell Auto. No advertisement here. I figured adding updated info and video and dynos of the car actually running would be of interest to Ferrari enthusiasts on the Ferrari forum. Honestly, who cares who owns it? It's about the cars here. I couldn't care less who owns the UGR lambos that make 2000 hp but I love watching them line up against GT-Rs and Vipers. Wouldn't mind seeing a Ferrari out there holding it down one of these days. Plus, not sure if you realize, but my post was in jest as a response to the "steroid infomercial" comment... Just Saying

16. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    And while I'm on the topic, I was interested and motivated in posting the updates I knew of because there is a certain YouTube channel with a large audience out there making baseless claims that this car wasn't really boosted and wasn't well "documented" enough to be believed, and I'm not down with misinformed haters so I'm here to set the record straight with the people that actually matter, the Ferrari community. Here, watch the clip for yourself and you tell me if I put enough documentation out there in this thread.

The fun starts at the 17:08 mark.

Damon "You can't see them, you can't hear them, turbos down below, it's a mystery, did he really even turbo his car, nobody knows"

Dave "There's NEVER been an actual picture of the kit EVER"

I heard that bs and I'm not down with it. This car is a running driving Twin Turbocharged F12. I has been done before and I've seen it with my own two eyes. So I figured I'd help correct the record. That work for you?

No advertising from me.

Also, This F140 motor appears in the Enzo, the 599, the f12, and the 812 so I figured Ferrari enthusiasts might be curious what a boosted one could do. Any other questions I can answer for you?

17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I guess I fall into the category of “Ferrari purist.” I have zero interest in such an abomination, and consider that car completely ruined forever.

Bobby_P, Napoli, MDEL and 1 other person like this.
  18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Agreed, but since the F12 is not a rare bird among Ferrari models, and since it requires a real engineering effort, one sacrificial lamb just for the curiosity of a TT'ed ferrari V12 bothers me less than the horrendous novitec and mansory widebody's wrapped in gold that we see from time to time and which Mario (@MDEL ) put together in his legendary museum of horror thread :D

350MH83, titanio360, Napoli and 3 others like this.
  19. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Seriously I thought I better watch what I said or the guy would jump out of my screen and kick my ass! I always see videos of those Nissan GTRs cranking out 1000 HP and think what is the point.

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That was so funny, especially, the "angry bouncers" in the background, crossing their arms!!! :D

When I first joined the Forces, we were taught how to bring big guys down with physical force. Then we were taught how to use bayonets and knives. Finally, how to use firearms. Why would anyone become an ox, in order to instil fear, is still beyond me, when you can have a .22'' in your pocket...

21. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    First thing I thought was Blackstone Group (who their VP is on my board of directors) then I saw Blackstone Labs and googled it to see it's some weightlifting supplements.

22. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Wow, this guy's a major fraud and drug dealer 'supposedly':

Criminal Charges:

On March 7, 2019, six people and two Florida corporations were charged in an indictment for their roles in a scheme to distribute illegal dietary supplements.

Phillip Braun, Aaron Singerman, Robert DiMaggio, Anthony Ventrella, David Winsauer, James Boccuzzi, Blackstone Labs, LLC, and Ventech Labs, LLC were charged in a 14-count indictment that was unsealed on March 13, 2019.

https://www.justice.gov/civil/consumer-protection-branch/case/united-states-v-braun-etal

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/six-individuals-and-two-companies-charged-illegal-dietary-supplement-scheme

350MH83 likes this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I don't care for it, but for number of less "honorable" reasons.

It's not about the PF badge. For me, the best looking Ferraris were done by Scaglietti, and PF is something that just entered later on. So, meh. But do I care for the styling of this? No. Just looks tacky. Why not just get an Aventador and bling it out? That seems much more his style.

Then there's the powertrain. I have built enough engines to know that building something like this is in itself not that complicated. People are making 1000+ hp on little 5.3 LS engines these days. The F12 engine comes with forged internals, so at the least, as long as you gap the rings, set the timing, and make sure it has fuel, it's a platform that can be pretty easilly turbocharged within reason. Rule number one of forced induction. The better the n/a engine, the better it is under boost. More power n/a takes less boost to make more power. So what's not to like here? Well, everything else really, because it has created a car that will be massively unreliable for a multitude of reasons.

The trans is already in its limit. I have personally driven F12's with a worn out trans due to hard use. Add a ton of torque and that poor gearbox is not long fir this world.

How about that E diff? Those were not made fir the power either. I've seen those go too.

Splines in halfshafts? My guess is that they will start to twist. Will the CVD fail? Perhaps.

The chassis which already struggles quite a bit with the stock power does not stand a chance in hell of controlling that power. It might be cool with all that power, but I don't even need a test drive to know that it will not be a nice driver. Too many hours in other tuner cars. It is incredibly difficult to tune a car and make the chassis feel as good as stock. My guess is that less than 1% of tuner cars out there actually work as good or better than stock. Yes you can make skme changes, and those would enhance the handling of a stock F12. But to make the F12 chassis cope with this is impossible as it was never designed for it. I don't care what anyone says, this thing will be all over the place under boost. By comparison, the Lambos lend themselves to this kind of treatment for one simple reason, AWD. Are tuners not tuning the 488 because it cannot be done vs. a Huracan? No. But the Huracan is more controllable because of grip. Does this mean that a 1200 hp Huracan is as good as,a factory car? Normally not, it is just not as bad as its rwd counterpart would be. But hey, I digress.

Do I like the sound? Not really. I don't care forcthe way the turbo muffles the intake noise, which is without a dout the most important part of this engines sound signature.

Lastly there us the lag and reduced engine flair. This engine WILL have lag. It will suffer from both threshold lag and lag under boost. This also means that the flair rate, the responsiveness of the engine suffers. Like with the Lusso, FF, and 812, a big part of what makes this engine fun, is its agility. Don't bother trying to convince me that it retains its free revving character, because I know it does not. That would mean you found a way to change the laws of physics. No dice.

So while we car all argue about whether or not this is an abomination and a disgrace to the Pinin badge, it is hard to argue against the fact that this car is now a bomb waiting to go off, and that it is not as good of a driver as it once was.

You asked about an opinion and thoughts? Well, that's about it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3POINT8, Lukeylikey, 350MH83 and 6 others like this.
  24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Where there's smoke there's usually fire. Those of us who have spent time around bodybuilders and weightlifters, also know some tell-tale signs. Rule number one in the world illegal supplements. Where there is illegal performance enhancers, there's also other illegal drugs. Same ballpark and same business.
    No doubt that some of these guys look juiced to the gills, including the owner. His day will come I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    #25 Altoria F, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    I like very much PF but for the rest I agree 100%.
    I spend 3-4 years building a "reliable" (true)1000hp (1150Nm) 997.1TT.
    I bent oem forged conrods, blew headgaskets, cracked some liners, broke some axles (never launch from a dig though), broke 2 gearboxes and ended up with straight cut gears, custom twin disc clutch, etc...
    Special cams, long time tuning to keep nice powerband (hard to preserve fun and nice top end with highly turboed engines).
    Coilovers, sway bars, bushings, upgraded brakes, corner balance, special alignement...
    The car is a 4wd, runs only MPSC2 and is able to brake the grip in 4rth on a dry road by 20°C AT if they are not warm. Stupid fast of course.
    But I will never do that on a Fcar, even if it was 4wd. I don't even think about it.
    The Fcar N/A engines responsiveness is probably the first interest in them and is more important than stupid power. (Knowing both)
    That said, the work on this F12 appears pretty clean from what we can see.

titanio360 and Bas like this.