Tweed hacking jacket what is poachers pocket | FerrariChat

Tweed hacking jacket what is poachers pocket

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by bitzman, Feb 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I bought a suit jacket type tweed jacket w/o matching pants. It had the two side pockets slanted like I heard hacking jackets have, But didn't have a deep pocket inside called poacher's pocket. Is there such a pocket, lined so if you put a dead bird in it it won't leak? i don't think it's a true hacking jacket unless it has that. they also have a way to button the collar flaps if it gets a bit bit nippy.

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Here's the picture. The poor boy's hat doesn't quite match. I don't lno of it's a sartorial sin if it doesn't. I didn't get to test if the tails of the jacket splay out behind you (without being wrinkled later) when you ride because the ranch i visit only has racing horses and if you go on them they only know one speed--full throttle, too much for me to handle at my age (north of 75...)
    I'd like to add breeches, never seen them for sale in resale shops, not sure if they have to be flared like jodhpurs and riding boots, but not sure if you'd look silly wearing those if there's no horses around. I consider this outfit ideal for driving an english sports car on a crisp fall morning like I used to see them at th Franklin Cider Mill in Michigan.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ronfrohock likes this.