Tulsa - Malaysian GP and Things to Do | FerrariChat

Tulsa - Malaysian GP and Things to Do

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by FastLapp, Mar 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    I've been working in Tulsa for the past five months (weekdays only). I haven't really been able to see much of the city unfortunately, but from what I have seen, I really like it. So, I am finally going to stay a weekend..and have a couple of questions:

First, I'm going to be there the weekend of 03/28, which is the weekend of the Malaysian Grand Prix. I can't for the life of me find a hotel with NBC Sports channel. Does anyone know of good bar/restaurant to watch the race? There's a replay at 1:30pm CDT.

Second, looking to have some auto related fun. Are there any local car meets going on that weekend? Also, any karting tracks that rent karts?

Thanks!

2. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Porsche club meets for breakfast every Saturday morning 8am at Wild Fork restaurant in Utica Square. At least one Fcar owner is a regular. Also caffeine and gasoline meetings Saturday morning every other weekend perhaps. I know they met last weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    JRP raceway in west Tulsa rents karts by the hour

4. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Check out Hallet motor racing circuit website for their schedule of track events

5. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Thanks for the replies! I am defininitely going to do JRP. $35 for 20 minutes of track time is a pretty good deal.

6. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    JRP raceway was a blast. Really nice owner too. Saw a Qvale Mangusta while I was there. Thanks again for the tips!

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    There was lots of gathering, and events. Unfortunately you posted on the wrong section i think. Should have posted in the Asian section, and they will be loads of Fchat member willing to help you out :)

Maybe next year ;)

8. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott