Taken Off Market - Tudor Black Bay 41 79230N | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market Tudor Black Bay 41 79230N

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by davew, Apr 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White
    So, I decided to buy my son a Tudor watch for his college graduation. Went to the jeweler, bought the watch and after I got home I realize that I had bought the Black Bay 41 and not the Black Bay 58. I really did not realize at the time that there were two different models. Anyway, since the first watch had been sized (three links removed) it could not be exchanged. I bought a BB58 to give to my son and now have this brand new BB41. Thought I would see if anyone here is interested in such a watch. I paid list ($3800.00) and will take $3250.00 if we can do transaction without undo fees. Watch is unworn, exactly as purchased from authorized jeweler 3/21/2021.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

pilotoCS likes this.
  2. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Great watch, interesting that your son wants the smaller version ?

3. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White
    I don’t think he had a huge preference between the two, it was more me. I had the BB58 in mind for him, was disappointed in my mistake, and wanted it just right in light of this being a special occasion. I should probably keep the BB41 for myself, it will hopefully keep its value if I keep/wear it for a few years.

Rory J and koisokok like this.
  4. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Or give your son his choice between the two?

5. Joseph_Maniaci

Joseph_Maniaci Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I had that piece, only the initial model with the black bezel, the "smile" dial, and the ETA movement, which they only made for around six months. It's a terrific watch but the case is thick and it actually wears bigger (at least to me) than a 42mm Rolex Explorer II daily beater. I think a lot of the success of the "58" has to do with the more manageable dimensions, which also better fit the vintage vibe of the watch. I bought my brother the same watch you have for his 50th b-day and he wears it every day. I like it because it doesn't have some of the "baggage" that goes along with wearing a Rolex (which my brother would never wear) and when you see someone wearing a Tudor you can usually bet that they're more a watch enthusiast than a brand snob. $3,250 is a great price BTW!

If you choose to keep it, I think you'll be surprised at how little the value changes over time, particularly as the Tudor brand continues to grab market share and stainless Rolex's remain nearly impossible to buy at MSRP.

Il Tifoso and davew like this.
  6. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White
    Thanks for your suggestion, that is what I did, and he is solidly in the camp of the BB58. I also gave him the option of the Breitling Superocean but the BB won.

Rory J likes this.
  7. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White
    Thank you for your input.

8. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    I just bought this.watch but with the blue bezel and blue leather band for our son for graduation. Did yours come with the leather band too, or just the metal bracelet?

9. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White
    This one only came with the stainless bracelet.