TSN/JV's angry take on MS legacy | Page 4 | FerrariChat

TSN/JV's angry take on MS legacy

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RocketBoy, Aug 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Brian,

Senna did get punished by the FIA in 1989 when Prost turned into him at Suzuka and basically the FIA took away the race win from him and gave it to Alessandro Nanni. Therefore the FIA helped manipulate the 89 Championship in Prost's favor. After the pole was moved on Senna in 1990 at Suzuka, Senna stated that if he starts from the dirty side of the track and Prost is ahead, Prost better watch out. Senna crashed him on purpose as a payback for 89. What Senna did was not right.

The difference is that MS has a history of dirty tricks, not just 94 or 97. The fact that he is an outstanding talent we have no disagreement on. The fact that the guy has throughout his career made far more mistakes than previous World Championships is a question of how he will be remembered. Saying that, JV is not 1/10 the driver, and MS will be remembered as the best driver of his generation.

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

i do agree Tony. but what i'm saying is, Senna died in a tragic accident that basiclly ' covered up ' what all he did. with all due respect, i'm a senna fan as well, i was very very young at the time he was at his peak, and at the time when he died, and it's a big regret for me ;) but having said that, i learnt a lot about senna when i did researches and read many sites dedicated to senna. i've watched tonnes of vid as well. but not many sites have said about what senna did. even if the site did mention that, it was more like a very minor issue, nothing big like what schumi did in Jerez.

sure, i'm a big schumi fan for years now. but i don't agree with many things that he did, for example, the 97 incident. the FIA was correct to punish him. aside from this year's monaco incident, i don't think schumi has other history of his dirty tricks. hockenheim '01 when he shut off his engine to get a restart after that big accident with burti....i don't think thats cheating. that kinda thing happens in every sport. also those mysterious ' spins ' both he and rubens had in silverstone '04...to delay the quali slot or something. i don;t take that as cheating as well.

thing here is, most ppl would like to focus on the bad things that he's done, and not the good things. i'm pretty sure, deep down, MS is not proud of it one bit at all. have a nice day anyways :)

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    You as well Brian, thank you.

F1 would be a lot more boring without MS, that is for sure.

4. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

no prob Tony. hehe..but regarding ur 2nd statement w/out MS, i think we got a brief picture of whats life gonna be w/out MS in the last race at HUngary... ;)

5. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Jacques who?

I remember a Gilles Villeneuve, who is Jacques?

6. robertjaiken

robertjaiken Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Has anyone ever heard JV say anything nice about anybody?

He is a bitter little man, who, at the end of his career, has to leave the stage while taking a swipe at the greatest driver of his generation.

Sorry, Jacques. I am afraid it is you who everyone will so quickly forget about...

7. robertjaiken

robertjaiken Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    I have just read the full interview in F1 Racing, and to be honest, JV must be cringing at the moment, because some of the things he says are, quite frankly, the most stupid things I have ever heard, especially coming from someone who claims to be 'intelligent'.

He starts ranting on about how F1 drivers can't have a glorious death, and if someone was to die on the track now, that it would be a stupid mistake, as F1 is so boring and safe, and noone takes risks.

Well, I have to say that I have seen some incredible overtaking manoeovers this season, and towards the end of last season. JV - Watch the Japanese GP last year at Suzuka and tell me it was risk free - I've never seen you overtake someone round the outside of the 130R before, as Alonso did on MS last year - or how about Kimi's over take, again on the outside, of MS on the run down to Eau Rouge at Spa '05. It is with the improvements of the cars that young talented drivers such as Kimi and Alonso can take these risks - risks that before would have possibly ended the lives of racing drivers. Personally I am glad that I can watch the sport that I love without being overly concerned that the race will end in, as you might put it, a 'heroic' death, such as Senna's (Hardly heroic, as he died after going straight on at the Tamburello corner).

Wouldn't we all have rather seen a Senna/Schumacher battle, rather than Schumacher dominance over the past decade - and that's coming from a Schumacher Fan (and a Senna Fan) - beacuse Lord knows, you didn't give him a run for his money....

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Excellent post Robert.

9. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Robert, you're spot-on. I have a feeling that we're seeing JV's true personality "shine" through. When he used to have top machinery--Players, Williams--he was a true racer. But ever since he followed his manager's advice to follow the money, we've seen the true Jacques, the spoiled legacy who used his family's name and money to go car racing. He's always had that thing about racing being too safe today. Granted, he was one of the few who used to love trying to take Eau Rouge flat, but then again, he destroyed a bit of machinery doing it. Enjoy your music career, Jacques.

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I wonder what Gilles would say if he were alive today. No wonder JV's uncle Jacques thought he was a bit of a wanker back in the mid 90's when he basically wrote off visiting his family back in Canada.

I always thought Craig Pollock was a bit of a tool anyway. Pretty boy was more interested in his tan rather than running BAR the way an operator like Dave Richards handled it.

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Did he crash there more than once?

The one year I remember his team mate also crashed, but both accidents were basically because the cars were set up too low and they bottomed out. Not driver error.

Apart from that: You can't really blame a racer going for it in Eau Rouge. The field has too many Ralfs just droning around.

12. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    That was me paying him a compliment. I know Jacques has wrecked there more than once. How, when and why has been replaced in my memory banks by more pressing needs, like pizza delivery numbers.

13. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

very true Tony.

14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    thanks brian, how are things in Malaysia, will be there soon.

15. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

no probs. things are fine here. pretty hot...as usual. you'll be here soon? PM me ur details, i live near Kuala Lumpur. it would be a pleasure to meet up.

16. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I will let you know as soon as my schedule is updated with my business associates in Malaysia.

17. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

aights. no prob. it's a food heaven here ;)