Tried the WII yet??? | FerrariChat

Tried the WII yet???

Discussion in 'Technology' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Dec 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Tried my sons best friends. Had a lot of fun with the golf and bowling. I was amazed how interactive the controller is and how you must really move your arm to mimick the motions of the real thing. I even caught myself starting a five step bowling approach...............

2. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Isn't it a blast?

Try this - get some friends over... YOUR age friends, not kids! Get 4 controllers, and fire up a game of tennis. Its a hoot!

And boxing is pretty fun too... as is baseball. But you will waste HOURS playing tennis with each other, and get a little workout too!

I heard a review where they said that the controller on the Wii was the 4th dimension... meaning that as big an innovation going from 2D 1980's games to 3D 21st C games, the Wii controller was a similar leap. I have to say I am really starting to agree. I think the PS3 will get off to a good headstart because people will fawn over the graphics, but the Wii is going to be the comeback kid. I have a very strong feeling that the Wii is seriously going to revolutionize the home gaming market. After owning a Wii for about 2 weeks, it really IS a revolution over whats out there now. The games are so much more immersive and enjoyable when you can focus on PLAYING the *game* rather than learning how to time button presses trying to use a digital interface to an analog game.

3. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    I haven't had a chance to play it but I've been curious about how accurate the movement you make is to the actual movement on the game.

4. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003

I have not played it but know others who have. Like the above says its not some "POWER GLOVE" redux. The thing acctually works.

5. audihenry

audihenry Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Henry
    I'm going to wait for the prices to stabilize, so after new years day. :)

6. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    You can pick up Wii's anywhere - they are not in short supply. Local BestBuy gets 'em every friday, never sells out before noon. CC has had them last 2 Saturdays, same with Walmart.

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I have only played the dud Motor Storm game, but I was still very impressed with the controls. I'd like to get one, but I have to wait until my wife forgets that I just got a system... ;)

8. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    picked up a Wii last week, lotta fun.

i primarily got it because i think the gf was getting tired of watching me play "silly car games" on the playstation, and after reading up about the Wii i figgered it might be something she could play too.

well, i was right! the first weekend we had it at her parent's place, it was on nearly the whole weekend, i played for about 2 hours (busted ankle didn't help :( ) but she almost never left the thing alone!

good to have a fun little system that is a social event in a box, and gets you off the couch at the same time. :cool:

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    An interesting blog on the woahs of Wii ownership.

www.wiihaveaproblem.com

I'm going to try to get my hands on one this weekend.

10. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    The movement of a golf swing is crazy. You can slice, hook or hit it straight depending on how you follow through and the speed at which you swing. Overswing the speed and duckhook it into the lake.

Bowling. Start off like you would with a bowling ball in your hand and your ball hand palm up like you are holding the ball. As you swing come out like you are shaking hands with the ball hand extended. It will cause the ball to break into the pocket. You line yourself up on marks just like at a bowling alley and attempt to roll the ball over your marks. The spares are realistic. I picked up a 4-10 split the other day. Coooollll!!!!!

Nintendo just issued 3.2 million new controller straps as a good number of people have had their strap break during a quick movement and fly into the TV screen, breaking it(the TV screen).

11. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Spam removed.

12. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Thanks,

You can find them all over the place for a whole lot less than that......

13. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    none this would be happening if people would just realise that when your playing Wii Baseball you dont swing the Wiimote as if your actually playing baseball. You just need to swing it lightly...

14. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Now that I have my PS3, I have held my self back from buying another system right now, which means that I am always in Gamestop bowling on the Wii. I'll pick one up later next year, but the occasional bowling at Gamestop is OK for me now.

-John