Traveling to Rome - worth the drive to Maranello for a factory tour? | FerrariChat

Traveling to Rome - worth the drive to Maranello for a factory tour?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by NETbilling, Jul 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NETbilling

NETbilling Rookie

Mar 12, 2013
    Hi All,

We are Traveling to Rome. Is it worth the 4 hour drive to Maranello for a factory tour?
    I have seen very mixed reviews. Is there a different more in depth tour for Ferrari owners such as myself?

Thanks, Mitch

2. York

York Rookie

Jul 30, 2013
    I went there in the beginning of the summer and did a full day experience. I thought it was very cool to see Maranello: have lunch where the professional test drivers eat, see Enzo Ferrari's office and the learn more about the history. Of course did we cruising around the green hills also. The car that is included in the package is a F430 but you can upgrade to another model if you want. I booked the day with Livitaly (LivItaly Tours - Vatican Tours, Rome Tours, Italy Tours) because they were recommended to me. Everything went smooth and they were very flexible. We had blast!

3. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    i will be in rome in a few days as well!
    unfortunately, the factory is closed in august! :(

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Not even owners can just turn up & tour the factory - it needs to be arranged via your dealer or importer with a few weeks or months notice - you can visit a bunch of other stuff such as the museum & birthplace etc separately so some folk are happy to spend a couple of days in the area - there's loads of other threads covering things to do & see & how to do it

5. NETbilling

NETbilling Rookie

Mar 12, 2013
    Thanks for the info!!

6. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Yep and even then it can't be last minute or even a week out. Do it early.

I did a small vacation to Europe back last fall, took the train from Munich to bologna, rented a car and stayed in Pisa for two days, I wanted to see the tower it was cool. Then the first day drove up to see the lambo factory and the second day we went to the Ferrari factory and the third day as well and stayed in maranello. The it was off to Rome via train. I didn't get to tour the factory but I still enjoyed just going there.

7. Cubes

Cubes Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Tracey B.
    If yu can get a tour arranged through your dealer (well in advance), it is DEFINITELY worthwhile. Consider taking a train to Modena and a cab into Maranello, maybe staying overnight there (Planet Hotel). You don't really need a car there, esp. for a brief visit.

Even if you can't get the full factory tour, the museum & just "being there" are pretty special too.