Trade my Gated 360 for a Lamborghini Gallardo? | FerrariChat

Trade my Gated 360 for a Lamborghini Gallardo?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 328Stuts, Aug 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 328Stuts

328Stuts Karting

Aug 17, 2013
    TN
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My 2000 360 gated has 32k miles, all records and major done just 3k miles ago.
    It’s super clean has all manuals fobs etc..

I have an opportunity to trade for a 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo...

I’ve always been a Ferrari guy, but I’m considering the change up just for something different..

Opinions? Anyone done it and wish they hadn’t?

2. driller1

driller1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 14, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Is the Gallardo egear or gated?
    Guess that question is a moot point, either way I would never make that swap.
    Im definitely bias towards Ferrari, but the 360 is a timeless design.

3. 328Stuts

328Stuts Karting

Aug 17, 2013
    TN
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It’s Egear... but I agree on the 360 design...
    if I had the garage space. I’d do both

4. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I love a lot of the Lambos, but I’d never buy a Gallardo. IMHO it’s the second ugliest ever after the Urus.

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    You need to go for a 2009+ car.....completely different than the earlier ones. Extremely fun to drive.

jehu999 likes this.
  6. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Would I trade my Ferrari (insert model here) for a Lamborghini (insert model here)?

Nope.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

daveyator and KC360 FL like this.
  7. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    I would keep the 360 any day of the week.

8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    For an eGear? I wouldn't do it personally.

Gated to gated I'd consider it, but not for an eGear. In general Gallardo's don't handle that well in my experience with them. 360 is more nimble. Of course they got it right with the Huracan.

jehu999 likes this.
  9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I can understand the attraction as i do love the looks of the Gallardo, but as a gated owner, I would never swap my gated anything for an eGarbage car. Since half of all Lambos ever created are Gallardos, you'll lose your shirt on depreciation vs. the gated of either model also. Keep your 360 and wait for Gallardo values to plummet. That way you will still have a car that's fun to drive and save $$$for when the eCrap takes one.

328Stuts and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  10. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Jus for fun, ask the same question on the Lambo Forum and see what you get?

11. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Just make sure you drive one before. Power wise it will be a significant difference. However in my experience I have always felt like the gallardo handled like a truck in comparison to the Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    You posted on a Ferrari forum and the results were as expected. Go for it if you want to, you only live once.

blackbolt22 likes this.
  13. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    I would keep the Ferrari. Here is my experience. I switched from Corvette to Viper in 1995. Wound up with a 2009 Viper until I decided to add a “exotic” a few years ago. I always thought a Lambo was the car I would get in my price range, so I bought a 2004 Gallardo. First problem, no Lambo doors, but before buying I thought that would just be one less problem. I’ve had Vertical doors added to cars and had issues. The e-gear was the big problem. According to instructions and videos the procedure was to put it in neutral when stopping, then when starting to go, shift to first, feather the gas peddle to start going. It always felt like I was learning to drive a stick shift without a clutch. Jerking, etc. I was told I would get used to it. Found out that it had a single clutch, and they switched to duel clutches in 2009. I did not get used to it and sold it. I then decided to get a 2005 Ferrari F-430 and was assured by the owner that the transmission would not be a problem. I bought it on-line and had it transported. Manual says no need to go to neutral at stops. This car is so smooth at start from a stop, you would think you actually are letting off of a clutch pedal. 100 percent better than Lambo. Also, I will admit that I drive these cars for the attention and like to see people’s reaction to seeing the car (not me) the car.
    Viper – most see and say “what is that?”. Women don’t bother to look.
    Lambo – Most see and say “is that the new Corvette?”. Women look and express confusion.
    Ferrari – Most see and say “man that is a beautiful Ferrari”. Women know exactly what it is and love it.
    Of all the cars I have had, the Ferrari is my favorite.

Apollo 11 likes this.
  14. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    LOL.....

f355spider likes this.
  15. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    +1 (lol)
    As much as I love my 3 pedal 360 I would trade it in a heartbeat for a 3 pedal Murci, >2009 G, Huracon or Aventador

16. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    Not only no, But HELL NO!!

Have you Driven a 2006 gallardo? I agree with CarAholic, It does handle like a truck. Not even a good truck, Like a truck that has suspension problems.

Robb, 328Stuts and Apollo 11 like this.
  17. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I thought about putting in a Miura instead of an Aventador, but that would be just too crazy....

18. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Drive one before you buy it. I found it incredibly boring to drive. I test drove the 360 and Gallardo the first time on the same day. I had full intentions of getting a Gallardo. I had even put in an offer on one. Not after driving one. Now a murci on the other hand....

19. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Would I trade a gated 360 for:

A 350GT? Yes!!
    A 400GT? Yes!!!!
    A Muira, any variant? Oh My God YES!!!
    An Espada... maybe. It’s quirky enough that I might.
    A Jalpa, no.

Anything Countach and forward, sorry. No. Investment potential of the early LP400’s aside, I just don’t like them. That includes Diablo, Huracan, Aventador, all of them. Sorry.

After 1974 Lambo went down a design path that lost me entirely.

They may be incredible pieces of engineering (Audi’s) but I need more than that.

efg2014 likes this.
  20. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I’d consider it, gated to gated, 2006+
    Not an 04 e gear, for example.

Although a superleggera would be very tempting....but my next exotic will be a convertible.

21. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I agree with th general sense of your post, although I’m less optimistic of the resale values delta between the 360 and gallardo. my hunch is, they’re on the same trajectory, once you step out of the fchat isolation booth.

22. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Some of the pre-Audis are rolling works of art...not a single bad angle on a Diablo Roadster...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

APA#1, hessank and Dewinator like this.
  23. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I'm looking for a Celeste Phoebe Gallardo Spyder to add to the garage, but I would not sell my Grigio Alloy 360 Spider. I look at each as quite different cars from a design standpoint. To me, the Gallardo is a folded piece of Origami vs the Sexy Curves of the Ferrari. Presently the Gallardos are overpriced (in my opinion) and dollar for dollar you are looking at 430 money to buy in. Many are putting aftermarket ('09+) noses on their '04-'08's which I understand, but I still prefer the simplicity of the earlier nose.

What I like about the Gallardo is that its not an aggressive, scissor door, in your face design; especially in the light blue I'm looking for. I did look at a triple black '08 with updated nose (and wing) and I thought it was a bit too sinister for my taste; but it was a nice car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login [​IMG]

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  24. dang2407

dang2407 Karting

Apr 29, 2017
    SW France
    I have both, a 2000 Modena 360 and a 2011 Gallardo LP550-2 coupe. Both RWD, both stick manuals, both stock apart from both have sports exhausts and lithium batteries. Both amazing cars.

Some random thoughts....
    Sound: V10 Lambo wins. One disappointment with the 360 is that the induction noise sounds like a 4-cylinder. On the plus side, the 360 exhaust sounds better at low rpm than the Lambo.
    Exterior looks: Both a bit lacking. From certain angles, both do look appealing, but only from certain angles... I added the SL carbon sideskirts and rear-diffuser to the Gallardo, and the Challenge grill to the 360 - both mods help a lot.
    Engine bay: 360 wins - what a work of art. Lambo engine bay is a bit obscured and you dont see much.
    Interior: Lambo wins as the 360 is a bit bland - apart from the Ferrari badge it isnt anything special.
    Straight-line Performance: Lambo wins but it does have 150bhp more, and 10 years advance in technology.
    Handling and driver feedback: the 360 wins as it feels lighter, and more nimble. For sheer driving pleasure on a twisty road, the 360 wins you over with involvement and sensory immersion. 400bhp is plenty and even on the track both cars would outperform the non-professional human driver. The drawback of the Lambo is that it has 10 years of refinement in sound-deadening and driver-'ease', which for me isnt a good thing - I want noise and vibration. Having said that, when the V10 exhaust flaps open... OMG.
    Sense of occasion: the Lambo wins - you feel you are in something special.

If the govt said I could have only one non-DD car, which would I keep? Tough choice - although the Ferrari is better as a Driver's car, the sense of occasion and the engine noise would swing it for me to the Gallardo. This is ignoring costs, value etc....

25. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I too think the Diablo Roadster is one of the most phenomenal looking cars on the planet.
    I once rode in one for about an hour. I'm 5'8" and I couldn't straighten out my little legs in the passenger seat, even with the seat all the way back. The car was so loud, and all the vibration, I ended up with a huge headache.

Dewinator likes this.