Tracker on a 456 | FerrariChat

Tracker on a 456

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Robert Stokes, Jun 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robert Stokes

Robert Stokes Rookie

Apr 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert Stokes
    Fitting a Tracker unit to my 456 we get strong electrical interference to the GPS transmitter. We have moved the tracker unit from under the dashboard to the boot (trunk) but no improvement. If I use an iPhone with GPS navigation and fix it to the windscreen we get the same problem.
    Why does my 456 have such strong electrical interference with GPS transmitters? Is this normal? Is there a cure?
    Bob Stokes

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Surely your insurers haven't asked for this ? 456 value isn't that high

3. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    #3 lm2504me, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    I used this for my 1978 308. It works with GPS and Cellular 4G. 20.00 a month for 1 minute updates.
    I like the peace of mind it gives me.

https://amcrest.com/am-gl300w-4g-real-time-gps-tracker-with-ip67-waterproof-magnetic-case-am-gl300w-4g-am-gl-hm3g-v3.html

Used the below item to maintain power to the tracker. Even if battery is disconnected, the tracker has a 2 week Li battery.

It beats putting an alarm system on the Ferrari and you get text messages to tell you when your car has moved. I have the app on my phone to see where it is and notify the police.

[​IMG]