Track days at NYST - close enough? | FerrariChat

Track days at NYST - close enough?

Discussion in 'New England' started by 71Satisfaction, May 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    I thought I'd share this track event here for anyone in the area close enough to Upstate NY.
    If this is not appropriate, please delete.

This was a blast last summer at NYST in Harpersfield NY. About an hour west of Albany on the crest of a hill with private aircraft runway access.
    The track is 2 miles, 18 turns, 450ft elevation change. Not a lot of runoff area. Probably a lot like Palmer, MA. It was an informal, fun day of track driving against the clock, with a timed session.
    Here's a link to a "teaser" video of the track: https://youtu.be/fl8kYMOhwrY

NECC Motorsports hosts two track days Saturday June 25th and August 27th, 2016.
    Link to the club and signup information for anyone wanting to attend: NECC Motorsports!

I have no affiliation to the club or track, I just attend their two NYST track days and wanted to share the fun.
    Cheers,
    - Art

2. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #2 Peter K., May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    This 10min from my brother summer home. Just discovered it last year. We nearly crapped when we saw something that close. Nice drive off the Thruway.
    Though I have retired from motorcycle roadracing, we have talked about taking our Vipers there.

Bikes sure would be cool tho!

Would love to buy land and summer home up there and pave a track on a mountain side :)

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I ran it 2 yearsa ago, great track for a small car. In the lotus even the straight is mostly 3rd gear and the rest of the track 2 and 3. Not really for big cars at all. Think of it as a mini Glenn.