"Toys for Tots" run | Page 7 | FerrariChat

"Toys for Tots" run

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WDR328, Nov 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose

NOPE, It was just the only RED Ferrari there--but is was outstanding!

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Looks like a fun time, sorry I missed it!

Is that the same parking lot where we met up for the Strade di Autunno? If so, is there a donut store near there? Seems to always be some fuzz around...

3. B.Ratcliff

B.Ratcliff Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 23, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    B. Ratcliff
    Thanks Don for pulling this off. This was a great way to have fun and share our blessings with the less fortunate during Christmas. God Bless everyone for their generosity.

4. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    Well, looks like I couldn't get enough of Greenville yesterday. Today Judith an dI woke up to find that we left Natalie's baby bag, with Judith's wallet inside, at Chili's :eek:. So I drove back there today to get it. 148 miles there and back from my house. I averaged 71 MPH, and 30.8 MPG. Not bad after getting some haevy traffic from the Toys run the Harley guys had today :) It was a pleasure participating in the run and a joy to give my humble contribution to the kids. Thanks Don for the opportunity. :)

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Don & Carolyn -

Sorry we couldn't make it - looked like fun and definitely worthwhile. The laminate flooring in the new house is now down (btw it looks really nice).

I guess it's safe to assume that this has become an "annual" event to mark on the calendars? I'd like to make an additional suggestion to supplement the "Toys for Tots" - in that we also include some of the "no kill" shelters or similar animal rescue organizations with donations at the same time donations are taken for kids. Heaven knows there's so many of these groups that do great work and need a little assistance in the form of cash, food, etc..

Next year at this time Sophia shouldn't be vacationing at Norwood's so we'll definitely have a red Ferrari there.

Thanks
    Carol

Rexcat458 likes this.
  6. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Nice job Don and company, good cause, congrats to all.

7. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    Same spot as before. There were also two cops circling the cars at Chili's. One of them said there was lots of radio chatter about the Ferrari's in town. He asked me what car was mine and I pointed out the 330. I told him I was saving up for a newer Ferrari like other cars and he was nice and consoled me by saying that he sometimes likes old stuff as well.

Thanks for putting it together Don

8. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Thanks I was only joking about the red ferrari thing.

9. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    That's classic. :D

10. stewf

stewf Karting

Dec 5, 2005
    Lewisville/N. Cali
    Full Name:
    Stew F
    Great event Don, I enjoyed being a part of it.

Great pics by everyone - it looks like they came out a bit better than mine.

I look forward to seeing you guys and more at another event soon...

Stew

11. Dusty @ MVP

Dusty @ MVP Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    Paradise, TX
    Full Name:
    Dusty Womack

That is something I passionately support. Talk about helpless...I have a real soft spot for animals, especially dogs & cats. I have taken in about 10 strays and rescued a couple from pounds.

Regards,

Dusty

Rexcat458 likes this.
  12. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Dusty - thanks for the response for my suggestion - it's really great to see that someone else is caring and supports a great cause. Those who can not speak for themselves need our help. I know with just a little bit of work, we could provide support to several organizations. Thank you for caring.

Carol

Rexcat458 likes this.
  13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    One helluva necro-bump, but someone Saturday wanted to see a pic from the first Toy Run. Here's the thread.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  14. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    SAFE4NOW likes this.
  15. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Great idea to include some no-kill animal rescue organisations… My mum would be the first to say that I’ve been rescuing homeless pets since I was a wee lad in primary school… Count me in for next year and I have a RC ‘15 458 Italia to bring to the event.

Cheers!

16. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    FYI, this thread is 17 years old….

vraa and SAFE4NOW like this.
  17. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nothing says older events/ideas can’t be resurrected, or new events established. All it takes is a few members who are passionate about the cause of homeless pets and are willing to do the heavy lifting to get it organised and promoted.

There are many FCA members who have pets and may be willing to help support a worthy cause like no-kill animal shelters in our area, that help homeless pets find a new forever home.

This could be done in conjunction with another FCA event, or as a stand alone event. Humm…

Image Unavailable, Please Login

“Reese” one of the dozens of homeless pets I have rescued and found a new forever home over the last 55 years.

Cheers!

vraa likes this.