"Toys for Tots" run | Page 6 | FerrariChat

"Toys for Tots" run

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WDR328, Nov 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    George, I just read your post. Can you call me and maybe we can figure something out his evening. 469.235.5639

2. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    I have total faith in my ACME supplied weather pronosticating TEALEAVES. It is not going to rain. There may be a periodic light spattering, but nothing more than getting the cars dirty. Believe me if I thought there was going to be some nasty stuff I would not have two cars in the field. If there are any questions or anybody has any reservations call me in the morning. Dusty is going to call about 7AM to get the local conditions and the forecast. If any body else wants to call please feel free to do so.

3. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Sorry for the additional post but it is imperative that we leave at 9:30! That gives us a little lea way in the event that there are some hold ups.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I just loaded the car full of toys. Well, as full as I could get it and still carry 2 passengers. The good news is, it's already dirty from the drive on Tuesday night.

5. M512

M512 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M512
    My friend Tony and his Supra are on the way from Houston. We should have a good turnout!

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    GO TO BED ALL, SEE YOU IN THE MORNING!

7. Dusty @ MVP

Dusty @ MVP Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    Paradise, TX
    Full Name:
    Dusty Womack
    I hope the weather improves here, its been drizzling for 2+ hours. Hopefully see everyone tomorrow! (Well...today technically...)

Regards,

Dusty

8. M512

M512 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M512
    Doppler Radar that I'm looking at, looks good. Plenty of cloud cover, but no significant showers to speak of. The main batch of showers look like they went S/E overnight and are now S/E of Tyler.

See you at 9 am Dusty!

9. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    My wife, Natalie and me are getting ready to go. See you there guys.

10. Dusty @ MVP

Dusty @ MVP Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    Paradise, TX
    Full Name:
    Dusty Womack
    My area took some drizzle and our roads are still wet. My car is going to be dirty but we'll be there!

Dusty

11. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Wake up! Time to get this toy drive going!

12. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    I will be there rain or shine.

13. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Many of you guys know where I live and it did not rain all night. There are a few scattered showers but they went from Plano to Lucas across Lavon and north of Greenville. Looks like the harmonic convergence and the tea leaves worked. See all of you at 9.

14. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    I just received a call from Stacy at Boardwalk and they are participating!!

15. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    Big thanks to Don for organizing the toy run. It was great we had as many participants as we did given the cold weather conditions. The toy pile was pretty impressive - kudos to the gift givers in their selections and generosity. The woman from the Salvation Army mentioned to me they have 50 unclaimed giving tags on their tree and that our donation would fill the gap.

Thanks again Don and look forward to seeing everyone again at the next Fine Dining event on Saturday, Jan 28 (if not sooner).

16. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #141 GrigioGuy, Dec 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. M512

M512 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M512
    Thanks for everyone who showed up and donated their time, their toys, and some small toys for the kids!

Special thanks to Martin, for donating his big toy to the event. A bit strange, but it was the only red Ferrari at the event!

18. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Then it must have been the only Ferrari there then???????

19. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  20. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Thanks Don and Mark for the planning, it was a lot of fun for a December drive. I was amazed at the pile of toys! The picture of everyone warming their hands over Janos car pretty much sums up the weather.

I turned my son loose with my camera, I have no idea what we've got. I'll go through them this weekend and post whatever came out.

21. Dusty @ MVP

Dusty @ MVP Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    Paradise, TX
    Full Name:
    Dusty Womack
    Looks like the meet was great! I am sick I did not get to go. We made it about 15 miles out and my 6-speed shifter gave out. I could no longer shift to 5th and 6th gears so that was that, we turned around. I had 4 cars coming (including mine) but no one wanted to go if I couldn't because they didn't know anyone. I tried to convince them to go on but it was no use.

I got back to the shop and tried to fix it but the bushing at the bottom of the shifter is in 2 pieces so there was no way to make it today. It looks like I really missed out on a good time and a chance to help the kids. :(

Thanks Don & Mark for organizing the meet and for your time on the phone. I will definitely be at the next event!

Regards,

Dusty

22. M512

M512 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M512
    Sorry you couldn't make it Dusty (and crew). It was a good turnout and well worth our time and effort. The big pile of toys says it all! :D

Mark

23. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Ladies and Gentlemen--let me thank you all! You are an outstanding group of people!!!
    I would like to thank a few people that made this whole thing work--
    First, Mark Alderson for jumping in the dreaded Mazda and putting up with the poor lighting and me in order to scribe the initial route in order to put the run together. We did not start untill 2 PM last Saturday and we had the route done by about 10PM that night. THANKS MARK.
    To Stacy and Stewart from BOARDWALK FERRARI for the unexpected participation--thumbs up to you folks. The Masers looked great!!!
    Most important to the group of people that make up the FCA-DFW chapter-you guys/gals are the best. David, Will, Nicola, Manny for coming from the far reaches of the west, to Dusty who broke a shifter and could not make it but gave it the old college try.
    The big thank you goes to all of you that made the run and the collection so succesfull---you folks are the greatest!!!!
    A few statistics for your edification;
    Total number of toys donated--in excess of 125
    Total number of cars participating----17
    Total amount of cash donations---$540.00
    Total number of "Angels" unfullfilled before we arrived on the scene--50
    No cars damaged, no speeding tickets, a few people lost-but all found
    I don't know how to thank all of you enough, because I don't think I have the words. God Bless all of you and may you and your families have a very merry Christmas--you made one for a lot of kids-- that you will never know!

24. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    #150 WDR328, Dec 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017