TORONTO SPRING FLING 2006!!! | Page 16 | FerrariChat

TORONTO SPRING FLING 2006!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by arshad, May 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
  2. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Chris: I sent you a PM about that guy.

Jay: Your car sounds AWESOME!

I had a good time...do we have to wait till fall to do it again?

Given the amount of effort/planning required to pull off a large group event like this, I think it's difficult to do more than 2 such large runs a season, BUT, we should totally have smaller, more impromtu get togethers with lets say 10-15 cars. MUCH easier to keep the group together that way too. One thing I'd love to do is take the wives/gf's down to Niagara-on-the-Lake through the backroads, have lunch at a nice restaurant down there, and get some pics of the cars with scenic backdrops. Come back by late afternoon.

Personally, I'm up for some fun, spirited drives in small groups at any time. The nice thing about these are that you can pretty much set it up a couple of days ahead of time as long as the group is fairly small. If we do keep the groups small, then there are a couple of people I can invite who have some very nice cars, but who prefer their anonymity and don't want the event publicized/pictures posted on the net etc. Just go for a fun drive, and enjoy the cars -- that's it.

Anyways, we should totally plan some smaller group runs. Maybe another one in a month or so?

3. Forza-Italia

Forza-Italia Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Arshad, I didn't know you hung around with drug pushers and gangsters..LOL....anyone I know?

4. DeAd-EyE

DeAd-EyE Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    I'm definitly up for a smaller run.

On a side note, my 996 Carrera is now up for sale. only 40,000 kilometes. Interested parties feel free to email me :)

With any luck there'll be a GT3 RS on next year's Spring Fling if i have anyting to say about it :)

5. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Arshad, I didn't know you hung around with drug pushers and gangsters..LOL....anyone I know?

Man, everyone's a comedian around here! I'll PM you...

6. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Im in, Sat July 1st works for me.

7. imcarthur

imcarthur Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ian
    In for Niagra & for any impromtu runs also.

I have some routes around Grimsby & Vineland for a Niagra run, Arshad. I'll email 'em.

Ian

8. CR-X

CR-X Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    I was told this was an exotic only event. If I had have known S2ks, Mustangs and a TL would show I would have too :S

9. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    It WAS an exotic run. The Mustang and TL were both camera cars that were invited specifically to shoot footage. Not sure about the S2k.

10. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    yes,Im in for the drive,just have to wait a week until my car gets fixed...

11. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Hey Ian, how about you plan this one out? :)

Sorry, I may not be able to join you guys if it's an early July run up to Niagara as the wife will be out of town. I will join you if it's just a short drive/meet through some back roads though.

12. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    Arshad,I'll find you a girlfriend?any particular choices? 17 Cuban?

13. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Bahahaha! You guys are going to get me in trouble with my wife! She already thinks I spend too much time doing "car stuff"... and now you're trying to hook me up with nubile 17 year olds! Man, this forum is a bad influence! :D

14. F430QC

F430QC Karting

Jun 1, 2006
    Full Name:
    Done
    Looks like you guys had a great time :)

I don't want to start any flame wars or anything, but I see all these posts about Exotics only, and you want to limit the cars like the Elise's but since when has a NSX been considered an Exotic????

15. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    I've got an NSX and since I organized it, I say it's an exotic -- So there :)

Actually, originally it started off as an NSX only drive, then decided to invite the Ferrari boys along, and then opened it up to other exotics. It was never an "Exotics" run, but rather a "Ferrari+NSX" run. As far as the criteria for an exotic goes, it was considered one of the few supercars to come out of Japan, and is certainly rarer than most Ferrari's. I think it qualifies...

16. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Ill take mine at 22, brunette with green eyes, tattoo on lower back and belly ring. When can i expect delivery ?

17. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    Rick you hust described the girl I brought but,29 and blonde...no problem Rick,I've got a collection and a safe house..Im separated and have 3 empty rooms at home,will rent out by the hour,b---hes included!

18. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

hahahaha.........i wish i would have looked then.....damn you, you tell me now ! 29 is still good...lol!! Ill take the hourly rate.

19. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    as far is brasil is concerned,I hope not,we play them today(Im Croatian)

20. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Better take the "by the minute rate" option Rick.

Oh and John, count me in too. I may not attend Ferrari events but I will never miss a good party ;)

21. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    everyone is a slut eh????cars and whores..NICE!!!!!oh,I forgot,soccer as well,what was I thinking..

22. imcarthur

imcarthur Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Good answer, Arshad. I know the work you put into it.

A Porsche guy? Absolute heresey. I only have 1/2 a route - maybe an hour - Hamilton to south of Vineland. We would need to link this to Niagra-on-the-Lake area. A stop at a vineyard for lunch would be ideal rather than in-town where parking is a nightmare but that too needs planning. Time is our enemy for July 1. Judging from the posts here & pm's, I would also opt for a different sort of run - more touring, slower speeds & fewer cars - wife friendly.

Ian

23. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    damn looks like i missed a good one.

24. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

it was too slow for you....lol!

25. DeAd-EyE

DeAd-EyE Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    SOLD. Lets work out a short term lease .