Tornado Won't Stop Us This Year - Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday October 14th | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Tornado Won't Stop Us This Year - Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday October 14th

Discussion in 'New England' started by AVFPolo, Sep 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I mapped out the route that we usually take and printed a few copies of the mapquest file. I figured someone might want directions in case they get separated from the pack.

2. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Great, thanks Joe.

3. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Kevin if we are on your way meet us at Summerset Square in Glastonbury, behind Max Fish, 9am. This will start the morning off right!

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350653

see post 1

Welcome.

4. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    If your going to be the sole car there, give 1-800-Bastage your # for piece of mind, or even better meet in Glastonbury.

5. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Ok. i'll go along with the GB group.
    My wife can't make it thou. I may take a co-pilot from there if I dont have a passenger with me..

6. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    OK I hate to ask this....whats the plan if we get rain in the morning? Same schedule, late departure, dd?
    wfsb = morning showers, afternoon clearing
    wtnh = nothing but sun all day, then the radar shows a large system heading our way from the Great Lakes.

any input?

7. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #57 myslow1, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    Drive whatever you're most comfortable with given the weather. DD's are ok except for Prius's and Volts. Those will likely be used for the golf cart demolition derby or as manure haulers, if any show up.

I will likely be bringing my truck (twin turbo so it should be able to keep up), if rain looks imminent in the morning, so if anyone wants to have their golf cart polo spectator chairs, etc. hauled up there rather than stuffed in your F-cars, we can toss them in the back for the ride up (it has a tonneau cover). Or in Lane's case, your wife could ride with us from Glastonbury so you don't have to listen to complaints about your seats all the way there.;-)

8. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    All,

This is the most recent (6 PM) update from a Springfield TV station:

On Sunday showers will be with us mainly during the morning otherwise skies will be mostly cloudy with a few breaks of sunshine possible during the afternoon. It'll be a much milder day with highs in the low to mid 60's.

We will be here at the farm all day so if you guys want to delay your arrival in order to minimize the probability of running in the rain that works for us. I'll leave the details to those that are planning to come up from GB.

DDs are welcome.

- Ed -

Craig, what is a Prius ???

9. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    They are those little things that are always slowing up traffic and have Obama 2008 bumper stickers on them.

We would have to remove the doors to use one for golf cart polo, so I think they would be better suited to haul any manure piles that happen to be on the polo field before the matches begin.

10. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #60 AVFPolo, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    All,

The carts have been delivered. We have seven carts - the six required for play and one spare. Last words that the owner said after turning over all sets of keys was "have a great time tomorrow." He said this even knowing how the carts are going to be treated.

All machines have passed a rigorous technical inspection that is performed to the highest of standards as specified by the American Golf Cart Polo League (AGCPL). Tires have been inflated to 20 PSI with adjustments made for the then current 49 degree F temperature and 650 foot elevation. All carts have been filled to capacity with 87 octane Cumberland Farms' fuel.

I will probably work through the night changing the shocks to optimize grip on damp surfaces. Wet weather settings if you will. This will require lots of caffeine.

Remember the old saying "rubbing is racin'"

- Ed -

PS I've always told my wife that my dream was to one day fill the garage will small, sporty cars. I guess that I should have been more specific.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Just got back from the boat trip.

I'm going to make the car call first thing tomorrow. A few sprinkles and it will be the FCar. Heavy rain and it will be the Caddy.

12. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    A little water won't hurt the Lambo. The 360 will roll rain or shine (and my driver's window doesn't even seal tight).

13. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    The 355 gets cranky in cold weather, doesn't like to start. She's quite a character....once started though, rain or shine we're making the trip!

14. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I'm excited, even with the rain, but I don't have an Fcar. Still meeting at the same time?

15. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Yup...no change in times unless EVERYONE votes to move it.

16. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Radar shows the backside moving through Springfield/Palmer about 11:30. Then some sun beginning around 1PM. I'm planning on leaving around 11;30-12 and following it east...
    See you there,

17. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I still plan to roll out of GBury at 9:30AM...

18. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    All,

AVF Rally On

There is no other way to say this - the current weather and the forecast for the next several hours sucks!!! We have a ton of food (which we can set up in one of the garages) and the golf carts are ready should anyone choose to make the run to the farm. Daily drivers are most certainly welcome. So ..... gumball.

- Ed -

19. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    sad to say that I am not goning to make GB at 8:30. I am re-evaluting the trip. My car really does not like water. Too many openings with water going everywhere.
    Not sure if this clears by 10am

20. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    I'm leaving the house now on my way to gbury. Unfortunately, I shall have to suffer with the top up. Woe is me!

21. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Patrick reevaluate the car not the trip.

22. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Ed...I'm gonna need to borrow your wetvac when I get there but...Ferrari it is.

23. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You da man Lane.

I recall you telling us Ferrari's don't melt in the rain... I was not sold, but after our trip last year to Lime Rock in the monsoon and the TR survived, I became a believer. Now I just look at it as a way to clean the oil off the undercarriage. :D

24. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    #74 mulo rampante, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    Hose down the bottom of the car with gunk engine cleaner and drive!

I'll see you guys at AVF... taking the car Lane loves to hate. On the plus side it is loaded with tools. (Ferrari is about 3 hours from driveable but just couldn't muster the effort last night.)

Charles

25. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nice to see the pony's are coming out. If anyone needs to get under there car for cleaning stop on by and i can throw it up on the lift. Makes it easier then on your back with jack stands. See ya guys at starbucks in a few